Is this forum boring?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
simpleton

Is this forum boring?

Post by simpleton » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:50 am

Let's face it, Ableton hasn't released a new version in nearly two years! All I see is people talking about other products. There's no excitement, no controversy even. Three more months of this and people won't care if Live 9 is released. By contrast the Maschine forum is abuzzing with excitement.
The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.

HeadrickProductions

Re: Is this forum boring?

Post by HeadrickProductions » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:22 am

To mean it means that live 8 is doing much better for the community, hence less controversy. Not bad thing in my book
In a K induced Haze (the old K kind not the special K kind ), but an Asian spizz can sometimes bring me out! If ya don't get it, ya never will.

Swing like your life depends on it

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:26 am

fcuk the forum, Live is still awesome after all these years. the forum is just a way to kill time at work.

if it's boring then come up with better threads than this one. ;) PLEASE!
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

gromgrom

Post by gromgrom » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:02 am

This forum needs a gear subpage. I would be all over that one ;)

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:35 am

gromgrom wrote:This forum needs a gear subpage. I would be all over that one ;)
There is gearsluts but yeah, I wondered why there was never a hardware page here.

piZMo

Post by piZMo » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:40 am

this forum has gone down hill since ableton got mentioned on one of those xfactor shows, got split into new sub forums and began to be moderated IMO

where is evilevilevilevilevil and the other characters these days?

anyone in for a game of pingpong? (actually, we can't do that now, its restricted)

:twisted:

oddstep

Post by oddstep » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:44 am

Yeah, it is getting boring. The ratio between interesting ideas (like innovative use of Live devices, music theory, music production) and vague trite rubbish (how do I make music?, how do I know when I like something? I am really concerned about Ableton's imagined business plan etc) is getting really skewed towards the latter.

fisto

Post by fisto » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:06 am

definetely agree with the OP. it's mega-boring here in Abeland. No word on anything about anything.......BOOOOORRRRIIINNNGGG :D

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:50 pm

piZMo wrote:this forum has gone down hill since ableton got mentioned on one of those xfactor shows, got split into new sub forums and began to be moderated IMO

where is evilevilevilevilevil and the other characters these days?

anyone in for a game of pingpong? (actually, we can't do that now, its restricted)

:twisted:
+1

it's totally different these days.

JAMM

Post by JAMM » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:07 pm

2 years already? pfew.

I think the developers were busy making MFL and MFL devices.
In return off the problems they should include MFL in the upgrade so we have some new toys and ableton/MFL a lot off potential new developers.
Last edited by JAMM on Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

puzzlefactory

Post by puzzlefactory » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:10 pm

oddstep wrote:Yeah, it is getting boring. The ratio between interesting ideas (like innovative use of Live devices, music theory, music production) and vague trite rubbish (how do I make music?, how do I know when I like something? I am really concerned about Ableton's imagined business plan etc) is getting really skewed towards the latter.

This made smile. I do laugh when I see people turn themselves into business gurus on music forums. Usually with threads that begin "because Ableton haven't implemented the things I want in their latest update, I predict they will go out of business and be replaced by a partnership of Reaper and Maschine that I've just made up". It's not restricted to just here either, Propellerheads get it all the time on their forum too. :)

rpc9943

Post by rpc9943 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:19 pm

Let's face it, if you think that the next big thing is an upgrade to software, and if a forum about the software is boring/exciting... You probably aren't really a musician/songwriter who is spending their time with that. You sound like a software enthusiast/spectator. Maybe you'd have more fun looking at KVR's hosts forum or something.
http://theconsolationproject.bandcamp.com
Influenced by The Cure, Smiths, early Verve, My Bloody Valentine, Radiohead, Red House Painters, Cocteau Twins, The Church.

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:21 pm

simpleton wrote: By contrast the Maschine forum is abuzzing with NOOB.
Yes, it is.

Warrior Bob

Post by Warrior Bob » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:26 pm

I like hanging out here and trying to answer support questions, but that's the main draw of the forum for me. And there are better Q&A sites, such as Ableton Answers.

Although every once in a while there's some awesome thread where someone does something really interesting. I like those (such as Tarekith's blog post discussions).

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:37 pm

i was thinking it was really great, now all the regulars have convinced me it sucks balls
Last edited by simmerdown on Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.