MaxScore for Live

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
HfMT

Re: MaxScore for Live

Post by HfMT » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:24 pm

Bagatell wrote:How do you get the transformations to work?
The transformations will be enabled in a future version of MaxScore. We are also adding support for multiple music fonts for a more varied appearance, and much more....

luddy

Post by luddy » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:33 am

HfMT wrote:Hello, we are planning to create a specific license for MaxScore at a substantially reduced price, stripping some of the features of JMSL. Nick (didkovn@mail.rockefeller.edu) has been very generous about extending the 30-day demo period if anyone needs more time to decide whether or not to buy the JMSL/MaxScore license.
hi, do you have an estimate of when the MaxScore-specific license will be available for purchase?

thx,

-Luddy

ecompositor

Post by ecompositor » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:18 pm

Not a problem George I will install it on windows for now. I took a look at the log and it is Lion related. (Java vm - most likely security. ) It may or may not go away when offical release happens.

I am using a lot of max4live devices and have used max-score prior to lion. As maxScore is also failing. Im 90% certain it is related to a change and I would not bother spending any time on it at this point.

HfMT wrote:Hello, we are planning to create a specific license for MaxScore at a substantially reduced price, stripping some of the features of JMSL. Nick (didkovn@mail.rockefeller.edu) has been very generous about extending the 30-day demo period if anyone needs more time to decide whether or not to buy the JMSL/MaxScore license.

@ecompositor: You're saying that you couldn't get it to run under Mac OS X Lion? Lion hasn't been officially released by Apple yet, so I can't really comment on this. So far, our support only includes Leopard and Snow Leopard as well as Windows XP through 7. I recommend you test the software on a machine with a supported OS, and please get back to me with further comments.

HfMT

Post by HfMT » Tue May 24, 2011 5:34 pm

ANNOUNCEMENT

We have uploaded version 0.2 of MaxScore.
This version includes a super fast XML parser (kudos to Ádám Siska), support for text and various music fonts (Jazz and Opus included) and a brand new plugin system called Scorepions for easy extension of MasterScore's functionality via custom Max patches (think Finale plugins).
Refer to http://www.computermusicnotation.com/content/ for further information.

The MaxScore license will be sold at $49. We'll make an announcement soon. In the meantime contact Nick Didkovsky for an extension on your trial license.

Georg Hajdu

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Fri May 27, 2011 4:13 pm

Wow it's starting to look like "Finale for Live." Great work guys!
Unsound Designer

HfMT

Post by HfMT » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:12 am

This is a preview of the upcoming graphics editor for MaxScore for Live. The editor will enable users to create extra articulations and expressions and store them in a library. They can be attached to notes, staves and/or measures and edited as groups. There are 14 basic shapes/elements to choose from which all can be colored and made transparent. Pictures can be resized and cropped. Graphics can also be exported as svg files.

We are expecting to be done by mid-August.

http://www.computermusicnotation.com/co ... age_id=207

arterofm

Post by arterofm » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:39 pm

It is exactly what I needed!
I'll buy it!
I hope the commercial release is coming out soon.
Great work,
Juan

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:57 pm

looks amazing ! that's some serious work guys.. I'm sure it will cater to many users needs ..

LiveScore

Post by LiveScore » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:03 pm

MaxScore version 0.3:
We have added microtonal capabilities to the LiveScore editor. You can notate up to 72TET and have unlimited precision playback via a sampler or sound font player. Graphics and additional articulations for rich scores can now be added via the Picster graphics tool and/or the Picster library.
We're looking for beta testers who would like to test-drive the editor. Check it out at http://www.georghajdu.de/computermusicnotation/wopre/.