aurex SAMPLEDECK X2 free app for Launchpad - NO M4L/bome/...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Sarrova-Q

aurex SAMPLEDECK X2 free app for Launchpad - NO M4L/bome/...

Post by Sarrova-Q » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:03 pm

Hi there!

I'm very happy to announce you my newest app: SampleDeck X2 for novation's Launchpad.

SAMPLEDECK X2:
This time you get more FX, two Decks with XF and routing on the fly!

SampleDeck is a realtime sampling and remix device for the Novation Launchpad.
It uses 2 'samplers' to capture a loop while your song is playing and you have the ability to switch the audio to one of the samplers at any time you want. The Remix Sampler samples a 1 bar or 1/2 bar loop, it chops it up in slices and let's you rearrange the slices in any way you want. The Flex Sampler samples a loop (as long as you like) and let's you do Vinyl-like actions such as stopping/starting the plate, doing a backspin, reversing, ... You can remix and transform everything you want: just a loop, full songs when dj-ing or even a realtime input to remix a live band on the fly. On top of that, SampleDeck also includes several effects sections to spice things up. I included a manual to explain all of it's functions and buttons and a video to see what's new for the X2 version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPg1BnOuNvM

You don't need M4L / Bome / ... to use this, just make sure you have a Launchpad and Live 8.1.3 or higher.

More info and downloads:
http://www.aurexmusic.com/lpdownloads
http://facebook.com/aurexmusic

Have Fun!

http://facebook.com/aurexmusic
Last edited by Sarrova-Q on Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

starving student

Re: aurex SAMPLEDECK X2 free app for Launchpad - NO M4L/bome/...

Post by starving student » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:39 pm

wonderful wonderful wonderful is the only way to describe your stuff Aurex, but is there a way that you could make a tutorial for the slowpokes like myself, you move so fast it's intimidating sometimes :)

Warrior Bob

Post by Warrior Bob » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:40 pm

Your stuff is always awesome and clever, Aurex :)

Sarrova-Q

Post by Sarrova-Q » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:53 pm

Thanks!

Starving Student: what did you have in mind?
What aspects do you want me to explain / show?
Do you want that vid to go about SampleDeck X2 or also some of my other apps?

If you post some topics you want me to explain and demo more extensive, please post them here and I'll make a vid about them.

I can't explain how I MADE these apps however as that would take way too much time I really don't have (I'm doing these apps in my free time).
But I would be happy to explain more thoroughly how everything can be used.

All the best
aurex

starving student

Post by starving student » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:13 pm

I'm not asking how you make the apps, just how to use the sampledecks and mashers. not really too different from what you've done but just a little slower for the dullards out there that I represent so well :mrgreen: , I love how fast you move around your apps it's just going to take me a while to get there, basically I guess I'm asking for some 80bpm tutorials lol

Sarrova-Q

Post by Sarrova-Q » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:44 pm

starving student wrote:I'm not asking how you make the apps, just how to use the sampledecks and mashers. not really too different from what you've done but just a little slower for the dullards out there that I represent so well :mrgreen: , I love how fast you move around your apps it's just going to take me a while to get there, basically I guess I'm asking for some 80bpm tutorials lol
Ah I see!

That can be arranged, I'll upload something like that asap.
Now looking for an 80 bpm track to start with :p

starving student

Post by starving student » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:53 pm

You are a class act Sarrova-Q (Aurex)

Sarrova-Q

Post by Sarrova-Q » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:32 pm

Hi starving student (and all others of course :p) I finished the vid today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdj1LLUrCvU

I explain SampleDeck X2 and you also get a quick preview for my next Launchpad app (looks simple but I spend weeks developing and building this - it's actually my most complex device until now and the first you can actually drag into an already existing set. Just a few simple macro mappings and you can use it in every set you're working in).
Hope you like it, sorry for my awful-belgian-english but I had to give too much information to put it in text blocks :)

All the best
SQ/RX

starving student

Post by starving student » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:57 pm

wow thanks Sarrova-Q, checking this out right now

starving student

Post by starving student » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:33 pm

Bravo! Bravo! this is exactly what I was talking about. This is very helpful.

Putenbrust

Post by Putenbrust » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:21 pm

Hi! Just started working with your Sampledeck X2 and it really is an awesome app! Thank you big time for devoting all your time and efforts into these, it's unbelievable how you did all this without M4L.

I am, however, experiencing little problems with the device: For example, the LED sequence lights won't show up no matter if I press the button in the lower left corner or not - there is also some other issues with lights on the effects row (the circular buttons to the right - it's the 4th one) not turning on when I press them and some problems with the vinyl record playing stuff outside the timeframe, although that might just be my fault :-). I have tried to find out what is wrong, but even disconnecting all other inputs and re-reading your (very good btw) instructions didn't help. Does anybody struggle with the same things? What could possibly be wrong? I updated my USB Launchpad drivers, I'm using a USB Hub, I suppose that can't be part of the problem? Using Windows 7 64-bit, newest Ableton Version (8.2.7), Korg NanoPad and Nanokontrol with MYR scripting.

Sorry for the vague description of the symptoms,if you have any idea where to look closer I can give a more detailed bug report.

M

Sarrova-Q

Post by Sarrova-Q » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:15 pm

Putenbrust wrote:Hi! Just started working with your Sampledeck X2 and it really is an awesome app! Thank you big time for devoting all your time and efforts into these, it's unbelievable how you did all this without M4L.

I am, however, experiencing little problems with the device: For example, the LED sequence lights won't show up no matter if I press the button in the lower left corner or not - there is also some other issues with lights on the effects row (the circular buttons to the right - it's the 4th one) not turning on when I press them and some problems with the vinyl record playing stuff outside the timeframe, although that might just be my fault :-). I have tried to find out what is wrong, but even disconnecting all other inputs and re-reading your (very good btw) instructions didn't help. Does anybody struggle with the same things? What could possibly be wrong? I updated my USB Launchpad drivers, I'm using a USB Hub, I suppose that can't be part of the problem? Using Windows 7 64-bit, newest Ableton Version (8.2.7), Korg NanoPad and Nanokontrol with MYR scripting.

Sorry for the vague description of the symptoms,if you have any idea where to look closer I can give a more detailed bug report.

M
Hi Putenbrust

If you open up the SampleDeck X2 group track you will see all the data tracks I used (in dark grey).
Can you check if the "Light..." tracks still send their data to your Launchpad?
Because if you have multiple devices/Launchpads it is possible you have to adjust the routing in some cases.
I have "Launchpad Output (Launchpad)" and "Launchpad (Port 2)" as available outs for both my Launchpads for example.
If your routing is correct, the text of the midi outputs should be black. If not it will be light grey.

Hope this helps, your description is really pointing out to me that your routing of these data "Light" tracks is incorrect at the moment.

For your vinyl timing issue: Make sure you always press the "clear" button before you sample something new.
If your last action was the plate stop for example, and you don't press the clear button you will hear nothing for the new sample (cause the plate has stopped) and you can't push clear at that time because it will start your sample but in no relation to the actual beat (so without quantise). Okay actually really simple but pretty hard to describe :)
Just follow these rules and you should be okay:

1. Press the "CLEAR" button
2. REC and PLAY your sample
3. Perform 1 Vinyl action, no more (example: NOT "backspin" and right after that "clear" because your loop will be out of sync if you do that)
4. Press the STOP button (after that it's best to press Clear so you don't forget it for your next sample)

All the best
SQ / RX

jonbongjovi

Post by jonbongjovi » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:47 am

Hay man I just got a launchpad and your sampledeck is sweet! nice work..

Oh yeh and thanks for the noob tutorial.. it helped me get my thick head around it ..

Just one quick question tho is there any way to stop the audio from glitching when changing between session/user1/user2?

Sarrova-Q

Post by Sarrova-Q » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:33 am

jonbongjovi wrote:Hay man I just got a launchpad and your sampledeck is sweet! nice work..

Oh yeh and thanks for the noob tutorial.. it helped me get my thick head around it ..

Just one quick question tho is there any way to stop the audio from glitching when changing between session/user1/user2?
Hmm I honestly don't know why that happens for a few people.
I never experienced any glitching here, could it be your audio buffer size?
Or maybe your midi connection/usb hubs/processor/audio interface ...
I work on a Macbook Pro, 8GB ram with 2 belkin powered usb hubs and a RME Fireface.
Problem is that I can't search for a solution as I simply can't recreate the problem.

jonbongjovi

Post by jonbongjovi » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:22 pm

Cheers cranking up the audio buffer to the max fixed it.. I'm having alot of fun with this.. thanks again and keep up the good work!