Oktopad FOUR - Video & Manual!

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
S4racen

Re: Oktopad TWO & Oktopad TWO Lite (FREE) (Novation Launchpad)

Post by S4racen » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:02 pm

Yes, the phaze invert method is always going to have an imperfect effect, change to using the device in a return with a return that's empty, change all of your audio tracks to sends only and then select that option for Oktopad within the device indicating which is your clean return track with the menu that appears....

Cheers
D

docprosper

Re: Octop4d TWO & Octop4d TWO Lite (FREE) (Novation Launchpad)

Post by docprosper » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:21 pm

docprosper wrote:Darren,
Just tried out 2.4.4. Still seem to have issues with the phase inversion settings, even when resetting the mutes but...
The B-return setting works perfectly! It's awesome to be able to control effects feeds on a track by track basic while rocking the fx, big ups for that!!
-Hamish
Darren,
Just jumped from 2.4.4 to 2.5.6 and the Sends Only / B Return settings don't seem to work properly. I'm using Octop4d in a send channel, with "B-return" selected so that the right round buttons toggle each track's "Send A" and "Send B". In 2.5.6, the "Send B" knobs are no longer toggled. I switched back to 2.4.4 and it worked fine.
-Hamish
Funk N. Furter wrote:Post properly.
Ableton Live Suite | M4L | Powerbook | Launchpad | APC40 | Faderfox | 2x1200 | Xone:96 | ...
---> http://soundcloud.com/kilcraft

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:32 pm

You may have to reset the device as whilst it's showing B Send it may not be reading it, use the little round button next to the Returns menu....

Need to build it all into a template, and will do shortly, everything's coming to fruition at the same time so i've got a bit of juggling to do....

Cheers
D

docprosper

Post by docprosper » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:16 pm

S4racen wrote:You may have to reset the device as whilst it's showing B Send it may not be reading it, use the little round button next to the Returns menu....

Need to build it all into a template, and will do shortly, everything's coming to fruition at the same time so i've got a bit of juggling to do....

Cheers
D
I tried the regular reset button, it doesn't seem to fix it. I don't see another button by the returns menu, what am I missing?
cheers,
Hamish
Ableton Live Suite | M4L | Powerbook | Launchpad | APC40 | Faderfox | 2x1200 | Xone:96 | ...

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:44 am

Sorry forgot i moved it, there two round buttons on the far left hand side, each one is a reset for the relevant menu....

Cheers
D

docprosper

Post by docprosper » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:45 pm

S4racen wrote:Sorry forgot i moved it, there two round buttons on the far left hand side, each one is a reset for the relevant menu....

Cheers
D
Darren,
I tried those, for some reason I still can't get the B-Sends to toggle but the A-Sends do. Have you confirmed that this works in 2.5.6? I went back to 2.4.4 and it works for me; If 2.5.6 works for you perhaps I have some weird system problem?
-Hamish

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:42 pm

Definitely works for me, i'm not at my computer though to test it though....

Cheers
D

docprosper

Post by docprosper » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:23 pm

docprosper wrote:
S4racen wrote:Sorry forgot i moved it, there two round buttons on the far left hand side, each one is a reset for the relevant menu....

Cheers
D
Darren,
I tried those, for some reason I still can't get the B-Sends to toggle but the A-Sends do. Have you confirmed that this works in 2.5.6? I went back to 2.4.4 and it works for me; If 2.5.6 works for you perhaps I have some weird system problem?
-Hamish
Darren,
I just confirmed the problem I'm having with a new Live set- no other M4L devices, fx, etc. I still get no modulation of the track b-send knobs in Octop4d 2.5.6, but do in 2.4.4. This is with the "sends only, b-return" setting and multiple attempts with the reset button.

BTW, I'm running:
Live 8.2.2
Max 5.1.8
MacBook Pro, 10.6.6, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

I looked under the hood of each, it appears that your Redbox patch acts a little differently between the two versions - in 2.5.6 it sets messages for "track return 9", in 2.4.4 it sets messages for "track return 1", which are then used to set a live object. I haven't dug into where these return numbers come from (outside of Redbox) but I expect that you're polling the API somehow for pointers to the track returns. It's hard to dig through your devices with the wires going every which way but I'm trying my best ;)

Any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong?
- hamish

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:51 pm

I'll have to get to it later mate, sorry it's not working for you, have to rollback for now... Bit busy trying to finish of Isotonik then i can return to this, only so many hours in the day....

Cheers
D

docprosper

Post by docprosper » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:45 pm

No worries, I just wish you could see the same issue on your end ( I'd hate to get left behind at 2.4.4). BTW, I swapped your redbox patch from 2.4.4 into 2.5.6 and now it works, so my issue is definitely inside that patch somewhere. I suspect I've screwed up other things by using redbox from an earlier version but thought I'd give it a go for debug's sake.
-hamish

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:59 pm

No that's cool, i'll have a look at doing that myself, maybe something has got stuck in it?

Cheers
D

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:59 pm

Just returned to working on Oktopad, added a new scene allowing you to map the entire clip launch grid to parameters in ABleton, set the values reached with the buttons pressed and released, the time taken to go between each and the colours of the pads...

All of which is completely customisable by the user for creating mega mappings....

We'll be building in a set of default mappings with the LivePack Ready file, so that everything loads directly into your Live library...

Cheers
D

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:30 am

Just building the final Live Pack for the next release...

Sugarsync users who wish to move over to the direct download method (and therefore remove sugarsync as an application from there computers) simply need to send an email of their receipt from Paypal and the address they wish the new download link to be sent to....

Cheers
D

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:06 pm

Now uploaded for subscribers....

Oktopad is now a full LIVEREADY Pack in that upon opening it directly installs into your library preconfigured out of the box....

With many scenes completed we're gonna take a quick break over the weekend to start the full separate manual that complements the user guide within the device itself....

As the device now sits within it's own template all you really need do is add your own audio and get playing!

Hamish, let me know that the new setup works on your system ;-)

Cheers
D

docprosper

Post by docprosper » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:14 pm

S4racen wrote:Hamish, let me know that the new setup works on your system ;-)D
Darren,
will look at in the next few days & get back to you.
-h