THE NEW BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9!!!!

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
friend_kami

Re: THE NEW BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9!!!!

Post by friend_kami » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:52 pm

oh, noe more thing. not sure if it's been requested and i KNOW that there are max for live devices out there that does it, but i don't have max for live and these devices are even admittedly not working properly with uneven bpm's and time signatures:

some way of seeing time instead of beats/bars, and/or see them both. preferably timecode frames too.
oh, and also: timeline preview scrubbing. c'mon. you started this whole "we want to be a daw now" thing.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:57 pm

In that sense it can help as a reference; where audio starts and stops in the timeline.
ImageImage

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:54 am

shadx312 wrote:In that sense it can help as a reference; where audio starts and stops in the timeline.
if you're scoring you would normally have this reference in several places anyways. markers. written down on paper etc.
but the ability to be able to select whether you would want to see that overview or not surely wouldn't hurt.

what happens when you have several groups that you are done with, and you want to go on with the next segment?
last thing i did had an event happening at 10 second which lasted for 4 seconds, and one of the topmost layers only lasted for 0.2 seconds. this entire layer was compromised of 37 tracks. when i was (temporarily) done with it it was just sitting there taking up space. i didn't need to see the overview for it since i know what it was and i knew what it sounded like as well as when and where it was located.

since it was a temporary finished layer that i needed to come back to and finetune later i couldn't really render it out as a stem either so that's no option either. so it just sat there eating up space without any kind of neccessity to do so.

jkant

Post by jkant » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:55 am

Hi all,
the most wanted features we need to use Live as a powerfull radio/TV jingle machine:

SESSION VIEW:
- Option in preferences to alert when one key (midi or keyboard) is assigned to slots in different tracks (actually there's an alert only if the same key is assigned on the same track).
- Ability to assign effects directly on a single clip in session view
- When a clip is running, a switch (mouse click) between time elapsed/time remaining

CLIP VIEW:
- Ability to select a start point (and play from) without activate warp

EFFECTS:
- A real time pitch shifter effect like waves sound shifter

Thanks!

Ill Frequencies

Post by Ill Frequencies » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:42 am

Kind of a weird one but somewhere where you could write notes.
I usually load up a midi track then put a clip in it and as the title of it I will write a little note on it.
Kind of a to do list. Maybe can fold in and out like the help window size.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:42 pm

Ill Frequencies wrote:Kind of a weird one but somewhere where you could write notes.
I usually load up a midi track then put a clip in it and as the title of it I will write a little note on it.
Kind of a to do list. Maybe can fold in and out like the help window size.
you can already write notes..
right click on any track /device to 'edit notes'

mikex83

Post by mikex83 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:43 pm

How about a dynamic, numerical peak level display as in Logic, showing the maximum level of the reached signal?
Ex:

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:49 pm

it's called 'peak monitor' and it's already available on each track..\
in the session view mixer..
(you might need to expand the tracks a bit)

mikex83

Post by mikex83 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:31 pm

3dot... wrote:it's called 'peak monitor' and it's already available on each track..\
in the session view mixer..
(you might need to expand the tracks a bit)
I was thinking of having it in the arrangement view too.

soerena

Post by soerena » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:40 pm

#1 a better and more flexible way to ZOOM in and out. Like logic's awesome zoom tools (both the "zoom in on selection" and the magnifying tool).
I literally hate doing micro-editing in live and it's the only reason that I've still got logic lying on my mac.

#2 a way more flexible detail-window, so that I'm not forced to scrolling horizontally through my ocean of effect chains.. fx the option to have floating effect-windows like in logic, or a dedicated window for this where you could arrange your own overview of the effects that you wanted to be visible. this is especially ideal when performing live. fx sometimes I just want to have en overview on all of my effects on my display.

cheers

cyklops

Post by cyklops » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:03 pm

Custom key commands for all functions is the most vital for me i really cant live without this and its the one reason i still use Logic, i really cant work as fast in live as i do in logic, a qwerty is still my favorite controller for editing and general workflow

We should be able to reassign any key command and make any new one similar to the way logic does it
for example to crop a sample you always have to grab the mouse and right click and scroll the list and click, when a simple KC would be so much faster

A KC for the plugin window/all favorite folders in the browser, custom KC for zooming, mutes, solos freeze and flatten, warp from here, warp marker and loop brace focus key commands and envelope window etc etc basically every function in live would benefit f from this

even if they give us a blank slate and you need to make your own from scratch i would be happy with that

peterdeebee

Post by peterdeebee » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:39 pm

After about 10 years using Live I'm still crazy about it & I love Ableton's design sense but there are some simple features that I still really miss after all these years.

abort recording feature in session view (midi assignable) - anyone who never makes a mistake would have no use for this feature. But I could sure use an easy shortcut to abandon the clip that's currently recording and start over.

'duplicate contents of selected scene' shortcut (midi assignable) - this is different than 'capture & insert scene' in that it allows you to quickly build on newly created material without disrupting scene layout.

record host automation in session view - this would allow you to record (filter cutoff, resonance, etc.) automation values in the session view just like you would with MIDI CC data.

'snapshots' feature - I'd love to be able to have 'snapshots' that allow you to compare & recall variations on a mix within a Live Set.

lots of midi assignable menu options (such as 'view plug-in window', 'snap to grid', etc.) - many of these features would be so great to have assigned to a midi controller (and keyboard shortcut).

Der_Makrophag

Post by Der_Makrophag » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:12 am

soerena wrote:#1 a better and more flexible way to ZOOM in and out. Like logic's awesome zoom tools (both the "zoom in on selection" and the magnifying tool).
I literally hate doing micro-editing in live and it's the only reason that I've still got logic lying on my mac.
As long as they do not change the way the mouse-zoom works, its fine. Because I really like it. But additional zoom functions would be appreciated, of course.
My English is not perfect, I know... Sorry about that.

Greetings from Germany!

P.S. to wishlist forum users: Please search for former requests. Otherwise they will be splitted into many small ones and we are loosing impact!!!

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:55 am

peterdeebee wrote:After about 10 years using Live I'm still crazy about it & I love Ableton's design sense but there are some simple features that I still really miss after all these years.

abort recording feature in session view (midi assignable) - anyone who never makes a mistake would have no use for this feature. But I could sure use an easy shortcut to abandon the clip that's currently recording and start over.

'duplicate contents of selected scene' shortcut (midi assignable) - this is different than 'capture & insert scene' in that it allows you to quickly build on newly created material without disrupting scene layout.

record host automation in session view - this would allow you to record (filter cutoff, resonance, etc.) automation values in the session view just like you would with MIDI CC data.

'snapshots' feature - I'd love to be able to have 'snapshots' that allow you to compare & recall variations on a mix within a Live Set.

lots of midi assignable menu options (such as 'view plug-in window', 'snap to grid', etc.) - many of these features would be so great to have assigned to a midi controller (and keyboard shortcut).
as for snapshots, clyphx has snapshots.
theres M4L devices that does too, but clyphX doesn't require M4L. pretty easily setup as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGBQw6tn0Rg

rchrdnsh

Post by rchrdnsh » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:21 pm

Please add whichever ones of these are missing from the clip/envelope/automation section. Thank you...

Here is my list of features I would like to see implemented in Live 9 in regards to clip/arrangement envelope automation. In no particular order. I tried to make this a complete list, so any ideas I may have missed, please feel free to add.

Anyway, in no particular order:

Curves - The ability to create and edit automation curves. Exponential (Concave and convex) and S curves.

Invert - Be able to invert an automation selection vertically. Also known as flipping it.

Retrograde - Be able to invert an automation selection horizontally. Also know as mirroring.

Invert + Retrograde - Be able to invert an automation selection vertically and horizontally.

Vertical and Horizontal Scaling - Be able to scale selections in a myriad of ways.

Linear scaling - Be able to scale the length of a selection to simply be longer

Exponential scaling - Be able to scale a selection between 2 points in an exponential fashion, creating a ramp up or down in speed.

Relative scaling - Be able to scale a selection so that it scales more on one end than the other end, to create volume ramps up and down, both in a linear and exponential fashion.

Breakpoints that snap to beat - Be able to snap breakpoints to the beat grid.

Breakpoints that snap to the beginning or end of a MIDI note - Be able to snap breakpoints to the beginning or end of notes as well (sort of does this already.)

Breakpoints that snap to vertical points - Be able to snap breakpoints to vertical grid positions as well.

Lock Breakpoints to note beginnings/ends - Be able to move a notes position in time and have the breakpoints move with them.

Free-range motion - With all this locking to stuff, of course I want the ability to drag completely freely as well.

Pre-made shapes - Sines and triangles and saws and squares that are pre-made and can be inserted into a selection based on the grid scale. Which are then fully editable after insertion.

An envelope library - Be able to right click an envelope and save it to an envelope library that can accessed as any time in any other session for any other clip.
Save changes to an envelope and effect all other instances of the same envelope.

The reason I want these abilities natively is that they would offer the ability to create nuanced and highly original and expressive envelopes for absolutely anything that can be modulated. Most importantly though is the speed factor. I can do all of these things now with just the pencil tool... but it takes FOREVER... seriously. The amount of time and trial and error it takes to make a gated tempo ramp is crazy long, but I think that these features would allow a musician to be much more creative much more quickly.

Cheers,

rchrdnsh