Ableton! Will Live 9 be released before year 2015?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Khazul

Re: Ableton! Will Live 9 be released before year 2015?

Post by Khazul » Fri May 06, 2011 7:48 pm

xzusa8ky wrote:
Khazul wrote:
ciw wrote:...saying that I'm pretty sure that yes, live 9 will be released before 2015, that's plenty of time to sort out the existing bugs.
Well given the number of bugs fixed between April 2009 and now... not so sure.
You are right! I guess Ableton got financial problems or something in that direction? It is unbelieable that they aint able to release a stabel piece of software though all thoose years. They should contact propellerheads to learn something about stability........ 8O
Perhaps the did and thats why thats is a much bigger gap between L8 and L9. OTOH Propellerheads cycles are about 3 or more times everyone elses.
Nothing to see here - move along!

CFM

Post by CFM » Sat May 07, 2011 4:09 pm

“It is unbelievable that they aint able to release a stable piece of software though all those years”. You know what I really get fed up with people moaning about this and bugs! I only started using Live on version 8 and “yes” it has crashed but I also use Sonar and that has also crashed. Most of the time I believe it’s not because of the main software but an effect or soft synth or due to some malfunction in my PC. Plus I PC is really a general PC like I believe many are here so most of the time Yahoo, MSN, webpages and all sorts of crap are open at the same time as Live. I suspect many are the same so you are always going to get problems.

If you want a stable PC then get a bloody powerful one, only music software, not connected to the internet (only for music software updates) and only switch it on when you want to create music.

Plus in the end if you really feel you can’t work with a “unstable” piece of software then you can always buy a MAC and Logic.

As for Live 9… I’d still say Autumn 2011 or is that fall in the USA?

remute99

Post by remute99 » Mon May 09, 2011 12:05 am

CFM wrote:“It is unbelievable that they aint able to release a stable piece of software though all those years”. You know what I really get fed up with people moaning about this and bugs! I only started using Live on version 8 and “yes” it has crashed but I also use Sonar and that has also crashed. Most of the time I believe it’s not because of the main software but an effect or soft synth or due to some malfunction in my PC.
I get fed up with arrogant, solipsistic noobs who spout gibberish about what they "believe" as if it's some kind of scientific fact applicable to any other users.
:roll:
Mac Pro
Quad-Core Intel Xeon 2 x 2.8 GHz
10 GB RAM
OSX 10.5.6

smaucher

Post by smaucher » Mon May 09, 2011 7:12 am

Live 9 = Duke Nukem Forever - it was released, finally.
you start bleeding - I start sceaming
propaganda 1985

marra

Post by marra » Mon May 09, 2011 10:10 am

H20nly wrote:BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH..... BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH.... BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH... and BITCH some more....

its all you fukin people do.

bitch if its too soon, bitch if its too late, bitch if they say too much, bitch if they don't say enough... i hope each of you that feels the need to constantly whine on an ongoing basis about what Ableton are doing get your very own completely unique Live 9 bug that no one else gets, doesn't show up in a bug report and drives you fucking mad... that way you can come on to the forum and bitch Live 10 into existence. because now that there is a mention of Live 9 the Live 10 threads will start.

careful what you wish for. bitches.

:idea: use what you have and STFU!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waCeEtv1Ebg

condra

Post by condra » Fri May 20, 2011 1:12 pm

poo - talent + hype = Tyler The Creator

aizo

Post by aizo » Fri May 20, 2011 2:40 pm

Yeah I really can't understand why everyone likes him so much. He fucking sounds like a shit version of Aesop Rock.
Beats are shit. Rhymes are shit.

Shit Shit Shit.....
ImageImage

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri May 20, 2011 3:35 pm

aizo wrote:Yeah I really can't understand why everyone likes him so much. He fucking sounds like a shit version of Aesop Rock.

Shit Shit Shit.....
:lol:
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

xzusa8ky

Post by xzusa8ky » Fri May 20, 2011 8:14 pm

remute99 wrote:
CFM wrote:“It is unbelievable that they aint able to release a stable piece of software though all those years”. You know what I really get fed up with people moaning about this and bugs! I only started using Live on version 8 and “yes” it has crashed but I also use Sonar and that has also crashed. Most of the time I believe it’s not because of the main software but an effect or soft synth or due to some malfunction in my PC.
I get fed up with arrogant, solipsistic noobs who spout gibberish about what they "believe" as if it's some kind of scientific fact applicable to any other users.
:roll:
And i get feed up with the noobs staying in the back and make profit from the people who cares...... :evil:
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

ScudMan

Post by ScudMan » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:12 pm

Anyone got an update on Live 9
-
ScudMan

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:20 am

I'm really much more interested into Live 10 release date.

When Live 10 is out, Live 9 will be bug-free and much more cheap.

I'll then probably get it, and sell my Live 7 licence to my best friend who is still enjoying his Live 6 copy.

You'll laugh at me, but I can't even say what differs between live 7 and 8, apart from track groups :lol:

I do understand some of you are waiting for new stuff, and I have no problem with that (I used to be like that), but I also can't stand people bitching on the Abes when there ARE really good versions of their software. Live 6 and 7 are great. I heard live 8 was now fully stable and operative, so there is no way to keep on bitching. Back in the first times of Live 8, ok, bitching was mandatory, but now... guys... come on.... cheer up, or switch to something else, like maschine or whatelse.

starving student

Post by starving student » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:52 am

aizo wrote:Yeah I really can't understand why everyone likes him so much. He fucking sounds like a shit version of Aesop Rock.

Shit Shit Shit.....
it's the formula

ambientidm

Post by ambientidm » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:22 am

i say take as long as it takes to get it right (as in rock solid stable)
i imagine 9 will probably be completely amazing
as far m4l we can now get csound to run in it
this a very exciting time for electronic music and synthesis
but once again it is still all about stability so let's keep live "live"

xzusa8ky

Post by xzusa8ky » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:06 pm

funny....i did post this for ages ago...and still the same actuallity! ;)
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

kitekrazy

Post by kitekrazy » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:04 am

xzusa8ky wrote:
Khazul wrote:
ciw wrote:...saying that I'm pretty sure that yes, live 9 will be released before 2015, that's plenty of time to sort out the existing bugs.
Well given the number of bugs fixed between April 2009 and now... not so sure.
You are right! I guess Ableton got financial problems or something in that direction? It is unbelieable that they aint able to release a stabel piece of software though all thoose years. They should contact propellerheads to learn something about stability........ 8O
Ha! Ha! They would have to make everything proprietary. They could make a sampler that no developer wants to waste their time on. Also they would need regress the editing windows to resemble 20th century open source development. Then encourage people to rewire it with a real DAW because the synths are cool.