What feature in live 9 would be a game changer for you

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Earwax69

Re: What feature in live 9 would be a game changer for you

Post by Earwax69 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:14 am

I got one!! : I would like to be able to see the BPM of older projects and exported wav when Im searching for sounds... Something that would save the bpm as a tag, just like the preview in photoshop.

That would be useful when you want to combine things together, exemple:need a new part, go scroll in your old projects and see if there is a same tempo unfinished song that you could import.

mholloway

Post by mholloway » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:02 am

built-in sample editor.

new functions for freeze+flatten (e.g. render) individual clips without having to do it to a whole channel.

pitch correction would be cool, though not essential to me, but this one seem inevitable given the state of the industry. I'm sure we'll see it.

-M
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

roxxx303

Post by roxxx303 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:07 am

The midi-editor must be switchable to fullscreen and back with a click!
It's such a pain if you recorded a longer midi-sequence which you want to edit and you must always resize the damned midi-editor because in the default size you cannot recognize anything!

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:14 am

hps909 wrote:
hps909 wrote: vst 3 support.. or make vst's sidechainable..
VST3 to make VST3/AU work like live native plugins, else you can side chain already - just route the key track to the side chain inputs on the compressor or whatever you are keying.

cool pays to learn key commands aye ;)

that only works if your plug ins actually have a key input ..a lot don't... but can still be sidechained with vst 3
with m4l you can sidechain almost anything..

photonal

Post by photonal » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:13 am

• Ability to view MIDI Control Data in the Arrange Window

• Ability to choose a default Automation Parameter, e.g. to have 'Track Volume' as the default rather than 'Speaker On' which I never use.

• Automation Curves

• Additional MIDI Effects, e.g. a 'MIDI Transform' which would allow for mapping of MIDI Note Data to MIDI Control Data.

• Integration of Max for Live into Live, i.e. not as a buy-on addition.

• Ability to remove items from the "Open Recent Set" Menu - perhaps by Option-Clicking on the menu entry?

• Improved 'Search' - typically it is quicker and easier to search with the 'Finder' rather than let Live do it.

headquest

Post by headquest » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:07 am

• Melodynne DNA (polyphonic)
    VST3.5 Note Expression
    Full SMF support for importing/expoerting including tempo info
    Improved MIDI editing with stuff like legato adjustments
    VST automation in Session View clips
    "Scene Clips" for automation of master channel effects, etc
    A few goodies from M4L thrown in, including Henke's Granular synth
    PM Woodwind instrument from AAS
    64 bit support
    Nothing much reallyh then :P
iMac Retina 4K 3.3Ghz i7, 16Gb RAM
Live Suite 9.7.1 + Reason 9.1 + Pianoteq 5 + Sibelius 8.5

Listen on Soundcloud

Xen Ochren

Post by Xen Ochren » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:13 am

- Snapshots... store every setting for every effect at a moment in time and be able to quickly recall them via MIDI or keystroke (like MainStage has had since 1.0). If you're in playing in a band it's a total pain in the ass to switch songs now.
THIS!

ciw

Post by ciw » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:19 am

Some good suggestions here, particularly delay compensated automation

I'll add another: multitouch support. I don't even have a device that supports this myself, but it's so nice making music on the sofa/out of the studio and surely ipad type interfaces have to feature in Live's future.

None of these would be a game changer though, I'd be surprised if anything was at all. I'm not even using L8 yet! :)

A 3 day working week, now that would be a game changer http://www.neweconomics.org/publications/21-hours

Evengy

Post by Evengy » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:38 am

3 day working week is my wet dream haha :D

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:28 pm

Evengy wrote:3 day working week is my wet dream haha :D
I do it, and its great. But you gonna have to cut down on a lot of good stuf. Like going out, snacks, beers, good food, etc. It also takes a lot longer to save up for things, like gear or software. Ive done it for 3 years, 3 days dayjob/whoreing. But then you get 4 days to focus on your passion in life..

/OT, but I didnt start it! :D
Last edited by ze2be on Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR78

Post by CR78 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:48 pm

mholloway wrote:new functions for freeze+flatten (e.g. render) individual clips without having to do it to a whole channel.-M
YES!!

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:01 pm

64 bit of course, but that's obviously going to happen.

What would be amazing would be if the built-in instruments and plug-ins actually became as easy to use and customize as VSTs. Ie. if the parameter order was customizable via 'configure', and if the window would be let free outside of it's little box, like VSTs. How cool would a single screen operator be without needing tabs, or analog, or collision etc. Also if the native ableton devices could be used with novation automap the same way VSTs can, like how logic instruments and effects can be automapped just as VSTs. That would be great.

If ableton devices were given all the benefits of VSTs, I might actually start using them.

Oh another thing would be improved racks - more macros, and the ability to assign macros from a rack on a group track to the devices of the child tracks within it. You can do that now with Max for Live (such as the excellent covert operators devices), but there are downsides, like not seeing macro names in touchable or automap the way you do with racks. Ableton needs this built-in.
Professional Shark Jumper.

esky

Post by esky » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:07 pm

I' d be happy if they would just finish what they began to develop, like a deeper integration of the APCs (red frame appearing in the arrangement window). I'd be happy if they would solve those painfull Max for Live issues. New features...? Don't know, i'd love whats there, if it would function a 100 percent.

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:56 pm

Sibanger wrote:
Also the share feature would be cool.

As long as it's not a 'now you see it, now you don't' share feature. :roll:

When it was up and running, it was really cool. I would welcome it back with open arms. :)
havent'y you heard?
they dropped share and told us to use dropbox instead.
it's *almost* the same, minus some things such as dropbox's terms of use which gives them rights to all your work and things like no autofreezing and version control. but it's pretty close *cough*.

i guess the game changer would be to announce a feature that a: works, and b: stays.

hps909

Post by hps909 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:55 pm

3dot... wrote:
hps909 wrote:
hps909 wrote: vst 3 support.. or make vst's sidechainable..
VST3 to make VST3/AU work like live native plugins, else you can side chain already - just route the key track to the side chain inputs on the compressor or whatever you are keying.

cool pays to learn key commands aye ;)

that only works if your plug ins actually have a key input ..a lot don't... but can still be sidechained with vst 3
with m4l you can sidechain almost anything..
good for m4l, live itself cant
macbook pro 2.5 i5 os 10.12 , TC Electronik Konnekt 48, Live 9, Cubase 9, event 20/20, Waldorf Blofeld, roland tb-03, roland Jx-03, korg mikrokontrol, novation nocturn, akai lpd8