Lost all my Live projects

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
2be

Lost all my Live projects

Post by 2be » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:59 pm

Yesterday I opened Live only to find out that ALL my live projects have been deleted.
I have no idea how that happened. The only action prior to opening Live was cleaning the Mac OS X trash, but of course I didn't put my whole projects folder in there. I also did have a Live crash the day before, maybe it's related to that. Checked the harddrive for errors, ran file recovery, but both came up with nothing.
The damage is done and I lost a years worth of work. I don't blame Live, not even sure that it caused it. Will make more frequent backups now, that's for sure.
Anyone have an idea how that could happen and how I can make sure it doesn't happen again in the future? I searched the web and found very few who suffered from the same problem, and there was no solution.

bicarbone

Re: Lost all my Live projects

Post by bicarbone » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:54 pm

Wow, sorry to hear that. Sounds weird, though. Have you searched your hard drive? Are you sure you hadn't accidently moved your live sets to the trash before emptying it?

Well, if it's lost, then at least you can start out fresh now!
I know it's hard to accept, but it just might be a blessing in disguise.
I once had my computer AND my backup drive stolen, and whereas I was really pissed of, I realized that I still had all the ideas in my brain so I could redo everything I thought was worth it. The tracks I redid eventually ended up sounding much better than what I had lost.

Hope this may bring you some comfort!
|soundcloud|

MBP 2.2 GHz i7 quad 10.7.5 8GB ram | Live9suite | Reaper | Metric Halo ULN-2 + DSP | PSI A21-M active monitors | Littlepapercones passive speakers | Studer 169 analog mixer

2be

Re: Lost all my Live projects

Post by 2be » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:49 pm

Yeah, really weird. Whatever.
I'm not sad about the loss anymore. A blank sheet like this is very inspiring and I have started work on a very nice project already :)