TouchAble 1.3 released -more than 30 new features

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
kooperativ

Re: TouchAble 1.3 released -more than 30 new features

Post by kooperativ » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:00 pm

Hey Dan,

Sorry to probably disappoint you:
The loop mode works outside of abletons own loop engine and pretty much adds a secondary 'hot-loop' looping-flag to the Clips. It remembers the Clips loop & playing settings and then sets its own loop. If you now press the keep loop button, touchAble simply forgets Lives old values for these loops and sets the currently selected ones as the new standard. If you on the other hand deactivate the loop touchAble will restore the loop that was set in Live and return to normal playback.

Max for live should be able to do something like this though. Easiest way might be to automatically record into another track for a set length?
Not sure right now, but i'll take a deeper look!

Would love to just have access to the simple keybindings, copy & paste, delete etc..

Chris

asha.dan

Post by asha.dan » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:11 pm

Thanks for letting me know. Not being able to reliable copy/paste/duplicate clips has been a long term challenge in m4l and the API

I have used the max aka.keyboard object to send key presses as a work around.

For example to duplicate a clip, I set the application focus to the appropriate view, (live_app view focus_view) Unfortunately the focus is not specific enough, so you might be focusing on the highlighted_clip_slot or on the track, depending on what was previously selected by the user. To get around that more key presses are necessary (option up, then option Down before pressing apple-d).

Actually works well for duplicate. The keyboard can also be used to do things like zoom in and out of clips, copy and paste and even set the start point whilst the clip is playing without changing the current playing_position. But all this requires multiple key strokes and after playing with it for a few hours it is till not 100% reliable.

Thanks anyway!

Dan

rabouille

Post by rabouille » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:55 am

TouchAble 1.3.2 is waiting for Apple's approval.
The last connection issues will be fixed for the few users who didn't get improvement from the last 1.3.1 fixes. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your continued patience. Available in the coming days.

jkant

Post by jkant » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:46 am

Hi,
touchable is brilliant, i think it's best app to control live. Better than Lemur (Blasphemy!) :)
While testing 1.3.3 found an issue, don't know if a bug: if you delete a track, xyz pads assignments in subsequent tracks (not in previous) are lost.

A quick and dirty mashup made with touchable and touchable racks (great ones!):

http://soundcloud.com/jkant/soundcloud-fav-mash-up

:)

ambientidm

Post by ambientidm » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:41 pm

wow it just keeps getting better and better

but a couple of suggestions

an option to hide mutes but keep a track select button and cue at the bottom

ambientidm

Post by ambientidm » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:20 pm