Are there female posters on this forum?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
memes_33

Re: Are there female posters on this forum?

Post by memes_33 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:51 pm

i will post a picture of my wang so everyone feels equally represented. i'll warn you now, though, that my genital warts are flaring up, so things aren't going to be pretty.
Hip-Hop, Breakbeat, Glitch, IDM, Dub, & Mashups! Go to:
http://memes.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundcloud.com/memes_33

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:18 pm

boobs.
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:06 pm

nathannn wrote:boobs.
nathannn that post is offensive to someone somewhere and therefore must be taken back.

too bad i quoted it so that will never happen :twisted:

so let me get this straight.... somebody put a picture of cleavage up in a post and now someone else is asking the female posters to identify themselves??
you're a crafty one Felonius, but you won't get chicks this way.

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:55 am

gjm wrote: Without a doubt this goes on. But as women continue to rush into trying to 'play the game like men' they are also mimicking the same attitudes as men towards alcohol, relationships, infidelity etc to the point where researchers are noticing these societal changes. Currently we have a Rugby world cup going on and the other day a fine specimen of a player had to change his shirt during the game as it had been significantly torn after a tackle. The facebook natter after this on field event among women in the 20-40 ish age group making marriage proposals and comments about his 'guns' being yum yum was significant.
yes but you do live in NZ... :D

regarding the OP - I took a friend once to an Ableton demo in Melbourne and she was one of the only women there. Her face lit up when she realised that it wasn't what at all what she expected and that 'music nerds' are way cooler than regular nerds.

It's just a sad reality that this industry is highly dominated by males.... or at least most of the females don't tend to hang around internet forums as much. In fact I'd go so far as to say internet forums in general are a much more male thing. It seems to be totally alien to most of the women I know. They have real lives.

It's no excuse for the behaviour though - it's still a public place.

kev herb

Post by kev herb » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:34 am

Its definitely a sausage fest around here :)
Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia- Fear of long words

Khazul

Post by Khazul » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:06 pm

beats me wrote:I don’t think men objectifying women sexually is equal to women objectifying men sexually. It’s like a minority (for lack of a better word) trying to come up with derogatory terms for white males. They can be as creative as they want and for the most part we don’t give a shit and are unhurt. Have at it.

I think a more equal comparison would be women objectifying men financially.

“What she’s got that I don’t?” “A nice rack and a tight body” = “What he’s got that I don’t?” “A lake front mansion and personal jet”.
Nailed it perfectly!
Nothing to see here - move along!

7redBl@dder

Post by 7redBl@dder » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:44 pm

Does anyone bother to make music these days?