Is this forum boring?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ilya.soloviev

Re: Is this forum boring?

Post by ilya.soloviev » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:47 pm

3 years i've been making music with Ableton Live...am i bored? NO! :mrgreen:

ilya.soloviev

Post by ilya.soloviev » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:50 pm

I doubt a new version of Live will make you a better musician/producer

Stop sit on your butt reading forum, jump to sequencer and make some noize...Thats it!

rpc9943

Post by rpc9943 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:54 pm

simmerdown wrote:i was thinking it was really great, now all the regulars have convinced me it sucks balls
good, that way all of the people who post threads who say things like "d0oD th1s sucks balls" will be weeded out and the more intellectually minded people who really create music that is meaningful will be contributing instead of "DJ's" who trigger pre-made loops with huge egos will find other forum homes.
http://theconsolationproject.bandcamp.com
Influenced by The Cure, Smiths, early Verve, My Bloody Valentine, Radiohead, Red House Painters, Cocteau Twins, The Church.

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:17 pm

rpc9943 wrote:
simmerdown wrote:i was thinking it was really great, now all the regulars have convinced me it sucks balls
good, that way all of the people who post threads who say things like "d0oD th1s sucks balls" will be weeded out and the more intellectually minded people who really create music that is meaningful will be contributing instead of "DJ's" who trigger pre-made loops with huge egos will find other forum homes.
who are you, mother teresa?, check the size of your own ego why don't you, Mr Real Musician...

kb420

Post by kb420 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:26 pm

rpc9943 wrote:Let's face it, if you think that the next big thing is an upgrade to software, and if a forum about the software is boring/exciting... You probably aren't really a musician/songwriter who is spending their time with that. You sound like a software enthusiast/spectator. Maybe you'd have more fun looking at KVR's hosts forum or something.

QFT!!!!!
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

gromgrom

Post by gromgrom » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:46 pm

jestermgee wrote:
gromgrom wrote:This forum needs a gear subpage. I would be all over that one ;)
There is gearsluts but yeah, I wondered why there was never a hardware page here.
That is exactly why i haunt gearslutz :)

rpc9943

Post by rpc9943 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:03 pm

simmerdown wrote:
rpc9943 wrote:
who are you, mother teresa?, check the size of your own ego why don't you, Mr Real Musician...
Just calling a spade a spade. It has nothing to do with me having an ego. What's wrong with saying my perspective of the truth that I've seen in my experiences? Take your username's advice and simmer down.
Influenced by The Cure, Smiths, early Verve, My Bloody Valentine, Radiohead, Red House Painters, Cocteau Twins, The Church.

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:15 pm

no

simpleton

Post by simpleton » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:17 pm

ilya.soloviev wrote:3 years i've been making music with Ableton Live...am i bored? NO! :mrgreen:
I didn't say Live was boring I said their forum is boring because they haven't been as innovative as in the past. They and Pro Tools are the only DAW's that are not 64 bit!
On the other hand Native Instruments delivered a 64 bit version of a discontinued product(Kore) and they released new driver version for Maschine! Now that's what I call staying ahead of the curve!
The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.

rpc9943

Post by rpc9943 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:20 pm

Live is still innovative. They could wait 5 years and still be ahead of the curve.

;)

ilya.soloviev

Post by ilya.soloviev » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:22 pm

simpleton wrote:
ilya.soloviev wrote:3 years i've been making music with Ableton Live...am i bored? NO! :mrgreen:
I didn't say Live was boring I said their forum is boring because they haven't been as innovative as in the past. They and Pro Tools are the only DAW's that are not 64 bit!
On the other hand Native Instruments delivered a 64 bit version of a discontinued product(Kore) and they released new driver version for Maschine! Now that's what I call staying ahead of the curve!
Would agree on 64bit...i need it too. But other than that Live 8 still enough to make a great music :wink:

eflatt

Post by eflatt » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:44 pm

Tone Deft wrote:fcuk the forum, Live is still awesome after all these years. the forum is just a way to kill time at work.

if it's boring then come up with better threads than this one. ;) PLEASE!
When I saw the topic I am saying Yes....here comes Tone and sure enough its T to the rescue.
One good thing about music...when it hits..you feel no pain..[-Bob Marley....."Trench Town Rock"}

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:49 pm

simpleton wrote:I didn't say Live was boring I said their forum is boring because they haven't been as innovative as in the past. They and Pro Tools are the only DAW's that are not...
the forum is not the software. :roll: you have the web and can't find a better way to amuse yourself?

goddamn guitars haven't changed forever! musicians find new ways to use them. think about it.

rpc9943 wrote:You sound like a software enthusiast/spectator.
hilarious post. BUT those guys are definitely worth their posts, annoying or not. the people that beg for Live 9 and whine about Live 8 bugs are the ones that really help push Ableton to get their act together. they're maybe not the most interesting people but on a music software forum they're on target, we benefit from them.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:59 pm

lol, yawnsville forum there ^^^^

(if they make sweeping changes to be like other daws, removing arrangement for example (which i doubt will happen), imma just stick with this version)

this is a highly entertaining thread, therefore a highly entertaining forum.