THE NEW BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9!!!!

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
friend_kami

Re: THE NEW BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9!!!!

Post by friend_kami » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:40 pm

something i've been thinking about alot lately and osmething that has been annoying me more and more lately is operator.
see, operator is fantastic, but operator would be so much MORE fantastic if you could route outputs from independent oscillators and the mains out from one instance into oscillators on another instance, ie have your entire patch from instance one to modulate the frequency of oscillator B of operator instance 2 (which in turn could feedback post vca to instance 1 perhaps)

this way you could build IMMSENSE synthesis racks.
and ofcourse, the more routing abilities the better.
combine this with a better way of building racks in general, specifically the ability to have zones setup (say, 0 to 100% resonance during steps 0-16 on a knob and so on) and you have the makings of a beast like no other.

Tanboon

Post by Tanboon » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:01 pm

Being able to enter exact values for automation would be my biggest thing

tehupbeat

Post by tehupbeat » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:57 am

Better use of system resources!

If Live was 64bit on a Mac and if the biggest known bugs were fixed ("of of memory" issues, software crashes, a clean and always working audio buffer, correct phasing behaviour, beat repeat bugs), I would be willing to pay money even without getting a single new fancy feature.

William

Post by William » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:32 am

The things that are most important to me:

-Better efficiency when handling third party instruments and effects
-Dual screen option. This one would be huge for workflow
-Audio and Midi comping...similar to logic or pt

Beyond that...I'd like some other color/gui options or maybe just an update. For instance I like the GUI of PT9 a lot. It's pleasant to look at which is important if you spend all day with a program.

A tightly integrated Live controller similar to Maschine would be awesome as well.
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/rimby

i7-3770K 3.5GHz
16GB RAM
256GB SSD, 1TB 7200HD

Windows 8

Live 9

sjursju

Post by sjursju » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:37 pm

I would like to see a general modulation matrix, that could be accessible in the same way as the midi and key mapping or macro knob screens. From here you could pick a source, say an operator LFO or oscillator, and assign this to modulate something in analog, a different operator, a fader, or any device. It would be comparable to the modulation capabilities of Reason i suppose, but without the cable clutter.

setzer_

Post by setzer_ » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:33 am

some great ideas there! I hope ableton is listening.

By far the one needed most for me is: 6. Copy to siblings for macro assignments.
in dire need of this!

The spectrum analyzer on the eq is a great idea.

romulopierotti

Post by romulopierotti » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:10 pm

what about an auto gain, a lot of peolpe use ableton for djing.
every time i need to drop all tracks that i'll play in tracktor, than export the html file with the gains and then corret them in ableton, it's a pain in the ass

Monchai

Post by Monchai » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:13 am

Quite a long wishlist,

How about something simple like
1 tuner device (so user can knows the scale of imported clips)
2 able to name group clips (not track)
3 someone already requested this one and I totally agreed so please make this happen
being able to freeze group track with internal sidechain routing.
And lastly, when is Live 9 coming out? could it possibly within this year?

thanks

Kristijonas

Post by Kristijonas » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:03 pm

Temporary set Warping type to "Unwarped One Shoot" while dropping samples with some keys pressed (for example cmd/ctrl+alt) (like dropping with cmd disables snapping to grid now).
SOUNDPROVOCATION
Check out my new release: "Eccentric Grooves"

stoersignal

Post by stoersignal » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:22 pm

friend_kami wrote:something i've been thinking about alot lately and osmething that has been annoying me more and more lately is operator.
see, operator is fantastic, but operator would be so much MORE fantastic if you could route outputs from independent oscillators and the mains out from one instance into oscillators on another instance, ie have your entire patch from instance one to modulate the frequency of oscillator B of operator instance 2 (which in turn could feedback post vca to instance 1 perhaps)

this way you could build IMMSENSE synthesis racks.
and ofcourse, the more routing abilities the better.
combine this with a better way of building racks in general, specifically the ability to have zones setup (say, 0 to 100% resonance during steps 0-16 on a knob and so on) and you have the makings of a beast like no other.
+1 for that!
i really love operator, but this is really a great idea :idea: , i only thought of the possibility of a bypass or the ability to choose which osc`s get filtered, but this would be the best!
And another thing are the envelopes. i think the maxforlive device "Operator Advanced Envelope" should be a fixed part of Operator (i mean hardcoded not the maxforlive version)
With these to features operator could get one of the most powerful soft-synths!
Cmon Ableton, make us happy!

stoersignal

Post by stoersignal » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:25 pm

setzer_ wrote:some great ideas there! I hope ableton is listening.

By far the one needed most for me is: 6. Copy to siblings for macro assignments.
in dire need of this!

The spectrum analyzer on the eq is a great idea.

+1 for this

foetus666

Post by foetus666 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:13 am

After using & customizing reaper to try and work like ableton for the last few months and finishing a large mix on it I would love to see the following improvements in ableton. Abletons work flow is so kick ass but there are a few things reaper had which were nice:

1. Utilize all cores when rendering. I have saved so much time rendering in reaper. Normally the clients 40-70trk mixes render in 10 - 15 minutes in ableton. Reaper takes about 3 minutes.
2. Time stretch by dragging clip edges holding down a modifier key without having to set warp markers.
3. Stereo Width as a standard slider per track.4. A better time stretch algorithm. All of abletons warp modes are glitchy on lead vocals. Reapers was fantasticly transparent and worked every time even on what I would have considered large stretches that were previously "dodgy" in ableton.

anto

Post by anto » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:18 pm

I need A TOOL TO TEST PLUG IN'S EFFETTIVE LATENCY. to use Live in live situations this is a necessary tool to see what tools you can use eithout compromise the performance
Macbook Pro i7, NI Komplete

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:35 pm

I'd like to see a Performance or CPU Usage Per Track window; maybe a vertical view like the Midi/Key Map window where you can see how much CPU use is going on per track.

Some projects can be hard to pinpoint if and where a certain track may be using a lot of cpu. I'll end up grouping devices so I don't have to turn each one on and off just to see if it's one or 2 or all devices combined (even though I know it may typically be a vst and not stock devices, a little can add up to a lot).
Just muting a track doesn't seem to make a difference.
ImageImage

pointsource

Post by pointsource » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:40 pm

We need an option to zoom in the 3rd party plugins GUI, make them bigger, whatever.

The vast majority is too small and hard to read, we shoud be able to zoom in like we do in ableton (zoom, in look & feel tab)