PLEASE Eucon-ize Live!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
hoffman2k

Re: PLEASE Eucon-ize Live!!!

Post by hoffman2k » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:02 am

nuperspective wrote:have you tried emailing support and asking when they plan or why not? there could be a big reason this cant be done at this stage or it could be a low priority. ive asked about features and got a decent response in the past. sometimes its not always what you what but at least you get some info from the horses mouth.
An educated guess would be that the one or two guys at Ableton who implement support for controllers, aren't that excited to create an ethernet protocol tacked onto the limited features of the Live API.
Also if there are plans to create a free MFL runtime, it would be redundant to do so.
And if it actually were technically possible, Live would be supporting Jazzmutant's Dexter.

Been saying it for about 4 years and I'll say it again: Ableton needs to create a way for us to support any controller and not having to rely on them for that support.
Suppose Eucon is supported in Live tomorrow and the whole Eucon firmware gets an update next week that requires a Live update, you'll be back to square one..

I'm not downplaying the need for this support. But Live has yet to catch up with almost 30 years of MIDI. I'm just saying I'd rather see full support for all possible controllers as opposed to half-assed support for a proprietary protocol.

Ah this thread makes me nostalgic... http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53402

refuuj

Post by refuuj » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:33 pm

bump

please do something. i'm tired of getting excited over features shown on all of these controllers and when i try it with live the most of the great features are not supported. happened with 2 controllers already. the euphonix mc control looks like my dream come true but i would hate to integrate Logic just to get the workflow optimizing features the controller offers.

Jekblad

Post by Jekblad » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:06 pm

there's also a feature request forum

i bought an mc control and sold it
2.4 ghz Macbook Pro 8gb RAM, SSD, Live 9 Suite, Puremagnetik, Minimal Talent

Dennis DeSantis

Post by Dennis DeSantis » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:56 am

Hi folks,

We're aware of this feature request, but we have no information about if or when it might happen.

Best,

Rave

Post by Rave » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:20 pm

Boohoo :(

nigel1

Post by nigel1 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:31 am

absolutely stupefying and ridiculous at this point in time. Especially considering that other "professional" and competing apps are supporting it.
i've complained and received a response along those same lines. I mean why the hell support Open Labs products! no slight on them mind you but there cant be a hell of a lot more of those units sold than Euphonix artist series controllers.
I suppose the implementation is a PITA for the Abe crew but I seriously think they are underestimating the amount of people who have those units and if they haven't tried ableton would freak out when
their units would work seamlessly within the app.

I'm really at my wits end with this. Seriously this sucks.

Dennis Ferrer

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:06 pm

nigel1 wrote:absolutely stupefying and ridiculous at this point in time. Especially considering that other "professional" and competing apps are supporting it.
i've complained and received a response along those same lines. I mean why the hell support Open Labs products! no slight on them mind you but there cant be a hell of a lot more of those units sold than Euphonix artist series controllers.
I suppose the implementation is a PITA for the Abe crew but I seriously think they are underestimating the amount of people who have those units and if they haven't tried ableton would freak out when
their units would work seamlessly within the app.

I'm really at my wits end with this. Seriously this sucks.

Dennis Ferrer
well yes i understand you, on one hand they want to be a top professional product but on the other hand they support only mediocre DJ controller toys. it is weird.

i strongly believe that a lot of media / film / tv / postproduction facilities, radio and the lot would consider live if it had eucon support, not for the entire process live is not designed for that, but for sound design surely it is awesome for that compared to Nuendo or Logic, etc.

btw, i like 'hey hey' nice oldskool vibe house tune.
*** Image GAFM ***

siddhu

Post by siddhu » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:13 am

I posted this in feature wishlist ages ago. I'm glad to see this issue is being brought up by other users. Now if we can also get them to take the synch and midi clock issues seriously :D

ATLdj

Post by ATLdj » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:29 am

PLEASE PLEASE EUCON-IZE LIVE!!!! :lol:

hmj

Post by hmj » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:15 am

I'm not use to being frustrated when thinking about Live but every time I think about the neglect for Eucon it gives me that Avid like feeling about the boys at Ableton. We're talking about THE professional protocol here! Hands down one of the most important tools for performing and enhancing the art of mixing. What are they thinking?

Rationalizer

Post by Rationalizer » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:04 am

hmj wrote:I'm not use to being frustrated when thinking about Live but every time I think about the neglect for Eucon it gives me that Avid like feeling about the boys at Ableton. We're talking about THE professional protocol here! Hands down one of the most important tools for performing and enhancing the art of mixing.
Hear, hear! And I could finally drop Pro Tools and do all my work in Live.
WIN8.1 x64 | Suite 9.5 x64 | RME FF400 | UAD-2 | Maschine 2 | SparkLE | Mopho | Blodeld | Komplete 9 | Ebony A2 | Adam A7 | Launchpad | Waves Diamond V9 | Many VSTs

Facebook | Youtube | Soundcloud | Beatport

hmj

Post by hmj » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:30 pm

Rationalizer wrote:
hmj wrote:I'm not use to being frustrated when thinking about Live but every time I think about the neglect for Eucon it gives me that Avid like feeling about the boys at Ableton. We're talking about THE professional protocol here! Hands down one of the most important tools for performing and enhancing the art of mixing.
Hear, hear! And I could finally drop Pro Tools and do all my work in Live.
That would be a dream. If I could never open Pro Tools again, it would be a dream!

Khazul

Post by Khazul » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:44 am

Support will be provide in the Ableton Studio product, not the Ableton Live product.

I guess its not considered to be a live use controller, despite that probably way more people use Live for production than live sets. I was considering the euphonix control surfaces as well as I also use logic and cubase, but without live supporting it (which it what I use the most) - didn't bother.

OTOH if Live were to support it, then would get a pair of them tomorrow (well when I can afford them).

APC is fine for messing with ideas and live play, but its lightyears away from being a good sound engineering control surface.
Nothing to see here - move along!