Rugby World Cup

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
8O

Rugby World Cup

Post by 8O » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:48 pm

Anyone here watching too?

Just watched the All Blacks (TM) take France apart... (gulp) Haven't seen any team to come close to challenge the ABs so far, but I get the feeling I think this every world cup, then something happens...

Davo

Re: Rugby World Cup

Post by Davo » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:38 pm

At Belushi's?

8O

Post by 8O » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:46 pm

Usually at Santa Maria on Oranienstr - can recommend it - good atmosphere considering that the games are on at unholy hours in the morning... You in Berlin atm, Davo?

gjm

Post by gjm » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:21 pm

8O wrote:Anyone here watching too?
Usually not a big rugby fan but since its happening on my back step :D
8O wrote:Just watched the All Blacks (TM) take France apart... (gulp)
Interesting game in that the French looked to always be 5m off the pace. When they got the intercept to score their first try they raised the intensity for a few minutes but that was it... Although not a 'B' side, they did not really field their strongest team so I was left feeling that it wasn't really the acid test for the AB's.
8O wrote:Haven't seen any team to come close to challenge the ABs so far, but I get the feeling I think this every world cup, then something happens...
So far from the pool matches I think South Africa are the team to beat. I think the AB's have a deeper skill base spread across the team but RSA is a very physical side with discipline and they play well for the full 80 min. If there is anything that will shake the AB's game (at this early point on the tournament) it will be having the keep the Bok's physically contained. The AB's had quite a few missed tackles last night on the French. The Bok's will make you pay for that sort of thing.
iMac - 10.10.3 - Live 9 Suite - APC40 - Axiom 61 - TX81z - Firestudio Mobile - Focal Alpha 80's - Godin Session - Home made foot controller

8O

Post by 8O » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:41 pm

Yeah, our (Wales') first game against RSA was that - think you've got them sorted and then it's as if they choose to step on the pedal and just add enough physicality to get the winning score. The RSA-Wales game was (apart from the result) the best to watch so far I thought...

Looking forward to an AB-RSA clash, definitely... at the moment I would put my Krugerrands on the ABs though...

Here's a thing though: whenever I see the ABs play all I can see is constant pushing of the rules to the limit (my NZ friends deny it's actually cheating :wink: ). Like today, constant taking out of players off the ball, that elbow which was definitely with intent, and constant obstruction... it's frustrating to watch 'cos the ABs are so good, they really don't need to do it... How do you NZers see it?

Oh, and what's the atmosphere like there in NZ? Lots of fans come over for it?

gjm

Post by gjm » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:29 pm

8O wrote:Looking forward to an AB-RSA clash, definitely... at the moment I would put my Krugerrands on the ABs though...
Yeah, I am leaning this way as well... BUT its the Bok's kicking game that the AB's don't have. Take a penalty on the half way line and you are 3points down... which leads me to...
8O wrote:Here's a thing though: whenever I see the ABs play all I can see is constant pushing of the rules to the limit (my NZ friends deny it's actually cheating :wink: ). Like today, constant taking out of players off the ball, that elbow which was definitely with intent, and constant obstruction... it's frustrating to watch 'cos the ABs are so good, they really don't need to do it...
The ref's are aware of the so called pushing the limit/cheating accusations and as you saw last night they are not afraid to blow the whistle. Those accusations are mostly leveled at Ritchie McCaw, but what do you expect with a man who basically has the perfect game... every game... Aanywaaaay... McCaw was penalized a couple of times as was Thompson and a couple of others.

That elbow was a bit different I think. That kind of blatant thing is not usually a part of the AB's game. The AB's will do what every other team does though and that is to pay attention to the off ball side of the game. I think it just goes without saying that they are a pretty complete side.
8O wrote:How do you NZers see it?
We do not see it as cheating. We see it as grasping straws :mrgreen:
8O wrote:Oh, and what's the atmosphere like there in NZ? Lots of fans come over for it?
Yeah its pretty big... I am 30min from one of the stadiums but kind of used to these sort of things taking place. Decided though to stay away from the city (Auckland) though as its pretty mad there.

On a musical note, my wife was convinced that last night she saw an ad saying that Pitch Black was playing at the after game festivities at the Auckland Party central. Whether it was Paddy or not I am not sure... maybe he will confirm or deny such allegations with pic's... either way :D
iMac - 10.10.3 - Live 9 Suite - APC40 - Axiom 61 - TX81z - Firestudio Mobile - Focal Alpha 80's - Godin Session - Home made foot controller

8O

Post by 8O » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:02 pm

gjm wrote:On a musical note, my wife was convinced that last night she saw an ad saying that Pitch Black was playing at the after game festivities at the Auckland Party central. Whether it was Paddy or not I am not sure... maybe he will confirm or deny such allegations with pic's... either way :D
:D That's awesome - must be the same Pitch Black! Go Paddy!

Homebelly

Post by Homebelly » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:35 pm

8O wrote: How do you NZers see it?
BRNG BACK THE RUCK!!! :twisted: :twisted:
15" 2.4 MBP/Live/Sampler/Operator/ Home made Dumble clone/Two Strats/One Jazz Bass.
Come and visit any time= Soundcloud

dhilsabeck

Post by dhilsabeck » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:07 am

USA!

USA!

USA!

SCOTLAND!

8O

Post by 8O » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:08 am

Scotland - Argentina's a good game at the moment... if you're not watching already... :)

gjm

Post by gjm » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:47 am

Dang... one point in it. Was pulling for Scotland.

I wonder if Ireland will be the surprise package of the tournament?

8O

Post by 8O » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:07 am

What a match. Stunning try. Now it really sets up England-Scotland - Scotland have to win that one or they're out! And tbh, I don't see it happening... :(

Ireland: hope so, and think they have it in them to do so. If they keep playing like they did against Australia then they can neutralise any opposition... If they win their groups then we're on for an Ireland-NZ final! :D

gjm

Post by gjm » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:06 pm

Has England's Mike Tindall made the news in Europe with his antics? A second bar is claiming film footage.... :lol:

8O

Post by 8O » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:49 am

amigo

Post by amigo » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:55 am

Ireland for the win. :)