Auditioning sounds with programmed patterns and through fx?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
XAXAU

Auditioning sounds with programmed patterns and through fx?

Post by XAXAU » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:01 pm

Fuzzy topic, I know. Let me clarify.

When I was starting out with making music I used Reason and the Redrum drummachine where one could program a pattern then change the sound on the fly. It's the sort of feature that can make me go out and get Reason. Although I would rewire the drums it into something I'm more familiar with.

Set's say I've programmed a 4/4 bassdrum in Ableton on a midi track with a player (Simpler, Sampler or Impulse) on it. As the track is playing back, I want to audition sounds, but I also want it to play the corresponding pattern I programmed for it, not just hear it once, although in sync. Hot swapping from the bottom right corner of the waveform in for example, the Simpler, keeps the device's setting, but does not do what I wish for.

I also want the option for it to go through any fx I've set up on that channel to hear if it's sounding right in context to the track (or whatever).

Why do I want this? It's super fast and more fun to make music!

If there's a way to do this, or a workaround with Max, I'd be a very happy camper. Or maybe you know of a sample player that can can change sounds on the fly, playing back the programmed beat, please let me know.

Thanks for a good forum!

Happy new year 2012!!!

Der_Makrophag

Re: Auditioning sounds with programmed patterns and through fx?

Post by Der_Makrophag » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:29 pm

I am no tsure, but hot swapping racks would do the trick or? Bu tI guess you can't do this in the actual version of Live, or can you?

This way you could step through your Instrument Racks and instrument and effects are changed at the same time... or did I misunderstand you?
My English is not perfect, I know... Sorry about that.

Greetings from Germany!

P.S. to wishlist forum users: Please search for former requests. Otherwise they will be splitted into many small ones and we are loosing impact!!!