What's the next IN genre?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Rave

What's the next IN genre?

Post by Rave » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:46 am

Dubstep is now, electro before it.
I wanna be kool too. What's next?

psyfi

Re: What's the next IN genre?

Post by psyfi » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:05 am

fractaltwatcore its a way of life :wink:

MacGuffin

Post by MacGuffin » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:32 pm

folktrobilly

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:28 pm

If you don't know, you're already out bro

dubstep is slow tempo

the newkids will get the opposite direction, bashing and laughing at their elder dubstepper brothers, so maybe speedstep, or dubspeed, or speed house, dubcore??

I don't think it will be Jazz, BTW.

BTW2 : don't be kool

Rave

Post by Rave » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:00 pm

Thanx guys but I wanna be kool. The quickest way to do that is jump on the bandwagon. I don't care for creativity or my self respect.

/me goes off to beatport and buys the top ten tracks. I am going to be the bestest DJ because as a curve ball in my set I am going to mix it with the top ten electro tracks. It's obligatory that these tracks have been rinsed to death and that every DJ plays them. How are my flock (aka groupies) gonna know when it good to dance and be kool like me?

Digging and creativity is for schmucks.

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:21 pm

tip: focus only on remixes of ultra commercial stuff

present bandwagon is a kind of mix of breakbeat, dubstep wobbles and electro, with a lots of female voices and words like "ass", "bitch", "move it" and so on.

or maybe I'm already out too (but I know what are the best present video games) :lol:

EDIT : we also could bet about what will be the next OUT genre ! :mrgreen:

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:58 pm

I made the first track and told Skrillex about it - now him and me are going to lead the revolution against all this mainstream crap.
the king is dead, long life to the king :wink:

what's the fuss about Skrillex in the lounge??

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:52 pm

He's the bestest! He's the dubstep spearhead! The electro maestro!
ok then I shall have an ear on his productions then :lol:

I honestly never heard about this guy, just discovered him in the "haircuts" lounge thread... but you know, I'm an "OUT guy" :lol:

BTW, do you have links to quality dubstep mixes, and, possibly, live sets?? (do real live sets exist in the dubstep scene?) I can't find whole sets I like in this vast dubstep universe, I like some tracks a lot (specifically in the electro dubstep subgenre, to which I may be related if I was a real producer), but I don't like when it's flirting with dancehall or mainstream bootlegs...

thanks in advance

cheers

docprosper

Post by docprosper » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:14 pm

Just so you know, I was being sarcastic. I'm not really part of the dubstep "scene", but from what I understand he's successful.
fixed :wink:
Funk N. Furter wrote:Post properly.
Ableton Live Suite | M4L | Powerbook | Launchpad | APC40 | Faderfox | 2x1200 | Xone:96 | ...
---> http://soundcloud.com/kilcraft

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:20 pm

Skrillex is the new Tiesto in the making.

But we also need to realize that the average citizen’s taste in music is shit and often causes mediocrity to rise to the top. You think I would have learned by now, but to this day I still get somewhat “nice one bro” excited when I hear a house beat coming out of somebody’s car but then am quickly disappointed when I get closer or they roll down their window and I hear the highs and mids of some of the worst Euro or Pys Trance imaginable that always sounds like the electric light parade at Disneyland. Every. Fucking. Time. :x

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:39 pm

They should be listening to Esquivel.
ImageImage

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:49 pm

I admit that Skrillex is a guilty pleasure of mine. I don't really see how some can say it's the most basic elements of dubstep because I've listened to some BAD dubstep before and really can't compare it to Skrillex in production value or complexity. I agree that some of his songs are 'samey', but so were the Stones.
levimoniz wrote:yes i'm a hypocrite and not intelligent

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:56 pm

scutheotaku wrote:
beats me wrote:Skrillex is the new Tiesto in the making.

But we also need to realize that the average citizen’s taste in music is shit and often causes mediocrity to rise to the top. You think I would have learned by now, but to this day I still get somewhat “nice one bro” excited when I hear a house beat coming out of somebody’s car but then am quickly disappointed when I get closer or they roll down their window and I hear the highs and mids of some of the worst Euro or Pys Trance imaginable that always sounds like the electric light parade at Disneyland. Every. Fucking. Time. :x
I guess the question is this - would we rather have people listening to Britney and Kylie, or Skrillex and Tiesto?

I’d much rather have people listening to Britney or Kylie than worst possible examples of genres they put zero effort into exploring further which inspires more artists to do more of the same shit because it’s the hot ticket of the moment.

BoddAH

Post by BoddAH » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:12 pm

I dislike unoriginal and talent-less pop hybrids like everybody else but I don't get the hate for Skrillex, he definitely knows what he's doing and so does Tiesto.

I consider Skrillex and Tiesto "entry level", it's not something you'd spend a lifetime listening to but if you don't know the genre at all it's a good place to start before you look into more interesting stuff. It's a solid and good example of the genres.

People listening to Deadmau5 or Skrillex will likely want to explore the genre further if they're sensible and not just jumping on the bandwagon. You don't become a jazz fan by starting with free jazz.

Unless you only hate them on principle because they're popular of course but that's another story.
Last edited by BoddAH on Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.