Anyone play video games here?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Evengy

Re: Anyone play video games here?

Post by Evengy » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:21 am

I´m playing Deus Ex 3 atm ;-)

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:57 pm

I enjoyed myself watching the 'rage quit' videos, and this one about Trials HD is really fun, try this one also :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bboG9P93HqA

about Crisis 2, I managed to finish it but that was a pain in the arse IMO, scenario is crap, no real boss fight, this armor is shit (you're allways out of energy then you can't run anymore to hide somewhere...), I just wanted to finish the game before selling it and this was really long and annoying... the multiplayer could be fun, but the other characters move rigidly, you always die in 2 or 3 seconds after walking around after rspawn to access the battle area...

shit game

Just grabbed Killzone 3 and it kicks Crisis 2 to death. Better graphics, better solo campaign (but also too quickly done), and really great multiplayer. Multiplayer maps, graphics, design, weapons, classes are really great, and even in team deathmatch you feel the "coop" style with each class being useful to the others (I'm often a medic, reviving teammates, while some of them repair stuff for us and set turrets, etc.)

Killsone 3 is IMO one of the best present shooters all platforms intended.

cheers

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:32 pm

Ditto. When's it due?

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:44 pm

Been busy with Deus Ex: Human Revolution. On my third play through now. The experience can drastically change each time depending on how you play.

Want to get Dead Island but the damn thing is sold out everywhere! :x
Unsound Designer

shuutobi

Post by shuutobi » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:59 pm

Can't wait for:

Planetside 2
Hawken
Tribes: Ascend (Hopefully doesn't suck too bad, but it's looking less like a tribes game)
Skyrim
Torchlight 2
Battlefield 3 (Maybe... It's their last chance. BFBC2 is still has some annoying bugs, but it's still the best shooter out now and has the best audio of any game out there...)

p.s. Hawken, if y'all haven't heard of it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udEAEARD-Fo&hd=1

aizo

Post by aizo » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:17 am

Been playing Super street Fighter IV Arcade Edition.
ImageImage

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:23 am

i have sorta been playing fable 3 maybe once a week. i stopped playing games when i was 13 and got my first real electric guitar but every once in a while when there is no good movies, i dont feel like making music, and i just want to be in another world i will play something. the new oblivion looks like it will be great!
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:57 pm

Been playing a lot of fallout 3 lately. Very fun game and plenty long to keep me occupied until skyrim.
levimoniz wrote:yes i'm a hypocrite and not intelligent

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:35 pm

Anyone been enjoying Dead Island? Looks like it needs a lot of patching, and I barely play on the pc these days (enjoying some ipod games tho) but my temp assignment is ending at the end of the month, so I can see looking into some zombie sandbox fun....hope it doesn't get too redundant; I get bored easily.
ImageImage

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:02 pm

shadx312 wrote:Anyone been enjoying Dead Island? Looks like it needs a lot of patching, and I barely play on the pc these days (enjoying some ipod games tho) but my temp assignment is ending at the end of the month, so I can see looking into some zombie sandbox fun....hope it doesn't get too redundant; I get bored easily.
It's sold out at every single retailer in town, so I can't get my hands on a copy.
Unsound Designer

hacktheplanet

Post by hacktheplanet » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:17 am

TEAM FORTRESS 2 DEMOKNIGHTS LEAD THE CHARGE

mbird21

Post by mbird21 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:55 am

YEAH!!!!!!....i had a bad addiction to playing Halo Wars for a year, i couldnt get enough of that thing but love all the halos except for halo 2 never got into that and i like mass effects and pgr & forza, and bit of fifa in between but anything really, though on fifa im not buying this years for first time since i was in juniors, its getting same old, they are getting lazy them ea guys, i just realised nothing much ever changes just the names LOL :lol:
Alex!

mbird21

Post by mbird21 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:56 am

Evengy wrote:I´m playing Deus Ex 3 atm ;-)
Jealous :x suppose to be amazing game, got great reviews everywhere
Alex!

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:09 pm

mbird21 wrote:YEAH!!!!!!....i had a bad addiction to playing Halo Wars for a year, i couldnt get enough of that thing but love all the halos except for halo 2 never got into that and i like mass effects and pgr & forza, and bit of fifa in between but anything really, though on fifa im not buying this years for first time since i was in juniors, its getting same old, they are getting lazy them ea guys, i just realised nothing much ever changes just the names LOL :lol:
That's surprising, Halo 2 was the best one of the bunch IMO. I played so much of that game in college it was crazy. We had a weekly sunday afternoon LAN setup w/4 xboxes linked together w/ 4 tv's for 4x4 madness.
levimoniz wrote:yes i'm a hypocrite and not intelligent

rbmonosylabik

Post by rbmonosylabik » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:30 pm

lol, so true. Every year it's the same "we've reinvented the wheel of football games" speech with new super detailed animations and tweaks to the controls and graphics and so, then a few games in you figure out that if you send a through pass from the right spot or take a shot at the right angle the keeper won't ever get to it and then every game is a 5-0 win.

I'm trying to complete a Mass Effect Insanity run, started with a lvl 30 character which apparently makes the enemies difficulty scale up and you start without the upgrades, so it's even harder. I have to confess I threw a controller during the Collector ship platforms fight.

MBP 2.3 GHz i5, Live 9.6.1, Push, MPD32, Rane SL2