Live 8.2.5 released

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
3dot...

Re: Live 8.2.5 released

Post by 3dot... » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:57 am

pencilrocket wrote:Sorry I don't have time to do lengty chat with noob. Forget about the question.
good day to you too.. pencil rocket... :lol:
sorry for wasting your precious time..with my noobness

I would suggest another software
...something less time consuming ..
and more pro..

you know ..for good clean mastering sound
only the best will do

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:46 am

pencilrocket wrote:
Sibanger wrote:I think your major issue is your desktop background. It has made Live all dopey and confused. :mrgreen:
Biased fanboy fooling. There is nothing makes me fun.
WTF?? :|

Oh well pencilrocket, goodbye. :arrow:

southsounder

Post by southsounder » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:55 pm

pencilrocket wrote:Sorry I don't have time to do lengty chat with noob. Forget about the question.
I normally avoid this kind of silly bickering like the plague, but this one was too funny to pass up. We got a guy with 41 posts calling a guy with almost 7000 posts a noob? :lol:

Hermanus

Post by Hermanus » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:58 pm

there's a "new users wave" right at this moment.

Let's just breathe :lol:

Bizon

Post by Bizon » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:31 pm

southsounder wrote:
I normally avoid this kind of silly bickering like the plague, but this one was too funny to pass up. We got a guy with 41 posts calling a guy with almost 7000 posts a noob? :lol:
+1

I laughed too. Even at say 10 posts a day that is more than 2 years of constant posting. I am pretty sure he would have cracked open the program at least a few damn times.

toph

Post by toph » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:22 pm

southsounder wrote:
Don't get me wrong - I'm smiling also about pencilrockets question and answers, but the fact of 41 posts don't neccessarily tell anything about one being a "noob" or a long time user. I use Live since version 1 and have posted way under 200 times here in the last four years. Until 2007 I didn't use the forum at all. But I wouldn't call myself a "noob".

C.

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:17 pm

Exactly. Those kind of patronizing attitude never get respect. I'm trying to ingore those noob idiots judging world by the number of posts.

toph

Post by toph » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:52 pm

pencilrocket wrote:Exactly. Those kind of patronizing attitude never get respect. I'm trying to ingore those noob idiots judging world by the number of posts.
Also I wrote above, that number of post in my opinion doesn't relate to "noob"-factor, I think that your way of calling others "noob idiots" isn't the right way to communicate on this board anyhow. It's very obvious that 3dot isn't a so called noob at all and I wouldn't call any person here an idiot.

In my eyes there might be a problem with your way of describing your problem in English. - What do you mean by "mastering sound" and what do you want to tell us with your former statement anyway? That the quality of Lives bouncing algorithm is bad? - If so, what has this to do with the actual minor update?

As often written before by others (and that's my opinion too): Live doesn't sound better or worse than other DAWs as long as you don't use heavy warped material. The way to go maybe slightly different from Logic and Co, but it's up to you to get good sounding results out of Live. If you don't and you achive better results with another DAW I would think of switching in your place. Anyhow: All written above has to do with what one would call the final mix, but nothing with what is understood by the term "mastering".

C.

agent314

Post by agent314 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:03 am

pencilrocket is a troll through and through. Don't give him any more fodder for his bullshit.

HeadrickProductions

Post by HeadrickProductions » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:03 am

Bizon wrote:
southsounder wrote:
+1

I laughed too. Even at say 10 posts a day that is more than 2 years of constant posting. I am pretty sure he would have cracked open the program at least a few damn times.
You could also say that with so many posts it would be hard to have time to even learn ableton. I know my productivity goes down the more time spent here! That being said time to get the hell out
In a K induced Haze (the old K kind not the special K kind ), but an Asian spizz can sometimes bring me out! If ya don't get it, ya never will.

Swing like your life depends on it

southsounder

Post by southsounder » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:43 am

pencilrocket wrote:Exactly. Those kind of patronizing attitude never get respect. I'm trying to ingore those noob idiots judging world by the number of posts.
LOL, yep, this exactly is why I should avoid the temptation to get involved in this kind of silliness. Point taken about the number of posts, although in this case I think the sheer disparity was worth a chuckle. You get points for your audacity, if not for your social skills (or your spelling).

But in this case I think the real irony comes from the disparity in post content, not post count. It's pretty obvious from even a cursory examination of 3dot's posts that the man knows what he's doing, both with Live and with audio in general. Your posts on the other hand, tell a somewhat different story...

And now (hopefully) back to our regularly scheduled thread, which I believe was actually about Live 8.2.5?

mr.adl

Post by mr.adl » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:44 am

Live 8.2.5 running all fine here on my win xp sp3 pc :D

HorusProject

Post by HorusProject » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:23 am

Yets lets keep this on topic or close it,

I am running Live 8.2.5 on MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz i5 on Mac OS X 10.6.8 (trying to convince my girlfriend to approve of getting lion :) ) and no problems so far

Horus
Kaon Flux

Klinikal

Post by Klinikal » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:23 am

8.2.5 works with no problems under OSX 10.6.8

crofter

Post by crofter » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:54 am

No problems so far
Core2 quad q660, 4gig ram, Win 7 home premium SP1.
P4 2.8 ghz, Gigabyte GA- 81E2004P, 1.5 gig ram,XP Home, SP3.
dual core pentium laptop 2 gig ram Win 8.
MOTU 8Pre,Tascam FW-1804,Zoom R16, Ableton live 8.4
Cubase 7