Remote Script for Novation Nocturn and Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Dean Corrie

Re: New Remote Script for Novation Nocturn and Live 8

Post by Dean Corrie » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:14 am

When I load a blank template of Live with Automap 4, the dials under tab User (Scene, track etc) and Tempo (Mixer tab) all state being at 64, but are illuminated around 10 o'clock. With Automap 3 these were all at 12 o'clock.
All these dials crash Automap 4.
If I change the mode (under Range tab at bottom of Automap GUI) for each dial setting, from Increment/Decrement to Normal = No Crash!!! :D

I have to reload each template after every crash.
I have always had all 4 templates for this script under the Mixer tab (suits my workflow) with no problems, and seems to work with Automap 4 too.

Cheers,
Dean

Dean Corrie

Post by Dean Corrie » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:00 pm

Increment/Decrement issue fixed in Automap 4.1b8

Script works perfect now :D (so far anyway)

http://beta.novationmusic.com/

Cheers,
Dean

monsieurpetit

Post by monsieurpetit » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:34 pm

I used this script successful with Ableton 8.2.1 and Automap 3.7.

Since Automap 3.7.4 and also with the acutal Version Automap 4.4.1, the script works not like befor. For example: the Start and Stop Button for Ableton (second and third one on the first userpage) doesen't react like befor - after pressing start button and then pressing stop button the start button is still flashing.

Is there someone with the same problem?

Is there someone with a solution?

dengelman

Post by dengelman » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:55 pm

After all the difficulties I have had getting this working, I am very reluctant to upgrade to Automap 4.

My HDD crashed last week so I have just installed 3.7.4 Pro. Seems OK but haven't specifically checked the issue described my mrpetit.

It would be helpful if other users could post their experiences using newer versions of Automap. Thanks.

stevewhite99

Post by stevewhite99 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:49 pm

Hello

I had a great time back in the summer using the remote script with my Nocturn, but after some time away I tried again to set it up (lost mappings... long story) - I've been struggling for a while tonight, but just hit EUREKA, so thought I'd post the vital step to success that I'd been missing. (Automap 3.74 with Live 8.2.1)

When mapping the presets to channels 1-4, mixer should be on CH1, then inst on CH2, fx on CH3 and user on CH4.

Apologies if this repeats previous posts, but I know I'll appreciate finding it myself next time I have a memory lapse.

Also, just using the supplied remote mappings you only need to select 'nocturn' and 'automap midi' in the control surface section of the Live preferences, but if you add your own additional mappings (ie I added a page to 'fx' then midi learnt in Live) then you need to activate the remote buttons on the midi port in and out in Live preferences.

Download link to mappings with instructions is on page 13 of this thread.

One last repeat is that these mappings really do transform the Nocturn into a superb controller for Live, many thanks to their creator for making them available and shame on Novation for not doing it in the first place (or any time since).

superbeaugosse

Post by superbeaugosse » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:48 pm

Hi everybody

I'am using this amazing script and I find it very usefull !!

However I would have a question : can anybody told me how to program the script to see whitch scene is playing, for example if scene #3 is playing, the button #3 is red and the others are turned off ? And is it possible that if I push the button #4 to launch the scene #4, the button #4 will flash until the scene # is playing and then will be red ?

Do you see what I mean ? Is there a way to do that ?

Thanks you!

astartes72

Post by astartes72 » Sun May 06, 2012 7:10 pm

As i´m not a programmer......
could somebody modify the script that the Trackselection from the FX Page appears also on the Mixerpage..... or even better... integrate the rectangle in the script (if thats possible)

Thanks in advance

superbeaugosse

Post by superbeaugosse » Mon May 07, 2012 11:35 am

Or anybody could post a link (or several links) to tutorial or explanation of how to program a mid script in Python please ?
Where did you learn to program scripts ?
Thanks

SBG

carrieres

Post by carrieres » Mon May 07, 2012 11:45 am

Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1 and MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad PRO
Intel i7-7700HQ, Windows 10, Ableton Live 10 Suite
http://soundcloud.com/ccarrieres

superbeaugosse

Post by superbeaugosse » Mon May 07, 2012 11:53 am

Thanks you !! =D

Destroid

Post by Destroid » Thu May 10, 2012 8:55 pm

Having serious trouble getting a script to work with Ableton? Can someone please help?

marcoskohler

Post by marcoskohler » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:06 pm

bump any luck with this?

irrelevance

Post by irrelevance » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:28 pm

Thank you guille script is great but you knew that ;)
Had no problems placing files and get up and running on os x 10.6.8 and live 8.27. Automap 4.6 Initially didn't work on my win xp machine.However I did find a solution to my problem.

Win xp sp3
Live 8.27
Automap 4.6

I found after placing files into c:\\program files\ableton..etc that live didn't recognise nocturn script. I right clicked the ableton program shortcut and went to properties and then find target. Turns out I was actually running a previous install of live version 8 and not the current 8.27. This version was also installed in c:\\documents and settings\all users. So for those on win machines having problems look out for old versions of live and check which version you are actually running.

störgeräusche

Post by störgeräusche » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:45 pm

i have all the files, feel free to PM me, but don't forget to be nice to me :D
soundcloud
website

Live Suite 9 - Komplete 9 - Waldorf Largo & Edition - Elektron Analog Rytm - Push 1&2- Launch Control & XL -
Adam P33A