Separate cue level not working with my Saffire Pro 24

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Dan Senseï

Separate cue level not working with my Saffire Pro 24

Post by Dan Senseï » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:38 pm

Here's hoping you guys can help me out.

I'm using Live 8 with a Saffire Pro 24 interface.
I want to be able to use the cue option, but it's just not happening for me.

Let's say I want to hear the metronome separately.

I tried assigning the "cue out" option to 3/4, or simply 3, but I only get the normal master track going out even if the "Master out" is only at output 1/2! :evil:

If I place the "cue out" on output 2 and the "Master out" on output 1, then I can listen to the metronome only on one side of the headphones.

The answer may lie in the Saffire Mix Control program. I followed a tutorial on it, changing the routing presets to DAW tracking but to no avail.

Please, somebody help me! I want to be able to hear the metronome and cue tracks while playing live. I'd settle for simply plugging my headphones in an output at the back, but ideally I'd just put them in the headphones input in the front. I read somewhere that the headphones are considered as the 3/4 outputs...

And yes, I installed the latest version of Saffire Mix control. What am I missing here?

Dan Senseï

Also: weird inputs problem

Post by Dan Senseï » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:54 pm

When I have my master out at 1/2, it's fine in my headphones, but nothing actually comes out of the 1/2 outputs. Instead they come out of my 3,4,5 and 6 inputs (in the typical left and right stereo sound).

If I put my "cue out" to 1/2 and my "Master out" at 3/4, there is nothing in outputs 1/2 but I have ONLY the metronome in 3-6 and in my headphones. WTF???

Also, I just realized that I can no longer control the monitor volume on my Saffire Pro24, I can only do it in LIVE. I had the option a few days ago, so I must have changed a setting or something.

I'm counting on you guys to save my newbie butt.

DP

Dan Senseï

And yes, I did have it on cue and not the solo option.

Post by Dan Senseï » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:07 pm

:(

Dan Senseï

Nobody knows what could be wrong with my setup

Post by Dan Senseï » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:44 am

I guess my problem is so rare that no one else can understand. :cry: An emo song should be written about it.

philwilshaw

Re: Separate cue level not working with my Saffire Pro 24

Post by philwilshaw » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:09 pm

Hey, i have the same issue. did you manage to solve this? got a gig tomorrow so could really use your help! :)

Dan Senseï

Post by Dan Senseï » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:20 pm

nope. :cry:

bt12

Post by bt12 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:58 am

did anyone ever solve this?

having same issue with Saffire Pro 24. It seems that the Saffire mix Control software overrides any routing in ableton.

Help Please.

bt12

Post by bt12 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:18 am

You have to go into Saffire mix control and set your headphone outs(3&4) to DAW 3 & 4. Then when you set your cue to 3/4 in ableton, life will be good!