The OSX Lion Early Adopter Whiners' Depot

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Re: The OSX Lion Early Adopter Whiners' Depot

Post by beats me » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:05 pm

Khazul wrote:
sunaivod wrote:Everything works normal here

, have made music too.. since I've disabled Multicore/Multiprocessor Support it doesn't freeze when I'm recording notes.
That doesnt sound normal ie as it should be ;)

Sounds like something a former PC user would do and claim everything works as advertised and doesn't understand why people have problems with PCs.

sunaivod

Post by sunaivod » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:44 pm

beats me wrote:
Khazul wrote:
sunaivod wrote:Everything works normal here

, have made music too.. since I've disabled Multicore/Multiprocessor Support it doesn't freeze when I'm recording notes.
That doesnt sound normal ie as it should be ;)

Sounds like something a former PC user would do and claim everything works as advertised and doesn't understand why people have problems with PCs.
It just works, but I've should've wait like I've waited a year before I upgraded to snow leopard. Ah for me it all just works at the moment.. at the moment.

apolloXiii

Post by apolloXiii » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:17 pm

I am definitely having issues.

Upgraded to lion on day one since I had just bought my mac; like an excited schoolchild I acted without thinking.

Trying to sync my MPD32 to ableton w/ ableton as master. If the MPD is plugged in and external sync set Live freezes as soon as I try to play clips.

I'm going to try to disable multicore processing when I get home and see if that helps for now. Should have stayed with snow leopard :(
MacBook Pro 13" 2.3 GHz Core i5, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.7
Ableton Live 8.2.1
Akai MPD32
M-Audio KeyRig49
Warwick Streamer 5-String

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:56 pm

apolloXiii wrote:I am definitely having issues.

Upgraded to lion on day one since I had just bought my mac; like an excited schoolchild I acted without thinking.

Trying to sync my MPD32 to ableton w/ ableton as master. If the MPD is plugged in and external sync set Live freezes as soon as I try to play clips.

I'm going to try to disable multicore processing when I get home and see if that helps for now. Should have stayed with snow leopard :(

I just got a new iMac Monday and it had Snow Leopard installed on it by default (luckily). I would have downgraded it anyway by cloning my MBP drive to it.

I have no issues kicking down the $30 for Lion which I already did, but I heard you get a free upgrade to Lion if you bought a new Mac in the last month or so. I'm just wondering if that would be free to all my Macs like it is with a purchase from the App Store.

DPMachine

Post by DPMachine » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:26 pm

beats me wrote:
apolloXiii wrote:I am definitely having issues.

I just got a new iMac Monday and it had Snow Leopard installed on it by default (luckily). I would have downgraded it anyway by cloning my MBP drive to it.

I have no issues kicking down the $30 for Lion which I already did, but I heard you get a free upgrade to Lion if you bought a new Mac in the last month or so. I'm just wondering if that would be free to all my Macs like it is with a purchase from the App Store.
You can install it on all of your Macs as long as you use the same Apple ID, or at least that's what I was told...

Grondak

Post by Grondak » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:41 am

I know it was really dumb to not check before a system upgrade like this :roll: , but since the deed is done, and it would be a giant pain in the butt to downgrade back to snow leopard for me at this point does anyone have a rough idea of when we might see a lion-friendly Live update?---

never mind just found ableton's official statement. already have the multiprocessor support turned off, program still seems a little jinky in lion...so i would call that a "fix"...

smutek

Post by smutek » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:06 pm

If you don't like having your track pad reversed you can switch it here, in the track pad section of system preferences:

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:46 am

Grondak wrote:it would be a giant pain in the butt to downgrade back to snow leopard
Why? Unless you don't use Timemachine. I did it because didn't think Presonus will be so quick releasing new drivers, expect same fro Ableton, meanwhile installed Lion again, if I have to use Live (with midi), have it on backup computer.

condra

Post by condra » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:47 pm

Reading PDF Instruction Manuals in Full Screen mode is something very special.
It will be great when Live eventually supports "Apple style" Fullscreen mode, where it takes up its own Space, off the desktop.

Lion has really grown on me, especially when combined with Magic Mouse + Better Touch Tool

geoff adams

Post by geoff adams » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:54 am

Funny, I didn't know about Ableton's announcement about Lion. I just got a new MacBook Pro with Lion installed and migrated all my stuff to it. Live 8.2.2 seems to be working fine. But all the Max For Live plug ins are disabled. Frankly I didn't even know that the machine would have Lion, and I didn't bother poking around here to check on Lion compatibility. I guess I have to downgrade back to Snow Leopard to get my Max plug ins working. Oh, but I don't have Snow Leopard!

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:42 pm

geoff adams wrote:Funny, I didn't know about Ableton's announcement about Lion. I just got a new MacBook Pro with Lion installed and migrated all my stuff to it. Live 8.2.2 seems to be working fine. But all the Max For Live plug ins are disabled. Frankly I didn't even know that the machine would have Lion, and I didn't bother poking around here to check on Lion compatibility. I guess I have to downgrade back to Snow Leopard to get my Max plug ins working. Oh, but I don't have Snow Leopard!
Or wait till Cycling releases the next Max update.