Anyone play video games here?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
ian_halsall

Re: Anyone play video games here?

Post by ian_halsall » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:38 pm

I play squash and tennis on the Binatone - awesome.

http://crash.ihug.co.nz/~pinwhiz/pong.jpg

d-track

Post by d-track » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:17 pm

Mostly shmups like Ikaruga, Zero Gunner 2, Border Down, Psyvariar 2 etc
but Ikaruga is definitely the best and also available for Gamecube and xbla.
i highly recommend it to anyohe who wants extreme visuals and ultrahardcore gameplay (2 player coop is a bit easier)

Wizard of Wor is my second fav game best played on MAME or C64.

River Raid for Atari2600 - this is the grandmother (yes programmed by Carol Shaw) of Ikaruga and all vertical shooters

Bomberman is generally recommended on any multiplayer platform but my favorite is the turbografx16 one (5 player multitap) and the Bomberman Online for Dreamcast. best played with 3 friends on a big projector and big high - but no matter how high, never put up a George Michael Faith vinyl thinking this has to be fun... it doesnt go well with bomberman and it will ruin your week.

Metal Slug is also ultrahardcore action fun especially with 2p coop.
Last edited by d-track on Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mbird21

Post by mbird21 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:55 am

Mortal Kombat legendary :)
Alex!

aizo

Post by aizo » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:35 am

Went to the Tokyo Game Show last weekend.

Here are some highlights:

oh and there were some fun games there too. Ninja Gaiden 3, Asura's Wrath, Street Fighter X Tekken, Soul Calibur 5, Halo CE Anniversary, Metal Gear Solid 3 3DS, MGS HD collection, ZOE HD coleection, Call of Duty MW3, Battlefield 3, Need for Speed The Run, and the PS Vita!
ImageImage

mbird21

Post by mbird21 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:52 am

MW3 I cant wait for, my favourite games and call of duties and halos :D

Do they come with the girls too :lol:
Alex!

andydes

Post by andydes » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:28 pm

I just found out about an MMOG in development called Infinity.

First thought is no fucking way!

Apparently it's space based trade and combat sim which will take place in a realistically sized galaxy (Billions of stars), each one with planets and moons you can fly down to. I don't know how this is possible, or how you could play such a game, but it looks nuts.

Technical Demo Vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7eREddM ... ded&fmt=22

http://www.infinity-universe.com

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:39 pm

DARK SOULS!!!!

It comes out today, but I probably won't get it 'til this weekend.

If anyone is looking for a tough game, this is it. You'll die over and over and over and each time you do enemies respawn and you start over from the beginning. It's predecessor Demon's Souls also had it so when you died the levels got progressively harder as well. That's right, if you die, the levels get HARDER!

Great third person RPG, a mix between Diablo and Oblivion. Hit me up on PS3 if any of you get this.
levimoniz wrote:yes i'm a hypocrite and not intelligent

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:07 pm

Demon Souls is the only game that made me wish I had a PS3. :(
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:13 pm

aizo wrote:Went to the Tokyo Game Show last weekend.

Here are some highlights:

oh and there were some fun games there too. Ninja Gaiden 3, Asura's Wrath, Street Fighter X Tekken, Soul Calibur 5, Halo CE Anniversary, Metal Gear Solid 3 3DS, MGS HD collection, ZOE HD coleection, Call of Duty MW3, Battlefield 3, Need for Speed The Run, and the PS Vita!
who gives a crap about games now?
mee fuck em all yes?
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:15 pm

actually i just want the girls in pics 2,4, 6, 7, and 10
its that to much to ask?
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:15 pm

Tarekith wrote:Demon Souls is the only game that made me wish I had a PS3. :(
Dark Souls is on both systems this time. Pick it up, you won't be disappointed. That is if you like disturbingly difficult RPG's that require you to think as opposed to rushing in guns a blazin'...

stringtapper

XBOX 360

Post by stringtapper » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:38 pm

Bear with me here.

The passing of Steve Jobs and reading some posts about MicroSoft have me thinking. I'm an unapologetic Apple fanboy. I'm completely connected through all of my iStuff (I wear an iPod Nano as a watch for God's sake).

BUT

There is one area where I am an unrepentant heretic and that area is the Xbox 360. The reason is that besides being arguably the best of the current gen gaming consoles, with the combination of Xbox Live and their Games on Demand feature MicroSoft has essentially made the 360 what I always wanted: a big iPod for games. Being able to fire up the rig and play games without even getting up to insert a disc is some some awesome shit.

Yes, the Xbox 360 as a total experience is the ONE example where MS has truly excelled and almost reached Apple proportions of design and usability.
Unsound Designer

AceLuby

Re: XBOX 360

Post by AceLuby » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:32 pm

stringtapper wrote:Bear with me here.

The passing of Steve Jobs and reading some posts about MicroSoft have me thinking. I'm an unapologetic Apple fanboy. I'm completely connected through all of my iStuff (I wear an iPod Nano as a watch for God's sake).

BUT

There is one area where I am an unrepentant heretic and that area is the Xbox 360. The reason is that besides being arguably the best of the current gen gaming consoles, with the combination of Xbox Live and their Games on Demand feature MicroSoft has essentially made the 360 what I always wanted: a big iPod for games. Being able to fire up the rig and play games without even getting up to insert a disc is some some awesome shit.

Yes, the Xbox 360 as a total experience is the ONE example where MS has truly excelled and almost reached Apple proportions of design and usability.
I'm not all hip into the whole fanboy console war, but the PSN has this as well.

I just got Dark Souls for PS3 today, so if anyone else got it this week I'd be down for some co-op.

stringtapper

Re: XBOX 360

Post by stringtapper » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:47 pm

AceLuby wrote:
stringtapper wrote:Bear with me here.

BUT

I'm not all hip into the whole fanboy console war, but the PSN has this as well.

I just got Dark Souls for PS3 today, so if anyone else got it this week I'd be down for some co-op.
Yes, but as an owner of both systems I have to say that IMO the Xbox Live experience is pretty superior (even before PSN got hacked). I guess it's just the whole user experience, from the controller to the menu system, etc. that I think is superior with the 360.

The PS3 apparently has superior hardware, but is harder to code for, so most multi-platform games get coded for 360 first and then get ported to PS3, which from what I've read doesn't tap into all of the PS3's power, which results in PS3 versions of games often being rated as poorer than those on the 360.
Unsound Designer

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:38 pm

I quit video games after I grew tired of endless hours of Mario Kart with my girlfriend on an N64 I bought on a whim for my visiting nices & nephews. Literally, the day went like this.....get up in the morning, go to work, come home, eat, play Mario Kart until bedtime....rinse and repeat. Convinced that this game was the Apex and simply couldn't be topped, I quit. Still feel that way.