Germans Protesting Pope Visit

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
regretfullySaid

Germans Protesting Pope Visit

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:54 pm

I love it. Wish we had more of that in the States:/
ImageImage

LoopStationZebra

Re: Germans Protesting Pope Visit

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:02 pm

Godless Heathens.

I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:26 pm

I’d say on the ranking charts of things activists protest the pope has to be pretty damn close to the bottom if you’re hoping for some kind of point or result. Maybe it’s some kind of noob training ground for a later protest with an actual purpose.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:29 pm

I was hoping for Du Hast to be blaring from the procession while hundreds of beach balls are volleyed around.
ImageImage

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:35 pm

I like the signs. As far as purpose, on this issue, it's a start. It seems like "keep your head in the sand" with that issue in the states (other than the unspoken eyerolling agreement), and this not having to do with the growing outspoken atheist movement, which isn't the issue I was aiming for here.

Protesting the merging of church and state, their non-chalant disregard of handling their pedophile "men of the cloth" and his stubborn stance of non-progression (having female priests, divorced priests, condoms) doesn't seem like a low form of protest imo. Then there's the whole "I don't buy your fairy-tale bullshit and I'm tired of keeping it a secret for fear of being judged" crowd as well.
Last edited by regretfullySaid on Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:27 am, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImage

mbird21

Post by mbird21 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:39 pm

I had to go through catholic school all way through till 5 years ago, and i have no respect for him or the church in general, pope could never visit here again ever and id be a happy guy :lol:
Alex!

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:11 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

The Popes are coming to get you.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:17 am

LoopStationZebra wrote:ImageImageImageImageImageImage

The Popes are coming to get you.
These popes are definitely fakes- way too friendly looking and handsome when compared to Herr Ratzinger

simpleton

Post by simpleton » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:10 am

Is the Pope German? :?
The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.

tdaeik

Post by tdaeik » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:38 am

that whole thing reminds me of another pointy hatted cult, with red and black insignias.

mbird21

Post by mbird21 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:26 am

simpleton wrote:Is the Pope German? :?
Nah but he was part of the hilter youth be it very early and without choice, and vatican have alot to answer for about that but thats not for a place for like this, best left in the past with all the rest of the nut cases from history :lol:
Alex!

ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:27 am

Sorry for the youtube link but it is good, Doug Stanhope on the Pope Nazi connection

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPmyry0yaQE

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:48 am

mbird21 wrote: Nah but he was part of the hilter youth be it very early and without choice,
???? There is always choice (specially he was a teenager not a child when he joined Hitlerjugend ).... and any time any place is right to remind, reveal inconvenient truth. BTW. Interesting comment of a German journalist when Papa Ratzi was elected and his Nazi past exposed - " I am less worried about Ratzingers past then the future..." and indeed right he was. Actually those church haters should be happy, Ratzi is the worst thing could happen to catholic church, might be final nail into the coffin of this outdated enterprise.

mbird21

Post by mbird21 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:53 am

rikhyray wrote:
mbird21 wrote: Nah but he was part of the hilter youth be it very early and without choice,
???? There is always choice (specially he was a teenager not a child when he joined Hitlerjugend ).... and any time any place is right to remind, reveal inconvenient truth. BTW. Interesting comment of a German journalist when Papa Ratzi was elected and his Nazi past exposed - " I am less worried about Ratzingers past then the future..." and indeed right he was. Actually those church haters should be happy, Ratzi is the worst thing could happen to catholic church, might be final nail into the coffin of this outdated enterprise.
Im saying what they say, i never said i agreed with it. Agree though with your whole point though 100%.
Alex!

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:22 pm

rikhyray wrote:

Unless you're North Korean I don't think you can claim you know what it's like to live under Hitler and the Nazis in a fairly choiceless and brainwashed society. It's very easy to sit back and claim you'd risk imprisonment, torture, or death over your personal beliefs and principles when that's not even a slight possibility.

And this being the worst pope :roll: At worst he's kept the same agenda as the previous pope. If he starts launching crusades that kills thousands in it's path on direct orders then my needle might slide from status quo to worst.