Share your secrets! HA, allow me to introduce myself

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
JimmySlizz

Share your secrets! HA, allow me to introduce myself

Post by JimmySlizz » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:32 pm

I'm James, relatively new to the whole ableton thing, got it about 2 months ago. have a couple tracks on soundcloud under the moniker jimmyslizz. anyway, I'm suggesting [possibly a sticky] thread where we can all drop any cool sounds we've managed to create or come across in our various travels, if you think its worth sharing, by all means share it. I personally am a firm believer that hoarding your own sounds is unnecessary as the composition and arrangement of a tune are much more important than the production. I have included 0 sound settings in this thread because thats how many i think are worth sharing :lol: . Feel free to rip me apart, or post your own sounds. also, instead of sharing project files why not just post a link to where we can hear the sound in question (i've noticed most people use soundcloud or something similar here) and putting the specs in text on the page e.i oscilator 1: 2 coars, 50 fine, saw d etc or even pictures of the synth in the instrument view.

EDIT: this already exists. great first post by me. i'll be standing in the corner if anyone needs me.

jestermgee

Re: Share your secrets! HA, allow me to introduce myself

Post by jestermgee » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:37 pm

My advice to newcomers is to first ake a few weeks going through this forums 50,000 pages.... Then ask your question. Hard to get people to follow your lead when you are a virgin poster.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:26 pm

gotta love free booze..

dude rancher

Post by dude rancher » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:24 am

Welcome Jimmyslizz. the Ableton forum is one of the most toxic, hate filled, evil forums out there. people cant wait to cut you and say something negative. then again. a few here are the most enlightened on the planet. works both ways i guess.

kb420

Post by kb420 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:36 am

dude rancher wrote:the Ableton forum is one of the most toxic, hate filled, evil forums out there.
:twisted:
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

lunabass

Post by lunabass » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:52 am

dude rancher wrote:Welcome Jimmyslizz. the Ableton forum is one of the most toxic, hate filled, evil forums out there. people cant wait to cut you and say something negative. then again. a few here are the most enlightened on the planet. works both ways i guess.
:lol:
:: STAK ::
Music for Visual Media
www.staksounds.com
@staksounds

rdevries

Post by rdevries » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:17 am

JimmySlizz wrote: i'll be standing in the corner if anyone needs me.
I'll take the opportunity to abuse this thread and ask you to please come out of your corner (no need to be in there anyway)and review my music because noone else will :cry:
beware though, it's not electronic:

http://vries.bandcamp.com/

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:24 am

rdevries wrote:
I'll take the opportunity to abuse this thread and ask you to please come out of your corner (no need to be in there anyway)and review my music because noone else will :cry:

No one here really reviews anyone's music. I like to now and then and would now if I weren't in hospital. Didn't bring headphones so don't wanna piss off the old guy across from me.

rdevries

Post by rdevries » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:34 am

jestermgee wrote:
rdevries wrote:

No one here really reviews anyone's music. I like to now and then and would now if I weren't in hospital. Didn't bring headphones so don't wanna piss off the old guy across from me.
don''t worry, it's actually music for old guys, he may have some valuable insights.
Get well soon!

xzusa8ky

Post by xzusa8ky » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:55 pm

jestermgee wrote:My advice to newcomers is to first ake a few weeks going through this forums 50,000 pages.... Then ask your question. Hard to get people to follow your lead when you are a virgin poster.
:lol:
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

JimmySlizz

Post by JimmySlizz » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:58 pm

dude rancher wrote:Welcome Jimmyslizz. the Ableton forum is one of the most toxic, hate filled, evil forums out there. people cant wait to cut you and say something negative.
classic internet ha

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:36 pm

JimmySlizz wrote:
dude rancher wrote:Welcome Jimmyslizz. the Ableton forum is one of the most toxic, hate filled, evil forums out there. people cant wait to cut you and say something negative.
classic internet ha
so far.. only one hatin'..

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:42 pm

dude rancher wrote:Welcome Jimmyslizz. the Ableton forum is one of the most toxic, hate filled, evil forums out there. people cant wait to cut you and say something negative. then again. a few here are the most enlightened on the planet. works both ways i guess.
Oh wow, good for you
Ableton | Elektron

Music