Live looping problems....Plz help

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Live looping problems....Plz help

Post by #43 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:09 pm

First of all Im trying to loop live sounds,beatbox guitar, whatever..
Okay so I have a Bus track that sends audio to three different tracks which their monitor is off so I can have arm always enabled on all tracks and record which one I like, similar to this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjj-ogBf ... re=related.

All monitor off tracks have some plugins(compressors,eq) on them.The thing is that with this situation I cant hear the signal with the fx when I'm recording.I hear it only after the recording/looping.The only solution that I came up with is having all the fx in the Bus in different Racks and simply turn them on and off when I record each track,This semms to work but I overloading Bus with Effect Racks causes delay.Im currently using my on board sound card to record(with asio 4 all) so I cant be sure that same will happen when recording with Fast Track.But I can't use it for now so..

Something else I thought was to map the In/Auto/Off thing so that when I record each clip I set the monitor to Auto and as soon as it ends change to off again..This cant work cause In/Auto/Off are not separate choices for mapping.They are all one so mapping it required from me to hit a button two times(pass the In) to change from off to auto..

Finally I thought somehow make it possible to map a midi key to arm a track and record to a slot simultaneously.I ve made this but Live first triggers the slot(which is at the stop mode by that time) and after it arms the track so I cant record..I m wondering if it is possible through bomes midi translator or sth similar..

Hope this makes sense sorry for bad english and thanks again...

Re: Live looping problems....Plz help

Post by #43 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:47 pm

Any ideas?

Mixikyr

Re: Live looping problems....Plz help

Post by Mixikyr » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:05 am

Deleted post.