Lemur is here

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ekwipt

Lemur is here

Post by ekwipt » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:20 am

http://liine.net/en/products/lemur/

I got goosebumps watching the video, could never afford a real Lemur

iPad version $51.99 Australian, expensive for an iPad App but what the heck hey how much was a Lemur $2000 or something????

http://www.youtube.com/embed/F6zOdRwgIRQ

Hardware owners get a 50% rebate for 6 weeks, fair enough

CONTROL ANYTHING
Lemur is a professional iOS controller app that doesn't cut any corners. It lets you control anything, any way you want. Total flexibility means it can go as deep as you need it to. Lemur can control DJ software, live electronic music performance software, studio production software (DAWs), VJ software, visual synthesis software, stage lighting and more.

ROCK SOLID STANDARD
Major stadium-touring acts use Lemur on stage. The original hardware version was introduced to the public in 2004 and Lemur software now benefits from nearly 10 years of development. These are just two of the reasons Lemur is the name cited when talking about multitouch control.

A CONTROLLER UNEQUALLED
Lemur has often been imitated but never equalled. The physics engine, which can make faders and balls bounce, is entirely unique: allowing anything from a slight organic feel to absolutely chaotic modulations. Lemur goes deep: it comes with more than twice as many unique objects as comparable apps. Options for adjusting the look and feel of objects are vast, and connection to your gear is simple.

USER LIBRARY
Access templates from top artists and the Lemur community. Some of these are actual templates used on stage, others are pure studio or creative tools. Share your own or simply browse the library and download whatever suits your needs.

icedsushi

Re: Lemur is here

Post by icedsushi » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:09 am

I thought this some kind of old thread or a joke before I clicked on it.

Sweet! I wonder how this compares with TouchOSC on an iPhone (don't have an iPad).

ekwipt

Post by ekwipt » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:50 am

Well so far I like the GUI better, a lot more refined, multiple colours for buttons and sliders, it would look great on the iPad2 i'm guessing, iPad 1 here, mucked around with the physics on some modules, they are very cool, Touchosc has something similar on x&y pads.

Some of the templates look insane, i'm going to download a Traktor one and dive into it over the weekend i guess

lunabass

Post by lunabass » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:09 am

it looks great. it'll be interesting to know what the current touchosc and griid users think of it
:: STAK ::
Music for Visual Media
www.staksounds.com
@staksounds

Destro

Post by Destro » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:02 am

ekwipt wrote:Well so far I like the GUI better, a lot more refined, multiple colours for buttons and sliders, it would look great on the iPad2 i'm guessing, iPad 1 here, mucked around with the physics on some modules, they are very cool, Touchosc has something similar on x&y pads.

Some of the templates look insane, i'm going to download a Traktor one and dive into it over the weekend i guess
Is there an ableton live template?

ekwipt

Post by ekwipt » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:06 am

yeah there is unit looks like there website hashed a battering and itsnotresponding at the moments, it's under community templates I think.

Liine.net

UnCL0NED

Post by UnCL0NED » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:11 am

It looks very slick, but I already have both Touchable and Konkreet Performer, which work both very nice with Ableton. I think it's very nice for people who look for specific control-ability, but 40 euros for something that would be similar to what I already have and use is a bit expensive.
soundcloud
"everything you read on the internet is true!"

exper

Post by exper » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:42 pm

Does anyone know if the Lemur Ableton Live Template (Mu, I think?) is included or compatible?

siliconarc

Post by siliconarc » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:16 pm

exper

Post by exper » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:21 pm

Thanks, thats great! However, Does it seem to require M4L to run, unlike other Live controllers like an APC40?

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:56 pm

Is it me, or did the Lemur app video seem to be a poor copy of twisted tools ads?

Hidden Driveways

Post by Hidden Driveways » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:21 pm

Mu was created out of a desire to build the ultimate controller for Ableton Live.
:D

matthews

Post by matthews » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:16 pm

Not familiar with apple products so let me ask a few questions, since I would love to try out this app...

Will this run on a first gen ipad?

Will I run into an problems if I'm using a PC and not a mac?

mduncs

Post by mduncs » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:16 pm

wow

i bought griid like two days ago. can i return it and get this instead?

hacktheplanet

Post by hacktheplanet » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:00 pm

mduncs wrote:wow

i bought griid like two days ago. can i return it and get this instead?
Just buy another iPad. Run both! :D