Track key integration

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Bayley

Track key integration

Post by Bayley » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:19 pm

What would be super cool is if you could store the key of each track imported to Live (this information could be stored in the accompanying .asd file) and then have a small 'key' button next to the tempo field (top left) which when clicked brings up a drop down menu of available keys (as per the camelot system for example)

Then have a context menu item when you right click on the piano roll to 'fold' all notes thad don't match that chord.

8)

a1studmuffin

Re: Track key integration

Post by a1studmuffin » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:49 am

I was thinking something similar, but not as restrictive.

It would be great if individual MIDI clips could have a key signature set upon them (defaulting to "None", but allowing something like "C Major" or "Bb Minor Harmonic"), then instead of folding away chromatic notes (notes not belonging to the key sig), it simply drew their channel slightly darker/tinted a different colour than the diatonic notes of the key. That way people can still use occasional accidentals while still seeing the diatonic notes better.
Butter Party: Beatport | Soundcloud | Mixcloud

deanthomastunes

Post by deanthomastunes » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:44 pm

A Camelot-wheel reading would do me. It would save forking out £60 or whatever it is for Mixed-In-Key.
Progressive/Tech/Uplifting Trance
Soundcloud | Facebook | Twitter

LATEST RELEASES
BUY HERE

Bayley

Post by Bayley » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:36 pm

I have Mixed In Key actually, but I'm talking about better integration.

Last bumped by Bayley on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:36 pm.