Serious program error: out of memory

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
mgpg

Serious program error: out of memory

Post by mgpg » Thu May 19, 2011 10:55 am

I have had this error message four times today:

I have a 2.8GHz MacBook Pro with 4GB RAM (and no other apps running simultaneously)
I never had any performance issues, so I find it hard to believe I actually ran out of memory.

Anyone know what to do?

Hermanus

Re: Serious program error: out of memory

Post by Hermanus » Thu May 19, 2011 12:15 pm

Same here with win xp32bits

I did a simple improvisation with one instrument and when I want to edit the midi clip it always crashes and runs out of memory.
So frustrating to crash while I simply edit in arrangement view... I mean it is a so easy task, it should not behave like this!

I have a live set used two weeks ago for live gig it reaches around 700Mb of ram.

This new Simple set with only one instrument takes a huge 1400Mb of rams and then crashes with OUT of MEMORY thing.

I contacted the support several days ago for the partner instruments pack not fully installing... No answer so far.

I re mailed with case number, reporting this out of memory crash.

Still NO ANSWER :(

pr0fessor

Post by pr0fessor » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:21 am

I am also getting this error upon saving, using Kontakt 5, with the Komplete 8 Ultimate installed. I've got an 8 core mac pro, with 20GB of ram installed and it's all showing RAM as working.

please advise.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:03 am

Its because Live is a 32bit app.
On a 32bit OS, it ram crashes arround 1.8gb. On a 64bit OS you get to use a little more. I run a 32bit xp system, and I think the ram limit for a 64bit OS is something like 2.4gb.

To avoid these crashes, have an eye on your OS ram usage while working.

pr0fessor

Post by pr0fessor » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:48 pm

yeah I figured that out after seeing a few posts about it. It was my first time using Kontakt with the new strings from Ultimate 8 ... I built this huge multi with strings and brass for scoring... hehe.... that won't really work... It's running fine again now, I just had to make that patch a little smaller and score in smaller pieces. It's always something.

jpodtbc

Post by jpodtbc » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:31 am

ableton definitely fails hard when using kontakt libraries. it's disappointing at best especially after buying an expensive mac pimped out to the max.