Guitar rig 4 not working in Ableton

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Carlitasoprano

Guitar rig 4 not working in Ableton

Post by Carlitasoprano » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:20 pm

Hi all. Ok so, I have Guitar Rig 4 and it is not showing up in my VST

I've done some research and know that the Guitar rig VST should be saved in a specified path c\programfiles\steinberg\VSTplugins and have saved it in this path however it is still not there. I can use it as a standalone and am using Rigkontrol as the soundcard, however, when I record a track of audio/guitar I only get a clean signal, and no Guitar rig effects.

Any help would be much appreciated with this as I'd love to be able to start using it in ableton soon as

Thanks in advance

The Philosopher King

Re: Guitar rig 4 not working in Ableton

Post by The Philosopher King » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:33 am

Eh ... yeah. I've just installed GR4. Updated it etc and it's not showing in Ableton 8.2.6

Windows 7

Maybe it is a plan by Native Instruments to get us to pay for the GR5 update.

rdevries

Post by rdevries » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:11 am

Carlitasoprano wrote:Hi all. Ok so, I have Guitar Rig 4 and it is not showing up in my VST

I've done some research and know that the Guitar rig VST should be saved in a specified path c\programfiles\steinberg\VSTplugins and have saved it in this path however it is still not there. I can use it as a standalone and am using Rigkontrol as the soundcard, however, when I record a track of audio/guitar I only get a clean signal, and no Guitar rig effects.

Any help would be much appreciated with this as I'd love to be able to start using it in ableton soon as

Thanks in advance
In preferences, check if your VST-plugin custom folder is set to the right location and then click rescan Plugins.

The Philosopher King

Post by The Philosopher King » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:33 am

Hi rdevries. It's a YES from me!!! :)

It's not enough to make a special Ableton folder with a shortcut to GR4Pro DLL in it. If you manage your VSTs in a similar way to me, you need to install GR4Pro right into your special Ableton VST Folder (it can be inside a sub folder within your specuial Ableton VST Folder) or it won't show up in Ableton. All of my other VSTs work using shortcuts placed in my special VST Folder to their respective DLLs. Native Instruments GR4Pro seems to be a special case. Probably all NI Products work this way.

Hope that makes sense.

Carlitasoprano

Post by Carlitasoprano » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:32 pm

Hi everyone, I've re-installed guitar rig and saved it in the specified path, it's still not there. c\programfiles\steinberg\vstplugins

I've also tried re-scanning in VST preferences and nothing.

Any other ideas?

Thanks a lot

rdevries

Post by rdevries » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:00 am

can you locate the guitarrig.dll file on your computer?

Carlitasoprano

Post by Carlitasoprano » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:40 pm

Yes, it's stored in C\Programfiles\NativeInstruments\Guitarrig4\VSTplugins32bit

Cheers