3 Band EQ on tracks in session view.

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
DJSK

3 Band EQ on tracks in session view.

Post by DJSK » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:32 pm

I know, I know, you can easily just drop a 3 band EQ on your track but I hate that its only visible when you select that particular track. Just small little dials placed beside the track volume would be fine.

kanuck

Re: 3 Band EQ on tracks in session view.

Post by kanuck » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:49 am

my live mixer is cluttered up enough as it is..
3 band eqs aren't that useful.. i only use eq3 when cutting things out. eq8 is much more useful for mixing.

Der_Makrophag

Post by Der_Makrophag » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:25 am

IF this should be implemented, than please give us a button to hide it. And to turn it off of course.
I also use EQ3 very rarely.
My English is not perfect, I know... Sorry about that.

Greetings from Germany!

P.S. to wishlist forum users: Please search for former requests. Otherwise they will be splitted into many small ones and we are loosing impact!!!

DJSK

Post by DJSK » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:46 pm

This feature would probably be most useful to DJs but I still think it would be useful nonetheless. It would just be nice to have a visual cue of what the eq is on multiple tracks at a time without having to select them and view it individually.

sacredgeometry

Post by sacredgeometry » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:10 pm

DJSK wrote:This feature would probably be most useful to DJs but I still think it would be useful nonetheless. It would just be nice to have a visual cue of what the eq is on multiple tracks at a time without having to select them and view it individually.
get M4L make a custom floating gui panel for your track eqs, this is not something I would want cluttering up my mixer either.
Peace + Hugs

Brian

peter181

Post by peter181 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:03 am

Maybe it would be more appealing to be able to display (or hide, of course) macro knobs on each track, rather than tie it to a specific effect.

Der_Makrophag

Post by Der_Makrophag » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:01 am

peter181 wrote:Maybe it would be more appealing to be able to display (or hide, of course) macro knobs on each track, rather than tie it to a specific effect.

Hmm THIS sounds like something to think about! Of course with an option to hide it!
My English is not perfect, I know... Sorry about that.

Greetings from Germany!

P.S. to wishlist forum users: Please search for former requests. Otherwise they will be splitted into many small ones and we are loosing impact!!!

hendrikstudio

Post by hendrikstudio » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:54 pm

+1

please intergrate eq3 or maybe eq5 (sub 0-120hz, lower mid 120-300hz,higher mid 300-2.500hz, highs above 2.500hz)

I need this option very much.. by now you can build sends & give your tracks "send only" and bring it back in a mix out track. In these way it works but you don't get the exact thing like you have without these sends, so its better than nothing but you loose quality & tightness..

so at the end I would love an EQ section in the mixer, but it should have a rotary for every eq section, not a switch.

as long as you can hide like i-o, s|r, M, D should be fine for everyone 8)

Lumix

Post by Lumix » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:13 am

+1

hmm i would say a simple channel EQ like FL, Logic, Cubase have.
just to cut things fast and easy!
The Davile Insaide Teh Mashihne.

hendrikstudio

Post by hendrikstudio » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:48 pm

Hi there,

i did something similar as an audio effect Rack. By now I call it RotaryEQ4.

It looks this way.

Download RotaryEQ4.Adg and save it in your audio Effect Rack browser in your Ableton Library. http://www.mediafire.com/?ddedidtzd2osrgz

So in the End you have 4 EQ3's bound in a Audio Effect rack. Every Makro Rotary you can control ( Sub, Low Mid, Mid, High) has its own EQ3 but only got a specific frequencyrange. So In the and if you turn every Rotary to Full Range you have 0 db at every frequency range, so its like you put the EQ off. You can do it as a test if it works :D.

If you turn a Makro you will put the volume of the specific Frequency range down.. so in the End you have the same function we all want here. The only disadvantage you don't have is that you don't see which frequency is not at full range if you look at the mixer.. like with the sends.. it tried something like that with sends but i had some problems in delay time so i came to this conclusion.
As long Ableton doesn't have this function I tihink its a good way to get along with it.

The lovely thing within this tool is you can choose your frequency range on your own.. and if you want more controls just copy a mid range ( not sub or high) and specify it and make a new makro button.

But this is not as good as a real EQ control section in the mixer in ableton ;)