Ableton! Will Live 9 be released before year 2015?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
friend_kami

Re: Ableton! Will Live 9 be released before year 2015?

Post by friend_kami » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:13 pm

rpc9943 wrote:I haven't heard the tracks, but dude 200+ tracks sounds absurd to me. Whatever you're doing, cool man. Maybe it's time to switch hosts, though if you're expecting to work with that many tracks realistically.

Yikes.

RonC
it's not about how many tracks i have, it's about what's in them.
if i have a selection of audio for 8 seconds it might have 40 different pieces of audio all compromised of several layers.
i don't fancy consolidating that until i am 100% sure it's what i want.
thus, my track count racks up.

it all depends on what you are trying to do.
some people never reach over 20 tracks, and that's fine.
i can easily have a percussion group reaching 50 tracks.
i can have an amtospheric/effects track group that goes up to 50 tracks pretty easily too.
i might not have alot of clips per track, but they all have their own audio racks and their own processing, and until i am happy with the result, they will stay per-track until it's finally time to consolidate it down to a layer, then repeat the process until you have a final track that you are happy with. then it's on to the next part.

oh, and for whoever guy who were asking about compensation, no; just because i work meticulously doesn't mean that i have a small penis.
it just means that i know exactly what i want and that i want control over what i do.
now go back to playing with your sidechained one note basslines and your boring 4 by 4 phat housebeatz omg.

zzzz..

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:16 pm

rpc9943 wrote::roll:

I just think why use ableton live if it can't handle 200 tracks zoomed in all the way, and hoping that it will suddenly work the way you want it to after live 9 comes out?

All I'm saying is I'm sure there's a better host for that kind of setup. If not, I'm not really sure what else to say about it.

RonC
the point being that it's unoptimized for real work, you tool.
do i need to spell it out for you as well?

typical projects of mine.
the first one is a very small sound design thing i did.
the other one is how zoomed in i work when doing my noise stuffs,
and the third one is one of my performance templates, in this case an 8 by 8 audio step sequencer + some other stuff.

so yeah. depends how you work.

dbfs

Post by dbfs » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:05 pm

H20nly wrote:
dbfs wrote:Now I'm some alter ego. :roll:
dbfs wrote:My username was mdb and it was banned in '08.
uh huH.
dbfs wrote:Speaking of insults, you should take a trip to New York, New York and talk to me about insults you sensitive babies.
it wasn't so much the apartment, as it was the locatioN :wink:

have a nice rampagE!

cids

Post by cids » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:27 pm

Mac Studio M2 Max and MacBook Pro M1

Genelec M030; Live 11.3.x and Live 12; macOS Sonoma

UAD Apollo Twin

Ableton Push 2

Hermanus

Post by Hermanus » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:37 pm

friend_kami wrote:
rpc9943 wrote:I haven't heard the tracks, but dude 200+ tracks sounds absurd to me. Whatever you're doing, cool man. Maybe it's time to switch hosts, though if you're expecting to work with that many tracks realistically.

Yikes.

RonC
if i have a selection of audio for 8 seconds it might have 40 different pieces of audio all compromised of several layers.

i can have an amtospheric/effects track group that goes up to 50 tracks pretty easily too.
i might not have alot of clips per track, but they all have their own audio racks and their own processing, and until i am happy with the result, they will stay per-track until it's finally time to consolidate it down to a layer, then repeat the process until you have a final track that you are happy with. then it's on to the next part.

oh, and for whoever guy who were asking about compensation, no; just because i work meticulously doesn't mean that i have a small penis.
it just means that i know exactly what i want and that i want control over what i do.
now go back to playing with your sidechained one note basslines and your boring 4 by 4 phat housebeatz omg.

zzzz..
that's interesting.
How do you manage such projects when time comes to play on stage?
I'm just curious here, no disrespect or whatever.
I only wanna understand your overall process.

I ended with 9tracks for gig purpose, just for simplicity in action where you don't always have the time to remember what's here and there.

Now for music production, I think there are no rules in matter of tracks' count

Sometimes you can achieve a wonderful piece of music with a minimum amount of tracks, after that kind of project I always wonder to myself how such magic can happen so spontaneously.

On the other hand, you can achieve something nice with overwhelming amount of tracks.
in the screenshots you posted later, I only see good clean project, everything is at its place.

with my dualcore setup, impossible to reach 200tracks.
If I can reach the quarter I would be happy :mrgreen:
And I don't point Ableton live here, I point the weakness of my setup.
with a quadcore, that would be another story.

best.

acatcalledanarchy

Post by acatcalledanarchy » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:46 pm

Once is curiousity, twice is fun, three times is an addiction...

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:10 pm

aww mannn:(

I'm tired of our people being discriminated against.
ImageImage

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:12 pm

acatcalledanarchy wrote:
even more funny :

http://www.ableton.com/restricted_acces ... _11_tester
..?

http://www.ableton.com/restricted_acces ... f_genitals
While I made a similar joke in a previous thread,it was pointed out to me that this page actually exists, which redirects to the other page: http://www.ableton.com/release-notes/live-9-beta
Professional Shark Jumper.

Hermanus

Post by Hermanus » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:19 pm

Abe team have seen the interest of the audience and now they joke with us (?)

ROFL on the genitals link

rpc9943

Post by rpc9943 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:34 pm

friend_kami wrote:

Yikes.

RonC

zzzz..
First off, I don't make 4/4 house. I make moody british-influenced music that you'd find a way to make fun of in another way. haha.

It's the end outcome that truly matters. I simply suggested maybe checking out software that would be better suited for high amounts of tracks like that.
http://theconsolationproject.bandcamp.com
Influenced by The Cure, Smiths, early Verve, My Bloody Valentine, Radiohead, Red House Painters, Cocteau Twins, The Church.

wehkah

Post by wehkah » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:02 pm

No need of Live 9, just 64bit & Max 6 Support. Ableton should build some new internal FX & Instruments as addon, not just sample librarys.

cheers
T
Motto: sharing knowledge...

https://soundcloud.com/bytechop

pedx1ng

Post by pedx1ng » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:26 pm

This "too many tracks" discussion reminds me of one of my favorite scenes from Amadeus: http://youtu.be/Q_UsmvtyxEI

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:41 pm

I didn't even have to watch it to know this has to be the "too many notes scene"