TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
rabouille

Re: TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Post by rabouille » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:39 pm

ddr400 wrote:It always happens with Virus Control and Sylenth1 because i have been using them a lot. I've tested some plugins:
audiodamage dubstation - now ok but i remember it happens with it.
audiodamage richochet - got delay
audiodamage bigseq - got delay
fxpansion guru - ok
NI Battery3 and Kontakt4 - ok

I've tried on:
macbook pro 10.5.8 with ad-hoc, ios 4.3.3, live 8.2.1 and 8.2.2
mac pro 10.6.8 (now 10.6.2) with connect via wifi router, live 8.2.1, .2, .5
Enabling/Disabling bluetooth doesn't make sense. Firewall is off. In preferences i've enable only touchable and have no other control surfaces. If i quit from touchable app on ipad then problem is gone.
I can make tdpdump if you need this for debugging :)
thank you very much for your detailed report!
if sometimes you can get the version of each vst, that would be great as well :)

Users, if you have got some issue with vst, please make a report here or better: support@touch-able.com

Thanks again

ddr400

Post by ddr400 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:09 am

Hi!

I've read manual for XY and didn't find information how to setup XY section for returning dots to their start position or 0,0 after release it. Is it possible to do this without using snapshots? Just like korg kaoss pad?

Thanks!

rabouille

Post by rabouille » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:37 am

ddr400 wrote:Hi!

I've read manual for XY and didn't find information how to setup XY section for returning dots to their start position or 0,0 after release it. Is it possible to do this without using snapshots? Just like korg kaoss pad?

Thanks!
Use the Z control to trigger device or parameter ON/off,
or use gravity to get back the dot on start position (configure left bottom corner and set appropriate gravity)

skulpture

Post by skulpture » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:28 pm

kooperativ wrote: If people are interested we can copy the received messages to another port to enable you to listen to them while running touchAble. Any thoughts / wishes on this?
I would love to be able to do this! I am trying to do it now! haha

23kon

Post by 23kon » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:45 pm

Rabouille,

It's been a while since i've used ableton and touch-able and been on here as i've been so busy with work.
Just thought i'd touch base again.

Are you guys still planning on creating a TouchOSC style editor so we can create page(s) of knobs/sliders etc from various instruments/vst/effects/vol etc that we can have on the screen at the one time in a future version of TouchAble?

Are we going to see a clip editor in a future version? :)

frandoc

Post by frandoc » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:37 pm

Hi there,

I like Touchable very much but I can't launch clips because when I do it from my ipad, the clip is played looping on 1 BAR. If I change the lenght of the loop on the Ipad, I see the cursors moving but the clip is still played only on 1 BAR. If I launch that clip directly from the computer, it works fine ! It's crazy !

I try with a new set, and it's the same bug ...

I check the preferences, and everything seems to be ok ...

my configuration : live 8,2,6 and Ipad 2

Any idea ?

Thanks for your reply.

rabouille

Post by rabouille » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:21 pm

frandoc wrote:Hi there,

I like Touchable very much but I can't launch clips because when I do it from my ipad, the clip is played looping on 1 BAR. If I change the lenght of the loop on the Ipad, I see the cursors moving but the clip is still played only on 1 BAR. If I launch that clip directly from the computer, it works fine ! It's crazy !

Any idea ?

Thanks for your reply.
really weird...is "one tap recording" option selected in settings menu? if yes, can you try without?

frandoc

Post by frandoc » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:59 pm

rabouille wrote:
frandoc wrote:Hi there,

Any idea ?

Thanks for your reply.
really weird...is "one tap recording" option selected in settings menu? if yes, can you try without?
I just try with the "one tap recording" option , but nothing changes. I try to record an audio clip thru touchable, and it seems to the same thing : the recording stops after 1 bar and starts to play the clip.

bizarre, bizarre ...

-----

I just found the solution : in live's preferences, if I select the "touchable script 1 input" ON, it works fine. May be the screenshot on http://touch-able.com/Site/Setup-Guide_Mac_fr.html (the setup guide) should be changed ?

Thanks for this very cool app !

rabouille

Post by rabouille » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:32 am

frandoc wrote:
I just found the solution : in live's preferences, if I select the "touchable script 1 input" ON, it works fine. May be the screenshot on http://touch-able.com/Site/Setup-Guide_Mac_fr.html (the setup guide) should be changed ?

Thanks for this very cool app !
It maybe works but it doesn't make sense...
Do you run other controllers with touchAble? Which ones?

Lee Sullivan

Post by Lee Sullivan » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:45 pm

Skulpture

I think I have the work around for you. See you at work.

Cheers

Lee
Ableton Certified Trainer
Apple Certified Trainer
MBP 2.8 4GB Mac OSX 10.6 Live 8.1.5 M4L APC40

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:21 pm

Hi! Im a new customer 8)

Question: I have some problems connecting Touchable to the ad hoc network.
It works fine "out of the box" on the normal wifi. For the ad hoc, I followed your guide exactly. But it does not comunicate with Live at all. If I close the ad hoc and re-connect to the wifi, it works again.

So I also just purchased Griid Pro and Air Display, and I ran a little test:
Both connected perfectly fine to the ad hoc network I created for Touchable. However, Griid needed the PC to reconnect to the ac hoc net. The same didnt help with Touchable.

Win XP sp3, iPad2, latest version of all software.

Any clues?

rabouille

Post by rabouille » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:19 pm

ze2be wrote:Hi! Im a new customer 8)

Question: I have some problems connecting Touchable to the ad hoc network.
It works fine "out of the box" on the normal wifi. For the ad hoc, I followed your guide exactly. But it does not comunicate with Live at all. If I close the ad hoc and re-connect to the wifi, it works again.

So I also just purchased Griid Pro and Air Display, and I ran a little test:
Both connected perfectly fine to the ad hoc network I created for Touchable. However, Griid needed the PC to reconnect to the ac hoc net. The same didnt help with Touchable.

Win XP sp3, iPad2, latest version of all software.

Any clues?
Hi,
please contact our support support@touch-able.com, with detailed infos and screenshots of your tcp/ip configuration, and we'll have a look :)

mousetrapreplica

Post by mousetrapreplica » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:09 am

Hello Touch-able folks.

I work for a major performing arts centre, and I'd like to create a public music making area in one of our public spaces, that uses multiple iPad's to control a PC laptop running Ableton.

How many iPad's can be synced to Live at one time?

Also, can the Touch-able interface be customised in a way that will be simple enough for the first time user to control, and will it have labelling options? I figure that you would create this app to control Live in every way possible, however for our purposes it would be great to limit the amount of options on the interface, as it risks a non-musician/non-techy person to get lost and overwhelmed in the many options of what will be a large and complicated Ableton session.

Let me know what you think!

Cheers

yop44

Post by yop44 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:46 pm

Hi,

when i create a midi track or ungroup some tracks my Touchable crashes :roll:
Is there a solution to this problem?

P.S. I use Live 8.3 on Mac Os X
My music : Soundcloud

madlab

Post by madlab » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:32 pm

mousetrapreplica wrote:Hello Touch-able folks.

I work for a major performing arts centre, and I'd like to create a public music making area in one of our public spaces, that uses multiple iPad's to control a PC laptop running Ableton.

How many iPad's can be synced to Live at one time?

Also, can the Touch-able interface be customised in a way that will be simple enough for the first time user to control, and will it have labelling options? I figure that you would create this app to control Live in every way possible, however for our purposes it would be great to limit the amount of options on the interface, as it risks a non-musician/non-techy person to get lost and overwhelmed in the many options of what will be a large and complicated Ableton session.

Let me know what you think!

Cheers
Don't intend to hijack this thread and the really supportive guys at touchable but have you considered using touchosc and its editor to tailor the interface to what you really need ?
Aboard from V. 1
MBP M1 Pro 2021 - 16 Go RAM - Monterey 12.6.3
MBP 2.5 Ghz I7 16 Go SSD OSX 10.14
iPad + Mira+ TouchOsc
RME FF UC Live 11.3.21 M4L Max 8
Band : https://elastocat.org/
Madlab sound unit / objects, guitar, electronics / end_of_transmission