Launchpad : tips n tricks, ideas, suggestions

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
skateboardkid

Re: Launchpad : tips n tricks, ideas, suggestions

Post by skateboardkid » Wed May 04, 2011 8:17 pm

get a version of Ableton after 8.1.3 or this wont work

go to http://www.aurexmusic.com/launchpad

HIGH FIVE, WINNING!!!

the sickest sequencers and mashers with led feedback for user 1 and 2, danate what you can WOOT!!!!

BUILD MORE STUFF BASED UPON THIS GUYS IDEAS PLEASE!!!

slavaskills

Post by slavaskills » Fri May 06, 2011 6:50 pm

skateboardkid wrote:get a version of Ableton after 8.1.3 or this wont work

HIGH FIVE, WINNING!!!

the sickest sequencers and mashers with led feedback for user 1 and 2, danate what you can WOOT!!!!

well, i m working upon new masher setup, trying to concentrate on mixing two track together through involving my nanokontrol korg.
rebuilt half of effects, gonna show it up after i finish them.

skateboardkid

Post by skateboardkid » Sat May 07, 2011 6:54 pm

I use a NanoKontrol and a Launchpad, serious possibilities exist here, looking forward to anything new, I'm looking into replacing the effects on the Aurex effect sequencer with more usable filters and stutters.

slavaskills

Post by slavaskills » Sun May 08, 2011 4:01 pm

question solved

eshaa83

Post by eshaa83 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:37 am

You have shared a really nice nice post having great tips here...
Thanks for sharng

cheakywillie

Post by cheakywillie » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:40 pm

jamief wrote:Can we have a 256 and evern better a 512 launchpad please ableton perhasp even with cutomisable clip on midi modules crossfader encoders etc etc - just like a LEGO kit (TM)

Best
:)
if i am understanding you correctly ...you can link multiple LP's together...i use two and have one set for clip launching and the other has my user 1 and user2 controls set up so i always can easily navigate many different parameters

BenAtWork

Post by BenAtWork » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:26 pm

Had a read through the thread and I don't think this one has been addressed so I'll ask, but apologies if I've missed something. It's hard to know what the right words are to use here but essentially; I want to be able to jump the native launchpad grid around, without having to use the arrow keys to navigate a single row and column move at a time. The thing is I've made a set where all my samples are arranged diagonally (so I can use scene launch buttons as well as put all elements from each song horizontally alongside each other) which works. However navigating between songs is tiresome, hitting right right right right right right down down down down etc. It would be nice if I could jump into say user 1 and just hit a button to snap the grid to the pre-programmed position in the regular session mode. Would this be possible? Does the launchpad accept say midi values to move the grid? cheers.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:30 pm

Hi Ben,

The clip launch rectangle doesn't respond to midi calls as it uses control surface methods to move around, i may be wrong but is it the case that when you hold the session button the clip launch buttons change state to represent each button as an 8x8 grid of slots and is lit to show which ones contain clips? I'm at work so can't check...

Cheers
D

hernandezmaryann

Post by hernandezmaryann » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:24 am

This tip really helped. :)

matthews

Post by matthews » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:55 pm

Anyone have the original python script for the ableton template?

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:17 pm

matthews wrote:Anyone have the original python script for the ableton template?
Doesn't exist to my knowledge, but there is a script floating round that has a step sequencer mod in it, think this will have the original but i can't remember where you'll find it...

Cheers
D

pilz971

Post by pilz971 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:17 am

skateboardkid wrote:get a version of Ableton after 8.1.3 or this wont work

HIGH FIVE, WINNING!!!

+1! Aurex is ON IT!! :P

BenAtWork

Post by BenAtWork » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:00 pm

S4racen wrote:Hi Ben,

The clip launch rectangle doesn't respond to midi calls as it uses control surface methods to move around, i may be wrong but is it the case that when you hold the session button the clip launch buttons change state to represent each button as an 8x8 grid of slots and is lit to show which ones contain clips? I'm at work so can't check...

Cheers
D
A bit late but thanks for this, close to what I was after. Unfortunately it doesn't actually highlight which areas have clips in them. It just shows a red grid showing how far your rows and columns extend by multiples of 8, with yellow ones representing where your launch rectangle is presently. So it doesn't actually highlight where your clips are. This would be really useful for me seeing as my songs are arranged in diagonal groups, the division between them would be rather easy to spot.

Anyone know of any other tricks for moving the clip launch rectangle around while were on it?

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:50 am

Strange, i thought it worked where green showed where clips were present, not at home to be able to check but i'm sure you have....

On the Launchpad you are limited to the bank select buttons to move the grid as currently there isn't a remote script hack out there, i believe it can be moved with Max4Live which you could then midi map to something or other, can't confirm this though as i'm about to try and solve it for myself and the APC40....

Cheers
D

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:30 am

Hello,

where can i find resources to learn how to make a script to remap the way the clips are colored, per track ?

thank you
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1