iPad

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
LoopStationZebra

Re: iPad

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:12 pm

A Match Nightmare....

You've got a rare set of songs from a bootleg. Match grabs the same songs but the standard album version.

Has that happened? Is that a concern? The general replacing of certain versions with others that Match THINKS are the correct ones?

*shudder*

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:23 pm

What will be the release order for the following:

iPhone 5
iPad 3
Apple TV 3
iTV
15” Macbook Air
The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived Died: How I Got My Job ebook by Tim Cook.

Ryanmf

Post by Ryanmf » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:19 am

April: iPad 3, Apple TV 3
June: iPhone 5
October: 15" MBA (along with a full refresh of the line), iPod update (Classic EOL, yet another new iPod nano)
?: iTV

Re Tim Cook:

IBM CEO: Virginia Rometty, a woman
HP CEO: Meg Whitman, a woman
Apple CEO: Tim Cook, a gay

It's a conspiracy, I tells ya

You guys can tell I'm being facetious when I say things like "a gay" and "I tells ya," right?

Right?

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:08 pm

The iPad3 will not arrive in April.

The same assholes who are 'widely reporting' an April/Spring release are the same assholes who fucking SWORE UP AND DOWN that the iPhone5 was going to be released. Instead we got the 4s stopgap. bleh.

The iPad MINI will arrive before the iPad3.

I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Hidden Driveways

Post by Hidden Driveways » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:17 pm

Interesting video about Jobs during his Next days:

http://www.theverge.com/2011/11/29/2596 ... t-computer

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:59 pm

As much as I love me some Jobs I’m getting a little tired of every media outlet releasing some Jobs specific special and if it’s something they can tag a price on they’ll charge more for it than whatever else they’ve released that doesn’t cover Jobs and in most cases it doesn’t cover new ground other than maybe some pictures that aren’t used by other sources. :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:44 am

Tonight/Tomorrow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmvmjtUMtj4

THAT

Fuck you, Skyrim. :x

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:23 pm

Skyrim has verily made my iPad, iPhone, AppleTV, and MacBook Pro its collective bitch in one fell swoop. Elegant electronics and cool apps just aren't winning out over shooting someone in the face with a bow and arrow.
Unsound Designer

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:35 pm

stringtapper wrote:Skyrim has verily made my iPad, iPhone, AppleTV, and MacBook Pro its collective bitch in one fell swoop. Elegant electronics and cool apps just aren't winning out over shooting someone in the face with a bow and arrow.

Infinity Blade is all the 10% of Skyrim that’s cool and none of the 90% of Skyrim that is tedium.

Enjoy lumbering around while people ask you to do little random chores for them? Move back in with your parents.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:32 am

8) story. so how long did it take you to beat it beats?
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:01 am

stringtapper wrote:Skyrim has verily made my iPad, iPhone, AppleTV, and MacBook Pro its collective bitch in one fell swoop. Elegant electronics and cool apps just aren't winning out over shooting someone in the face with a bow and arrow.
Or shouting at them so hard they fly off into the distance :)

starving student

Post by starving student » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:41 pm

beats do you already have this, if so are you happy with it and what do the rest of you cats think
I'm thinking about grabbing a used but in new condition for $700, it's really the idea of the integration that I like about it, a question that I have though is that if I have my motu ultralite hooked up to this monitor, daisy chained with a couple of firewire drives am I going to get full speed across the whole spectrum or is this a case of getting a firewire connection but getting slow speeds. my airbook is the 11" version and the lack of ports is pissing me off, course I knew that going in but I'm hoping I can good results using my ultralite through this monitor?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMGKPv9Va90

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:41 pm

H20nly wrote:8) story. so how long did it take you to beat it beats?
You talking about Infinity Blade 2?

Here's the beauty of it. I get the same amount of excitement and action in 10 minutes of Inifinity Blade 2 that it takes 15 hours to accomplish in Skyrim. So to keep on par with my Skyrim counterparts I'll just play it for 10 minutes every other day and get shit done with the rest of my time.

Oh, and it cost me $7.

edit: I lumped star stu in there earlier and I don't think that is what he was walking about. VERY BUSY AT WORK BUT AM TRYING TO KEEP UP WITH MY DAY TIME DUTIES HERE. :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:01 am

starving student wrote:beats do you already have this, if so are you happy with it and what do the rest of you cats think
I'm thinking about grabbing a used but in new condition for $700, it's really the idea of the integration that I like about it, a question that I have though is that if I have my motu ultralite hooked up to this monitor, daisy chained with a couple of firewire drives am I going to get full speed across the whole spectrum or is this a case of getting a firewire connection but getting slow speeds. my airbook is the 11" version and the lack of ports is pissing me off, course I knew that going in but I'm hoping I can good results using my ultralite through this monitor?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMGKPv9Va90

I have a 27" iMac and all I can say is the display is distractingly beautiful and I can view more than enough DAW tracks when in full screen mode. Almost too many tracks because I often do less than full screen because it's too many damn tracks, I tell you!!

But I have no experience with just the Apple display hooked up to a Macbook so I can't comment on any bottlenecks in communication.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:14 am

beats me wrote:
H20nly wrote:8) story. so how long did it take you to beat it beats?
You talking about Infinity Blade 2?

Here's the beauty of it. I get the same amount of excitement and action in 10 minutes of Inifinity Blade 2 that it takes 15 hours to accomplish in Skyrim. So to keep on par with my Skyrim counterparts I'll just play it for 10 minutes every other day and get shit done with the rest of my time.

Oh, and it cost me $7.

:D right on!
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.