Forced to bounce realtime for no reason !?!?!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Parametex

Forced to bounce realtime for no reason !?!?!

Post by Parametex » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:53 pm

I having this highly annoying bug pestering me: I'm forced to bounce Live projects in realtime even though there is no external processing nor external synth in use ?!? I do not get it ... I have gone thru the project dozens of times and removed everything that could produce the bug disabled monitoring on tracks, disabled track delaying/advancing etc etc) ...

Anyone else having similar issues?

Px

cotdagoo

Re: Forced to bounce realtime for no reason !?!?!

Post by cotdagoo » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:12 pm

What is forcing you to bounce?

Audio going choppy?

Stuff not playing back at all?

Need a few more details as to what the actual problem is? You mention having to bounce.. but not why?

Parametex

Post by Parametex » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:35 pm

In certain projects Ableton Live is forcing me to bounce realtime and I cannot help it.

When I do a 'bounce Audio' Live will automatically start bouncing the audio realtime. AFAIK you, as user cannot control if the bouncing will be done in realtime or not, Live will decide it for you, and in my case there is simply nothing that would give a reason to do so.

Px

bicarbone

Post by bicarbone » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:34 am

maybe a plugin you're using is set up to work in realtime? maybe an fx, like a reverb, has an oversampling mode turned on? I don't know..
|soundcloud|

MBP 2.2 GHz i7 quad 10.7.5 8GB ram | Live9suite | Reaper | Metric Halo ULN-2 + DSP | PSI A21-M active monitors | Littlepapercones passive speakers | Studer 169 analog mixer

Parametex

Post by Parametex » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:15 am

I'm using a set of plugins that in other projects do not provoke Live to bounce realtime. Tis is the weird problem.

When a user inserts a 'external audio effect' or 'external instrument' on tracks Live automatically does the bouncing realtime but in my case there is no reason for it to do so!

It might be that I have used such a plugin in earlier versions of the project but Live bugs out and still thinks that these plugs are still present.

Has anyone had similar things happening?

concept_control

Post by concept_control » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:11 pm

If you have the time and energy, delete tracks one by one and start bouncing (obv just briefly) until it stops. Or delete one half of the tracks, bounce, then the other half, bounce, then keep breaking them down in halves until you have the offender. that'll whittle down which track is affected and you'll probably be able to work out the problem quickly from there. Might not be such a great idea if you've got some mammoth beast project, but will get you to the bottom of it if you're feeling meticulous.

The only other thing I can think of is you've got a track set to "IN" and it's looking for a real-time input, or you've got an external effect / instrument plugin somewhere in there. Curious!

Parametex

Post by Parametex » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:05 pm

concept_control wrote:If you have the time and energy, delete tracks one by one and start bouncing (obv just briefly) until it stops. Or delete one half of the tracks, bounce, then the other half, bounce, then keep breaking them down in halves until you have the offender. that'll whittle down which track is affected and you'll probably be able to work out the problem quickly from there. Might not be such a great idea if you've got some mammoth beast project, but will get you to the bottom of it if you're feeling meticulous.

The only other thing I can think of is you've got a track set to "IN" and it's looking for a real-time input, or you've got an external effect / instrument plugin somewhere in there. Curious!
I'm afraid you are dead right with your advice ... as it is some kind of a bug apparently there is no easy way out ... I just gotta hunt the bastard plugin/track down ... Tedious work as all them projects are closer to 80 tracks etc ... I think it might be actually connected with the high track count somehow as I tend to start getting weird behaviour in bigger projects...

Px