How can you add more weight to your kick drums with sine

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
mickybeautron

Re: How can you add more weight to your kick drums with sine

Post by mickybeautron » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:54 pm

i mimic the kick with a sub from operator and fine tune its envelope to suit. init.
MacBook Pro 13" i5 - 8gb DDR3 - Dual ssd - Live 9 - Apogee Duet - Adam A5x

http://www.soundcloud.com/pidgeo

sanfoin

Post by sanfoin » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:42 am

RoCi wrote:dude you can edit in arrangement view, in sampler especially, you can warp audio, in your clip sample box you can reverse audio and pull up the envelope and fuck with all that. plus a lot more, i dont feel like typing.
wow you must know alot about Live. care to say more on the subject of editing audio, i mean you were just getting warmed up right? now you've left us all hanging in anticipation...

RoCi

Post by RoCi » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:05 am

sanfoin wrote:
RoCi wrote:dude you can edit in arrangement view, in sampler especially, you can warp audio, in your clip sample box you can reverse audio and pull up the envelope and fuck with all that. plus a lot more, i dont feel like typing.
wow you must know alot about Live. care to say more on the subject of editing audio, i mean you were just getting warmed up right? now you've left us all hanging in anticipation...
not really i just got better shit to do than to tell some dude that you CAN do a good amount of audio editing in live. im done here. not gonna waste anymore time so to whatever else you say, "Quite frankly i dont give a shit."

sanfoin

Post by sanfoin » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:18 am

so you're going to sine off? don't forget to close the gate behind you :)

RoCi

Post by RoCi » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:05 am

sanfoin wrote:so you're going to sine off? don't forget to close the gate behind you :)
ahhhhhhhhh nice one. nice one. that made me smile HUGE and a quiet laugh lol

Samaritan Sound

Post by Samaritan Sound » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:35 pm

I use Corpus when I want to add some subkick to an acoustic kick sound. I create a new track in the kit and pull the audio from the kick track. Corpus set for a deep thump, followed by EQ to LPF any overtones, and maybe some saturation to fattened it up a bit. Finally, a gate keyed off the kick to tighten it up.