OS X 10.7 Lion compatibility: Live update coming soon ?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
reticent

Re: OS X 10.7 Lion compatibility: Live update coming soon ?

Post by reticent » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:48 pm

Everything seems to work fine except for the minor issues with Ableton.

logic_user99

Post by logic_user99 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:09 am

SlowX wrote:
petur wrote:
whitebox wrote:I'm using Live 7 - will this get an update to use in OSX Lion too?
So am I, and Live 7 seems to have the same midi out freeze bug.
Ditto here: Live 7 user. Hope to see a Lion patch etc. :)
I'm very late on this thread! Having only just gotten back into making music with the computer I found that Live 7.0.18 'froze' my machine when I was tinkering with a drum rack - couldn't move the cursor despite the audio still playing. Managed to replicate it a couple of times.

Guess I need to upgrade...

(A pain 'cos I was really psyched about getting 'back into it' after a near-two year break in all musical activity)
Macbook | Live 7.0.18 |

Rave

Post by Rave » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:00 am

Set up a dual boot. SL for production and lion for other sh*t

logic_user99

Post by logic_user99 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:21 am

Rave wrote:Set up a dual boot. SL for production and lion for other sh*t
Genius. Genius. Genius. See... I never think outside the box! You've just saved me £100 (which I can go and spend on a Launch Pad!).

Thanks, Rave.
Macbook | Live 7.0.18 |

Rave

Post by Rave » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:12 pm

Happy to be of help :)

woodie

Post by woodie » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:38 pm

ummm...If I'm not mistaken....iCloud requires you to be running Lioness if you want to use it full on.

not everyone has 2 macs...but if anyone would be willing to donate theirs here, I just might take you up on that offer. ;)

still on 7 here too, but with what happened to 8...ain't touchin' it with an 8 foot pole esp. what they want for it for an upgrade; sounds like they should be paying me to use it!

Maybe that's what the version numbers actually represent = the number of months that need to go by after release before you can actually use the damn thing. For example:

Live 7 - 7 months before you could have used it with less crashing
Live 8 - 8 months x (multiple here). no comment. ;)
Live 9 - when it finally releases, if it's in this decade - please add an additional 9 months from date of release before you would want to even look at it

farducta!
Live 7.0.18 : www.tarnce.com

logic_user99

Post by logic_user99 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:22 pm

woodie wrote:ummm...If I'm not mistaken....iCloud requires you to be running Lioness if you want to use it full on.

not everyone has 2 macs...but if anyone would be willing to donate theirs here, I just might take you up on that offer. ;)

still on 7 here too, but with what happened to 8...ain't touchin' it with an 8 foot pole esp. what they want for it for an upgrade; sounds like they should be paying me to use it!

Maybe that's what the version numbers actually represent = the number of months that need to go by after release before you can actually use the damn thing. For example:

Live 7 - 7 months before you could have used it with less crashing
Live 8 - 8 months x (multiple here). no comment. ;)
Live 9 - when it finally releases, if it's in this decade - please add an additional 9 months from date of release before you would want to even look at it

farducta!
See Rave's suggestion about doing a dual-boot from a partition (which I will be doing as soon as I get home). I'm pretty sure iCloud will still work with two versions of the OS on your machine. Here's how to do the install:

http://osxdaily.com/2011/03/12/how-to-i ... w-leopard/

I've never had a major problem with Live 7 until this OSX 10.7 upgrade.
Macbook | Live 7.0.18 |

Rave

Post by Rave » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:57 pm

iCloud does work on the lion partition :)

Khazul

Post by Khazul » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:00 pm

Must admit Im seeing a few more of the drag and drop crashes (ie blows up when you click on a plugin in the broswer and start to drag it in) that I often see on windows in the latest release version on Lion. Other than that, its been generally OK.
Nothing to see here - move along!

starving student

Post by starving student » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:40 am

glitchrock-buddha wrote:
shayneo wrote:Ableton need to hurry up on this. Unfortunately for work reasons I *had* to upgrade, but I'm now stuck with bloody garage band and I've had to turn down gigs which means this delay is getting expensive.

Ableton had *plenty* of time to identify this problem with the developer pre-releases.

I can only assume its the #1 priority right now, but we need to know how many more days this will take for simple logistics reasons. Should I buy a second mac to run snow leopard?
What kind of work makes you upgrade to the newest operating system? My work takes a very long time to ensure compatibility and stability before ok'ing an OS upgrade. Do you work for a macstore and is your personal mac a display model?
this was funny as fuck, should have been a t-shirt