Anyone tried SKYRIM?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
methodamericon

Re: Anyone tried SKYRIM?

Post by methodamericon » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:00 am

Just logged out of reddit.com until the skyrim, bw3, mw3, etc. thing dies down. Came to ableton forums. First topic I see? Skyrim. Ugh.... Sorry, not a gamer. But to each their own. Have fun.
After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music. -- Aldous Huxley

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:57 pm

While we wait for David to move this thread to the Lounge:

I played Oblivion for a good while, but didn't finish it. Mostly because of the boring and endlessly repeating "hell-gates". And the world leveling with you thing, I hated that! The whole point of getting xp is that you can grow strong, and go back beating up those bully's once beating you. With Oblivion, the world levels with you, so there is no real feeling of getting stronger. Thats to me the main pay of in these types of role playing games. Also I dont like the silly donkey head humanoids. I can barely live with elves and hobbits. But that's just me I guess. I love fallout though. :P But there's a few things tempting me with this game. The nature and the whole viking theme is inspired from my home country. And that's kinda exiting personally, since this is a very small country, and not at all one of the "big old cultures". (Mayans, Romans, Egyptians, japans old empires, etc) The nature is really dramatic, and is perfect for this type of game. The viking story is also cool, and has inspired the likes of Tolkien, (Lord of the Rings) and many others. And music genres like black metal.

In my dream world, this would be a perfect role playing game if it was no fantasy in it. The old viking story is more then enough without Harry potter magic. Anyway..

How is Skyrim in regards to what I felt about Oblivion?
Id like to here what is not so good about it, because we always here the good things!
Last edited by ze2be on Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:16 pm

scutheotaku wrote: (Good stuff)
That sets it then, im of to the game shop. :D

I was between war in the north and skyrim. (demo and videos of war in the north are great at Onlive, but I cant rent the game over here yet. Only uk and usa)

And yes, ive playe fallout 1, 2 and 3 many times. 1 and 2 still favorites, because I deeply loved the turnbased cowboy feel. And the super darkness terminator-kill-all-life feel, acompanied by ice cold ambient music, spiced with tribal sounds and analog distorted synths and guitars. But 3 was good also, just a different game in the same universe.

salatspinatra

Post by salatspinatra » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:21 pm

These days, the only way I can write off time playing games is when I'm evaluating the audio. Does this title use an adaptive sound engine or just loops? What kind of studio set up did they use? etc etc. Sure enough, if the game is really hot, I kind of root for there to be some good lessons in the audio to justify giving it a go.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:43 pm

salatspinatra wrote:These days, the only way I can write off time playing games is when I'm evaluating the audio. Does this title use an adaptive sound engine or just loops? What kind of studio set up did they use? etc etc. Sure enough, if the game is really hot, I kind of root for there to be some good lessons in the audio to justify giving it a go.
Check out Red Dead Redemption!
Last edited by ze2be on Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rationalizer

Post by Rationalizer » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:17 pm

Yeah, def. Lounge material.

I made the error of installing Civilization 5 about a week ago and haven't made ANY music since. I don't intend to make the same mistake with Skyrim.
WIN8.1 x64 | Suite 9.5 x64 | RME FF400 | UAD-2 | Maschine 2 | SparkLE | Mopho | Blodeld | Komplete 9 | Ebony A2 | Adam A7 | Launchpad | Waves Diamond V9 | Many VSTs

Facebook | Youtube | Soundcloud | Beatport

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:45 pm

God damit! Sold out in the 4 closest stores!

What about Steam, is it there? For PC.

edit: yup, its there.

Nilus

Post by Nilus » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:32 am

What is the player perspective in game play? First person, optional, etc...
http://www.nilusrothschild.com
Interests: Displacing Space

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:49 pm

I had some problems with my net connection last night, but today it works. Im downloading and installing Skyrim from Steam, and its almost done! :D

..while waiting for that, I found something interesting on Gamespy. If anyone of you are interested in Diablo 3 and MMOs, have a look at this beauty: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxenADDt ... r_embedded

And if you would like to tweak Skyrim, have a look at this:
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/elder-scrolls-v/1212293p1.html

rosti

Post by rosti » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:56 pm

Just ordered Skyrim for Xbox360.

Then its just a matter of getting a Xbox somewhere... :lol:
(searching the interwebs for best offers)

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:40 pm

They actually got the accents pretty well! I can hear if its a swed, icelander, or even if its a west or east side norwegian. Impressed! The snow is also really good. The sound and graphics of wind and dry snow that hits you in the face from the ground, in super cold mountains is spot on. And the nature, its norway. Now you been there ;)

Rationalizer

Post by Rationalizer » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:41 am

Rationalizer wrote:I made the error of installing Civilization 5 about a week ago and haven't made ANY music since. I don't intend to make the same mistake with Skyrim.
F*ck, bought it yesterday. Played just the first mission but man does it look great. So I guess it's goodbye to my plans on creating an EP this holiday season. Oh well...
WIN8.1 x64 | Suite 9.5 x64 | RME FF400 | UAD-2 | Maschine 2 | SparkLE | Mopho | Blodeld | Komplete 9 | Ebony A2 | Adam A7 | Launchpad | Waves Diamond V9 | Many VSTs

deanthomastunes

Post by deanthomastunes » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:50 am

I was going to play it, but then I took an arrow to the knee.
Progressive/Tech/Uplifting Trance
Soundcloud | Facebook | Twitter

LATEST RELEASES
BUY HERE

Rationalizer

Post by Rationalizer » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:52 am

deanthomastunes wrote:I was going to play it, but then I took an arrow to the knee.
And then you were like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHbPgDvAvf0

login

Post by login » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:28 pm

I got Diablo 3 beta and forgot about Skrym.

The full game is going to be a blast. And since it has a more paused pace it's easier to control time playing.