101 Impacts & Explosions

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Toby Emerson

101 Impacts & Explosions

Post by Toby Emerson » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:28 pm

Damon_Chambers

Re: 101 Impacts & Explosions

Post by Damon_Chambers » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:33 pm

spamerrific!

Toby Emerson

Post by Toby Emerson » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:48 pm

forgive me for posting a link to some useful music production tools on a board filled with MUSIC PRODUCERS. its not like i'm posting links to magical penile enlargement techniques... geez

Press Enter

Post by Press Enter » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:51 am

KVR is thatta way :arrow:

Toby Emerson

Post by Toby Emerson » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:05 am

yes but the ableton users hang out here :P

mholloway

Post by mholloway » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:08 am

if it 'aint for free then you're just dropping ads into the forum. but go ahead, act all shocked & entitled when someone calls it what it is.

-M
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

Toby Emerson

Post by Toby Emerson » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:28 am

until I can afford taking out ads on KVR and other websites which can be quite expensive, posting a message to various forums filled with music producers is the best way for me to get the word out. this particular pack is not free although there are a ton of free samples and tutorials on that site that are pretty useful as well. i'm sure a lot of people here would be interested and have a lot of use for a sample pack like this that might not have heard about it otherwise, so how is bringing it to attention here a bad thing? if you are not interested, ignore it and move on.

spammers might post a link to something not really relevant and then disappear, but I am here to answer any questions that someone might have about it if they are thinking of purchasing it.

luko79

Post by luko79 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:35 am

mholloway wrote:if it 'aint for free then you're just dropping ads into the forum. but go ahead, act all shocked & entitled when someone calls it what it is.

-M
:wink:

Toby Emerson

Post by Toby Emerson » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:40 am

if it 'aint for free then you're just dropping ads into the forum. but go ahead, act all shocked & entitled when someone calls it what it is.

-M
btw, not sure about you but I consider spamming and dropping a relevant ad two different things but maybe not everybody does.

Press Enter

Post by Press Enter » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:45 am

Toby Emerson wrote:posting a message to various forums filled with music producers is the best way for me to get the word out.
textbook spamming right there.

KVR is the place for this kind of thing, and I don't mean taking out banner ads. The forum section has an area dedicated to commercial sample libraries. But you must surely know that already, not sure why you're playing coy.

Anyway, your product sucks so this is all academic.

Toby Emerson

Post by Toby Emerson » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:56 am

Anyway, your product sucks so this is all academic.
care to elaborate? surely you must've bought it to know that it sucks.
KVR is the place for this kind of thing, and I don't mean taking out banner ads. The forum section has an area dedicated to commercial sample libraries. But you must surely know that already, not sure why you're playing coy.
already posted to the sound library section to KVR thanks, but that can only get you so far. I was looking for a similar section here - almost posted in the "FOR SALE" section here but it seemed like that was more for 2nd hand gear and software and that it would be more relevant here, maybe it would be best if this thread was moved there?
textbook spamming right there.
wont argue with you as to what you consider spamming, but I for one sometimes find about great products sometimes this way. for example I saw a forum post a while ago advertising some twisted tools reaktor ensembles which I had not heard about before. they turned out to be amazing tools which i purchased and have been making my life much easier and I am quite glad I saw that post.

matthews

Post by matthews » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:21 am

It's shameless promotion, and it's frowned upon here. Its no different then someone coming on here and making a thread asking us to "like" their facebook page. I'm sure the product itself is a great tool, but thats really not the point.

What if every vst or library maker posted a new thread for their product? This forum would be nothing but promotion. Maybe Ableton needs a product promotion section, but until then, lets try and refrain from these types of threads in the Music and Production section.

Toby Emerson

Post by Toby Emerson » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:36 am

I have seen on other forums a "shameless self promotion" section which would work perfect for situations like this, too bad there isn't one here (link your music is similar but not the same). I didn't see anything in the forum guidelines about not posting stuff like this so if there is a rule to not post stuff like this written somewhere I'd be glad to take it down.

btw if anybody has some other great suggestions of free easy ways to get the word out on things like this I am all ears as sound design is a good part of my living and getting the word out on new products is an important part of that process. I haven't seen anything really constructive though.

so far I have this:

- create youtube videos showcasing the product
- post to relevant forums (which apparently people don't take to kindly to 'round these parts yeehaw)
- update social media feeds
- else?

matthews

Post by matthews » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:41 am

Your right, no rule against it, it's just frowned upon, so don't expect it to be well received.

In regards to your libraries, I actually think they're decently well known. I know I've stumbled upon them from time to time, and I don't actively seek out sample libraries.

Like anything, let the work speak for itself and grow your reputation organically. If it's good quality stuff, you'll gain a following over time, nothing comes quickly in this business.

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:19 am

matthews wrote:It's shameless promotion, and it's frowned upon here. .
I didn't know it was frowned upon.... I thought it was pretty normal.