Is this forum boring?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
FrankieP

Re: Is this forum boring?

Post by FrankieP » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:14 pm

Electric Blue Studios wrote:you want to read a boring forum, check out the sony acid one:
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/for ... ?ForumID=1
I'm surprised that Sony has yet to discontinue Acid. And I'm more surprised that it still has a dedicated forum.

You know what this forum needs? Somebody should start a "What synth for Tarnce" thread or something. That'll keep this forum buzzing! :D

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:19 pm

jestermgee wrote:
gromgrom wrote:This forum needs a gear subpage. I would be all over that one ;)
There is gearsluts but yeah, I wondered why there was never a hardware page here.
will never happen.

Ableton wants you to buy their software. if their forum turned people onto hardware and they spent money on that instead of Live Suite instruments, that's bad for business.

FWIW remember, Novation makes the Launch Pad, Akai make the APCs.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

gromgrom

Post by gromgrom » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:12 am

Tone Deft wrote:
jestermgee wrote:
gromgrom wrote:This forum needs a gear subpage. I would be all over that one ;)
There is gearsluts but yeah, I wondered why there was never a hardware page here.
will never happen.

Ableton wants you to buy their software. if their forum turned people onto hardware and they spent money on that instead of Live Suite instruments, that's bad for business.

FWIW remember, Novation makes the Launch Pad, Akai make the APCs.
Good point, but this kind of makes me sad... Oh well, theres still gearslutz so who needs the ableton forum!

Just joking.. This forum could be worse and theres at least one interesting thread every other week ;)

login

Post by login » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:30 pm

Is this OP trolling?

Komodovaran

Post by Komodovaran » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:36 pm

Why hasn't beats me posted in this thread yet?

:x

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:41 pm

i wrote something and then edited it with this because I completely misunderstood.

evilevilerevilest

Post by evilevilerevilest » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:47 pm

I have also wandereed where is Evilevilevilevilevil when you need me! I have been on further travelings in the high mountains in search of epic leads. I will report back later!
Star power!

Hermanus

Post by Hermanus » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:47 pm

rpc9943 wrote:Live is still innovative. They could wait 5 years and still be ahead of the curve.

;)
At this point I wouldn't be so sure.

5 years can kill a company if there's no serious move

Let's take this image:
Ableton release Live9 in 2017...
what would happen?

Bitwig has released their software since 2012, many ableton users have moved to it or to another daw.

They cant keep their user for ages with only M4L devices or free puremagnetik synth or discounts.
Many things have to be enhanced.
Just the simple fact that you cant automate anything you have under your mouse click in live.

SOLO buttons, not taken in count if you global record :evil: what a shame for considering those solo buttons this way.
And this is just the most basic example of things to modify.

maxForLive was a great idea but has violently slowed the development process imo

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:24 am

ha ha the evil!

funny, the only other old poster that disappeared around the same time as evilevil.... is Adonis!

can the two of you talk at the same time or drink a glass of water so we know it's not you?

skatr2

Post by skatr2 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:54 am

to what the OP originally stated...no controversy can be described as having arrived. No controversy means they have for the most part beat down alot of the demons and hiccups that have plagued 8 since release. At least this is how I see it. Its a good thing...relish in the fact that nothing is happening and we can all make music without having to relearn the next product release. :)

lunabass

Post by lunabass » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:44 am

Forge. wrote:funny, the only other old poster that disappeared around the same time as evilevil.... is Adonis!
hmmm curious

:: STAK ::
Music for Visual Media
www.staksounds.com
@staksounds

simpleton

Post by simpleton » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:35 am

skatr2 wrote:to what the OP originally stated...no controversy can be described as having arrived. No controversy means they have for the most part beat down alot of the demons and hiccups that have plagued 8 since release...
The only worse thing than no controversy is lack of excitement for a product. Which usually means it's grown stale. :?
The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.

piZMo

Post by piZMo » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:54 am

evilevilerevilest wrote:I have also wandereed where is Evilevilevilevilevil when you need me! I have been on further travelings in the high mountains in search of epic leads. I will report back later!
please i am needing epic new chart topping singles leads for my new massive hits no.1 tarnce albums project :lol:

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:41 pm

I'm surprised that Sony has yet to discontinue Acid. And I'm more surprised that it still has a dedicated forum.
They should've starting working on merging Vegas and Acid into one years ago...
Last edited by regretfullySaid on Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:51 pm

as to the op: no