Ableton Live 8.2.2 Automap 3.7b1 (automation is jerky)

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
RD444

Re: Ableton Live 8.2.2 Automap 3.7b1 (automation is jerky)

Post by RD444 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:48 am

Ableton has updated Live to version 8.2.6. This update is available as a free download for all owners of Live Lite 8, Live Intro, Live 8 and Suite 8.

Changes in Live 8.2.6:

Added support for Novation Impulse controllers.
Bug fix: In Live 8.2.5, it was not possible to try Amp or Max for Live.

Retro Synths
Until the end of October, Ableton is giving all users of Ableton Live 8 or Suite 8 its most popular Partner Instrument: Puremagnetik's Retro Synths. Registered users of Ableton Live 8 or Suite 8 can download Retro Synths free of charge. In addition, purchasers of Ableton Live 8, Suite 8 or any relevant upgrade before October 31, 2011, will also receive Retro Synths for free.

For further details, video/ audio demos, as well as a download link: ableton.com/free-retro-synths

ABOUT RETRO SYNTHS
Retro Synths contains more than 4000 samples of legendary synthesizers from the past three decades, intricately multi-sampled and completely integrated into Ableton Live. The selection includes Minimoog basses, acid lines from the Roland TB-303, phase distortion sounds from the Casio CZ-series and many more. Every preset is immediately playable and can be extensively customized using the flexible Macro controls.

The latest free update gives Retro Synths two new soundsets: “Modular Patterns” contains basses, resonant leads, as well as further sounds and phrases from a classic analogue modular system; “Opus” explores the lush string, brass and organ sounds of the Moog Opus 3.
new version does this fix the automap problem?
"Plugin Delay compensation -PDC WARNING - Ableton Live 9 does not sequence all information correctly in time"
The bigger the project the more out of time it will be.

RD444

Post by RD444 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:11 pm

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 24#4662724

i started a post on KVR

and submitted a customer review on KVR
Amazon next then Digital village

I am outraged now
"Plugin Delay compensation -PDC WARNING - Ableton Live 9 does not sequence all information correctly in time"

RD444

Post by RD444 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:43 pm

if i down grade to 8.1.3 from 8.2.2 will my 8.2.2 projects open?

Electromorphic

Post by Electromorphic » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:52 pm

I find this quite annoying as well. Please Ableton, you have got to get on this. I have had about $500 of novation gear sitting useless on my desk because your marketing team lied to me and told me that ableton supports automap. That is false advertising. I wouldn't have bought the novation stuff in the first place had you not put up a big post on your website claiming that live now supports novation automap. That's just flat out untrue. Automap is almost completely useless in Ableton.

Electromorphic

Post by Electromorphic » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:58 pm

Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 5:56 AM

thanks for getting back!

I've tested this issue with a Novation Nocturn and can indeed reproduce it. It seems that VST plug-ins are affected only and that the problem has been introduced between Live 8.1.3 and Live 8.1.4.

I will file a bug for our development.

Best Regards and thank for reporting this issue,

Marian Kalus
Ableton Technical Support

Well guys? What happened?

w1nt3rmut3

Post by w1nt3rmut3 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:56 am

Just for future reference, here's another example where somebody reported and clearly documented this problem: http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=163240

twisted-space

Post by twisted-space » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:51 pm

Another quick bump.
I've got Novation looking into this now, but they are unable to replicate it.
If you are suffering this problem please contact both novation and ableton tech support. Hopefully we can get them onto it if enough people complain.

support@ableton.com
support@focusrite.com

TabSel

Post by TabSel » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:19 am

I filed a support ticket.

Does anybody have any news on this? It's been a while...

RD444

Post by RD444 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:26 am

simple as this:

• Live 8.1.3 was released on Apr.23, 2010 (http://en.vstlife.com/?p=1583)
  • The problem started then.
  • as from today nearly the end of feb 2012
  • 1 year 10 months ago!
  • Must be pretty easy to fix the AUTOMAP problem
  • Must be pretty easy to get Live 9 from loads of different places when it comes out.
  • Let Ableton help you make that decision.
  • Let it be out of your hands

twisted-space

Post by twisted-space » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:39 pm

Marian Kalus wrote: I'm sorry to tell you that due to a lack of resources we weren't able to fix the Automap automation recording issue, so far. But our development will look into this problem.
Recieved today, in response to an email I sent to support in october last year.

So much for Gerhards quality statement. That promise was quickly forgotten.

RD444

Post by RD444 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:32 pm

Sold my nocturn 2 days ago. Lol.

This post prompted me to

Live "is what it is", I have to accept that.

I need to ignore the un-fixable problems.

if you care about music, write music.

If you care about Ableton, remember they don't care about you!

twisted-space

Post by twisted-space » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:27 pm

I've tested this on a bunch of machines now.

My laptop, win 7 x64 live 8.2.8 automap 4.3

My desktop, same.

On my desktop, a spare drive installed with a clean, fresh win7 x86, automap 4.3 and live 8 demo (no other software installed other that that needed to run the system and test the issue)

My partners desktop win 7 x86, automap 4.3 and live 8 demo.

My partners work laptop win xp x86, automap 4.3 and live 8 demo.

I can reprodue the problem on evey install, RD444 can reproduce the problem, wint3rmute can reproduce the problem, even Ableton can, though they won't or can't spare the resources to fix it, thanks for the worthless bullshit promise Gerhard.
Gerhard wrote:"Dear Ableton users,

Some of you have experienced and reported problems with Live 8 several months ago that we have still failed to fix. This is both painful and necessary for us to discuss. We owe you sincere apologies, as well as an explanation and outlook for the future.

Ableton values quality over innovation. Our engineers will stop whatever they are doing to fix a bug when they become aware of it. They must, however, rely on a process that prepares the incoming information and funnels it to them appropriately. Establishing and maintaining this process is the responsibility of management -- particularly us, Bernd and Gerhard -- and this is where things have gone wrong while we let our attention divert to ambitious new projects.

Our apologies also extend to both the Ableton developers and tech support colleagues because they want to be proud of software and service that users love.

We have now decided to:

• suspend all development towards new features while the whole team joins forces to address the current issues. This effort is open ended and will result in a free Live 8 update;

make process changes to prevent similar situations from happening in the future.

We hope this plan finds your understanding and agreement. We'd like to wish you a very happy holiday season and a wonderful 2010!

Gerhard Behles, CEO
Bernd Roggendorf, CTO"
See:
http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1048729

Guess what, it's happening again! This has been going on since Live 8.1.3. Ableton know about it and confirm it's an issue. Why don't they have sufficient resources to fix it.
Marian Kalus wrote: Hi John.
I'm sorry to tell you that due to a lack of resources we weren't able to fix the Automap automation recording issue, so far. But our development will look into this problem.

Best regards,

Marian Kalus
Ableton Technical Support
When Marian, are you going to look into it, it's been going on for almost 2 fucking years now!

Oh and why can't Novation reproduce the problem? What amazing machines are they testing it on, 'cos I cant find one that works.

At this point I'm seriously thinking of cutting my losses and dumping the whole fucking lot on ebay.