So last week I Purchased Ableton Suite...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
CareyLetendre

Re: So last week I Purchased Ableton Suite...

Post by CareyLetendre » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:36 am

Ben_Binary wrote: I just think its normal to be disappointed when something better (price) comes along...
No big deal... nothing wrong with asking Ableton if they care to help you out or reward your business?
What about those that bought the day before the OP. Shouldn't they be entitled to compensation as well. Actually when i think about it, probably the folks before them as well but definitely not the people that bought the day before the people that bought the day before the people that bought the day before the OP. They're definitely out.

:roll:

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:26 am

CareyLetendre wrote:
Ben_Binary wrote: I just think its normal to be disappointed when something better (price) comes along...
No big deal... nothing wrong with asking Ableton if they care to help you out or reward your business?
What about those that bought the day before the OP. Shouldn't they be entitled to compensation as well. Actually when i think about it, probably the folks before them as well but definitely not the people that bought the day before the people that bought the day before the people that bought the day before the OP. They're definitely out.

You could apply my original suggestion, but in reverse and retroactively. If you bought the day before you get a 24% discount, the day before that 23%, right down to 1% for those who bought it 24 days before the announcement.
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

snakedogman

Post by snakedogman » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:11 pm

But what if you bought it 26 days before?? :lol:

oddstep

Post by oddstep » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:11 pm

102% of the standard price

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:51 pm

What about those that bought the day before the OP. Shouldn't they be entitled to compensation as well.
It's up to the person imo. If one wants to be passive and not at least try and ask for a deal that's their fault. If one wants to take a few seconds and keystrokes to explain the situation and ask for something fair then maybe there's reward in that.
ImageImage

kitekrazy

Post by kitekrazy » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:37 pm

I'm failing to convince myself upgrading to the suite at %25 off is worth it.

Ben_Binary

Post by Ben_Binary » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:02 am

CareyLetendre wrote: I guess Ableton should let everyone know a week ahead of time when they are going to have a big sale.
Yes - people plan for sales. especially BIG sales.
http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php? ... 26&start=0
CareyLetendre wrote:

That is a good attempt at being logical. congratulations on your logic progression. it proves you are trying to be logical. congratulations.

she loves me yeah yeah yeah

... and with a love like that ... you know you should be glahaad!

:lol: :arrow: :roll:
soundcloud Live 9 & Push / Reaper / Octatrack / Rytm / MicroBrute / Nord Modular G1 & G2 / Waldorf Rack Attack / Juno 60 / Monotron & Duo / SeratoDJ / Komplete 9 / OhmForce

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:12 pm

Ignore (wrong thread)
Last edited by crumhorn on Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

CareyLetendre

Post by CareyLetendre » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:13 pm

Ben_Binary wrote:
CareyLetendre wrote: I guess Ableton should let everyone know a week ahead of time when they are going to have a big sale.
Yes - people plan for sales. especially BIG sales.
All those deals are effective immediately. Just give up man. You're just looking foolish.

mrobare

Post by mrobare » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:40 am

i have no problem giving money
to companies that make things(software in this case)
that i really enjoy playing with

i think live is the best piece of software
i ever played with

i have been a happy camper since live 3
and looking forward to live 9

how can you complain?

devobtch
Windows 7 64bit I7 970 3.2 Ghz
12 GB 8 TB storage ASUS 6970 video card
ASUS Rampage Extreme motherboard
Ableton Live 9 Suite Komplete 7 Mach 5 3
Garritan Jazz and Big Band FL Studio and numerous
FL plugins Ozone 5, Autotune 7 Gibson SG
Fender Strat APC 40

Ben_Binary

Post by Ben_Binary » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:06 am

CareyLetendre wrote:
Ben_Binary wrote:
and companies never know they are going to have a 25% off sale in advance... it just happens randomly. 8O
Missing the point entirely.
How many copies would they sell if they telegraphed a sale a week in advance. :roll:
Simple really :wink: Sales are REGULARLY advertised before they happen :roll: So Um ... YES it must help them sell more BECAUSE they often telegraph it 8O

there is a usefull thread about them that shares information about sales with all of us. nice.
CareyLetendre wrote: All those deals are effective immediately. Just give up man. You're just looking foolish.
NEVER Gonna give you up

Thats a lie ... I will after this last one:

Out here on the streets and don't know what time it is! Man you's a Fool

/rant
Last edited by Ben_Binary on Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
soundcloud Live 9 & Push / Reaper / Octatrack / Rytm / MicroBrute / Nord Modular G1 & G2 / Waldorf Rack Attack / Juno 60 / Monotron & Duo / SeratoDJ / Komplete 9 / OhmForce

franknputer

Post by franknputer » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:43 pm

You know, this happens every year. Ableton has a sale, somebody pipes up and says "Hey, WTF?? I just bought last week at full price..." and then the replies start flowing:

Ask them if they'll refund something
It was worth full price when you bought it
Maybe they can warn people about sales
But then they'd have to give retroactive discounts to everyone
STFU n00b

etc, etc...

I guess what I'm saying is: Search the Forum before complaining about missing a sale. :lol:

(BTW, this happened to me too, when I first bought Live 6. You'll learn when to to pay to get a deal as time goes on, don't sweat it...)

craftycurate

Post by craftycurate » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:48 pm

I originally bought Live 6 just before a sale, and I emailed them about it and they refunded me the difference right away. Just ask!
Core i7 2.3GHz|Win7x64|8GB|1.5TB & Core 2 Duo T7200, XP Pro SP3,
Nio 2|4, Edirol PCR800, NanoKontrol , Komplete Synths + Reaktor 5, Cameleon, Alchemy, FabFilter 2 suite
http://www.myspace.com/richardlyallmusic http://craftycurate.blogs.com