All this about sound quality

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dbfs

Re: All this about sound quality

Post by dbfs » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:27 am

Tarekith wrote:So I look lame IF I defend myself, but I also look lame if I DON'T?
I like where this is going. This is good stuff.

Yes and... Yes. :lol: But there are variables here that you are not taking into account. :!:

Your lame because you didn't defend yourself initially. But then you become even more lame when you actually admit to being lame and creepy.

There was no way to win that one for you. It was a catch 22 from the start. :idea: Sorry about that one :oops:

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:30 am

Where in this thread did I admit to being lame and creepy?

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:31 am

this is trolling 101

this guy does not even believe what he's saying.

but not clever, or funny, or even witty, we have basically a sad and lame troll :cry:

Last edited by simmerdown on Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

newboss

Post by newboss » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:33 am

dbfs wrote:
Tarekith wrote:So I look lame IF I defend myself, but I also look lame if I DON'T?
I like where this is going. This is good stuff.

Yes and... Yes. :lol: But there are variables here that you are not taking into account. :!:

Your lame because you didn't defend yourself initially. But then you become even more lame when you actually admit to being lame and creepy.

There was no way to win that one for you. It was a catch 22 from the start. :idea: Sorry about that one :oops:
could you maybe stop it and get some proper tests done?

but what would be propper tests? by now we know that its necessary to do it in the mix.. and its possble that plug ins need to be involved.. so we would need free but high quality plugs that are available to every one to make tests reproduce able.

any ideas what plugs might be suitable?

some free airwindows au´s? any other ideas?

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:39 am

dbfs wrote:
Tarekith wrote:And where in this thread did I defend myself?
And in our culture, not defending yourself is seen as a weak trait. Just sayin... Blame life I suppose...

Isn't there a subject that you could be writing about in third person right now?
Look out... Here comes the missile attack.

dbfs

Post by dbfs » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:43 am

simmerdown wrote:this is trolling 101

this guy does not even believe what he's saying.

but not clever, or funny, or even witty, we have basically a sad and lame troll :cry:
Oh no, I think your mistaken. I believe what I'm saying. I just don't believe what your saying. See the difference? :wink: It's always trolling when you disagree with the "troll", right? Anyone that goes against the grain is considered a troll - so that argument is old and washed up and doesn't really apply to this thread.

I believe there are differences and I am pretty adamant about it. No one is willing to humor a possible reason as to why. That's cool! Its to be expected by people who aren't into "change" and progress.

Anyway, I really would love to stay and talk, but Jesus Christ, I've literally spent like 6 hours on this thread today. And I really do need to go. This is a bit unhealthy. But yeah.. 6 hours. That's a lot of time wasted just "trolling" and shit! I'm only at like 90 posts or something.. Just think how many hours I would have to invest in order to have 10k posts like Tarekith. I mean.. wow... I would never make any music or have any time to be a mastering engineer on the side. It would be like a full time job being a know it all on the interwebz. That would suck! :lol:

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:46 am

It's very difficult for sure, I struggle daily with trying to find time for it all.

masterblasterofdisaster

Post by masterblasterofdisaster » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:49 am

"I believe there are differences and I am pretty adamant about it."

When you're taking a break on the ad hominem attacks, you should think about how to make your case and let us know!

I'll listen, even if the others think you come off as a bit of a twat.

dbfs

Post by dbfs » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:49 am

Tarekith wrote:It's very difficult for sure, I struggle daily with trying to find time for it all.
Ya know what? At least your funny, unlike that clown "H2O." I laughed out loud. I really did! :D

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:52 am

trolling-
1.Being a prick on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can.

2.Trolling is trying to get a rise out of someone. Forcing them to respond to you, either through wise-crackery, posting incorrect information, asking blatantly stupid questions, or other foolishness. However, trolling statements are never true or are ever meant to be construed as such. Nearly all trolled statements are meant to be funny to some people(not the case here, 'humor' not a factor)

3. "Feeding the Trolls". This is when people say stuff that they know will prompt someone to respond with a trolled reply and/or replying to comments that are blatantly from a troll. This is especially true when a troll first makes his comment/reply, and (usually many) people respond, either trying to correct the troll, or express anger at the statement. At that point, the trolling was successful and has been fed. When encouraged by success and feeding, trolls often return. (grief)

The most essential part of trolling is convincing your victim that either a) truly believe in what you are saying, no matter how outrageous, or b) give your victim malicious instructions, under the guise of help.
Trolling requires decieving; any trolling that doesn't involve decieving someone isn't trolling at all; it's just stupid. As such, your victim must not know that you are trolling; if he does, you are an unsuccesful troll.

Signs that your trolling is unsuccesful:
*Your victim identifying you as a troll.
*Identifying yourself as a troll.
*Your efforts being ignored.
*Being counter-trolled
Last edited by simmerdown on Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

dbfs

Post by dbfs » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:55 am

masterblasterofdisaster wrote:"I believe there are differences and I am pretty adamant about it."

When you're taking a break on the ad hominem attacks, you should think about how to make your case and let us know!

Nice! A new player in the game! God, I cant resist it!

Doesn't someone have to actually make a claim of something in order to put an ad hominem attack on them? And the irony with your posts, is that the whole thread is basically an ad hominem against me. :lol:

You aren't really interested either - You're just another one of those "You prove it first" guys... Isn't it past your bedtime?

Next :arrow:

masterblasterofdisaster

Post by masterblasterofdisaster » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:56 am

'You're just another one of those "You prove it first" guys.'

??

dbfs

Post by dbfs » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:57 am

simmerdown wrote:trolling-
1.Being a prick on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can.

2.Trolling is trying to get a rise out of someone. Forcing them to respond to you, either through wise-crackery, posting incorrect information, asking blatantly stupid questions, or other foolishness. However, trolling statements are never true or are ever meant to be construed as such. Nearly all trolled statements are meant to be funny to some people(not the case here, 'humor' not a factor)

3. "Feeding the Trolls". This is when people say stuff that they know will prompt someone to respond with a trolled reply and/or replying to comments that are blatantly from a troll. This is especially true when a troll first makes his comment/reply, and (usually many) people respond, either trying to correct the troll, or express anger at the statement. At that point, the trolling was successful and has been fed. When encouraged by success and feeding, trolls often return. (grief)
And I'm ignoring you because, by your own posted definition, you are indeed a troll. Thanks for the clarification! But we knew it already... But thanks anyway! :wink:

masterblasterofdisaster

Post by masterblasterofdisaster » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:59 am

dbfs wrote:
masterblasterofdisaster wrote:"I believe there are differences and I am pretty adamant about it."

Nice! A new player in the game! God, I cant resist it!

Doesn't someone have to actually make a claim of something in order to put an ad hominem attack on them? And the irony with your posts, is that the whole thread is basically an ad hominem against me. :lol:

You aren't really interested either - You're just another one of those "You prove it first" guys... Isn't it past your bedtime?

Next :arrow:
Dude.

If you're making a claim, the onus is on you to provide evidence. If not, nobody fucking cares.

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:02 am

so, you are the innocent bystander that im trolling?

get help, or some rest, or both, maybe you will wake up not (like you are now)