Is this forum boring?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
skatr2

Re: Is this forum boring?

Post by skatr2 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:33 pm

simpleton wrote:
skatr2 wrote:to what the OP originally stated...no controversy can be described as having arrived. No controversy means they have for the most part beat down alot of the demons and hiccups that have plagued 8 since release...
The only worse thing than no controversy is lack of excitement for a product. Which usually means it's grown stale. :?
Speak for yourself. As a neweruser, I am still have a million things to learn and try. But to be honest...some people won't be happy or satisfied regardless of whats on their plate...and typically those are the ones who take to forums like this.

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:30 pm

oh theres a spicy lil comment!

jimmynitcher

Post by jimmynitcher » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:36 pm

A psychologist would say the OP is 'projecting'

William

Post by William » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:52 pm

skatr2 wrote:
simpleton wrote:
skatr2 wrote:to what the OP originally stated...no controversy can be described as having arrived. No controversy means they have for the most part beat down alot of the demons and hiccups that have plagued 8 since release...
The only worse thing than no controversy is lack of excitement for a product. Which usually means it's grown stale. :?
Speak for yourself. As a neweruser, I am still have a million things to learn and try. But to be honest...some people won't be happy or satisfied regardless of whats on their plate...and typically those are the ones who take to forums like this.
True.

Meanwhile Wolfgang Gartner, Chris Lake, Skrillex, Dada Life, etc etc are making global bangers with Ableton Live, while some people here do nothing but complain.

Don't get me wrong, there are some really annoying things that need to be improved/updated, but those things shouldn't stop you from making music.
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/rimby

i7-3770K 3.5GHz
16GB RAM
256GB SSD, 1TB 7200HD

Windows 8

Live 9

mholloway

Post by mholloway » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:02 pm

simpleton wrote:Let's face it, Ableton hasn't released a new version in nearly two years! All I see is people talking about other products. There's no excitement, no controversy even. Three more months of this and people won't care if Live 9 is released. By contrast the Maschine forum is abuzzing with excitement.

So if it's not new, it's not good?

silliness.

-M
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

simpleton

Post by simpleton » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:15 am

mholloway wrote:
So if it's not new, it's not good?

-M
Is the concept of a 64 bit DAW really new? Is it still considered a luxury in your mind?
The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:46 am

William wrote: Meanwhile Wolfgang Gartner, Chris Lake, Skrillex, Dada Life, etc etc are making global bangers with Ableton Live, while some people here do nothing but complain.

Don't get me wrong, there are some really annoying things that need to be improved/updated, but those things shouldn't stop you from making music.
How can they do this on a 32 bit DAW ???

Has the world gone completely fucking mad???? 8O

:lol:

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:20 am

Sibanger wrote:
William wrote: Meanwhile Wolfgang Gartner, Chris Lake, Skrillex, Dada Life, etc etc are making global bangers with Ableton Live, while some people here do nothing but complain.

How can they do this on a 32 bit DAW ???

Has the world gone completely fucking mad???? 8O

:lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: