The tropic of cancer

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
simpleton

The tropic of cancer

Post by simpleton » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:04 pm

Anybody read that?
The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.

eddiex

Re: The tropic of cancer

Post by eddiex » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:34 pm

by henry miller? i read it a few years back...its a pretty crazy book, i remember there was a lot of sex, a lot of booze, a lot of poverty and bedbugs......
then he would sneak in some writing that was so powerful that it would shake your soul
cloud>https://soundcloud.com/eddiexdarko
i love you,please don't die.

gaijin1717

Post by gaijin1717 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:37 pm

Good book.

simpleton

Post by simpleton » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:22 pm

eddiex wrote:by henry miller? i read it a few years back...its a pretty crazy book, i remember there was a lot of sex, a lot of booze, a lot of poverty and bedbugs......
Sex and bedbugs, might have to look into that.
The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.

mbird21

Post by mbird21 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:14 pm

Never heard of it till you said it, its pretty old book isint it 30's it says, sounds like a classic according to reviews ive read on there, think ill check if they have it in libary cause they have lots of old shit going on there, thanks for recommendation!, Always want new stuff to read, last book i read outside uni music theory shite was a old book called Soldier X.

I got it from some book store on amazon and is one of the pocket size books handy for the long train trips, and enjoyed that set from the enemies point of view in ww2, purely fiction but still alot of facts he used in the story too, anyway if you ever fancy a short read give it a whirl.
Alex!

Big V

Post by Big V » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:44 pm

Love it! Awesome book! There's a movie called Henry & June wherin Miller's liaison with Anaïs Nin is portrayed. If you dig shit like this you must check out the photography of Brassaï, too! Excellent stuff!
jazz is a woman's tongue in your mouth
cool, licking you slowly, revolving around
inside your cheeks.
letting you know who's come to visit.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:21 pm

I picked up Black Spring from the library because of this thread.

I'm loving it. Besides the flashes of brilliance in between the more earthly observations of life around him, it has a timeless relevance about people and life in general. The insights resonate a lot.
I'll definitely be getting Cancer and Capricorn after this.
Now, if one of the lovelies on the train sat next to me with one of Nin's Love Tales books, that would be wicked.
ImageImage