New Akai MPC

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
humnumb

Re: New Akai MPC

Post by humnumb » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:54 am

Not sure how legit but it says $1499 and not available for another 4-6 months here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxMKSsMU4mk :lol: :lol: :lol:

starving student

Post by starving student » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:20 am

akai says less than a G

humnumb

Post by humnumb » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:22 am

starving student wrote:akai says less than a G
Nah, that's just an internet rumor. Akai hasn't officially announced a price.

starving student

Post by starving student » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:24 am

really I thought they tweeted that, was that just a rumor?

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:37 am

Rumor, no official price yet.

humnumb

Post by humnumb » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:45 am

levimoniz wrote:I'm personally not interested in defending Akai at all.
Yet you keep popping in doing exactly that.

aizo

Post by aizo » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:07 pm

man the Akai site is fudged up
ImageImage

Ryanmf

Post by Ryanmf » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:19 pm

I want to be clear that I don't believe all Akai Products are inherently terrible. I do believe that Akai are terrible software developers, and that their track record of active development, bug squashing, and just generally addressing the needs of their users is equally terrible.

Say what you will about Maschine (once again, I have tons of complaints about it myself) but at least it's being actively maintained and regularly improved/expanded upon.

And if the MPC Ren is a penny over $1199 street that's a joke. It's a fucking MIDI controller with an audio interface in it. No matter what your opinion about the state of affairs in the world of "grooveboxes" (hate that word), but even if you have a rock solid rationale for exactly why the MPC is and always has been the exact right tool for you in contrast to DAW+pad controller, Maschine, Octatrack, Roland MV/MC, and so on—anyone who pays $1500, or $2000, or £2000 for a MIDI controller is a sucker.

kb420

Post by kb420 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:42 pm

MPC Studio leaked photos.

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

humnumb

Post by humnumb » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:18 pm

MPC caught with the Fly open?

Ryanmf

Post by Ryanmf » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:21 pm

This product doesn't exist yet. No one here has seen it, no one here has touched it, no one here has attempted to use it for its intended purpose of producing music. Everything in this thread (as it pertains to the MPC Ren specifically) is conjecture.

levimoniz wrote:I'm practically immune to gear lust
You don't say...
levimoniz wrote:but I'll be damned if I don't want that...
No kidding. I'd never have guessed.

So far in this thread you've:
  1. Declared Maschine (which you've never used) a "toy"
  2. Sung the praises of your LPD8 and LPK25 (because those aren't toys)
  3. Made it plainly obvious that you've already drawn your conclusions about the MPC Ren despite the paucity of real information available at this point.
  4. Ignored any comment on Akai's piss poor history with software, despite the strength of the software being paramount to this thing not sucking. Here's some more conjecture: you're doing it to maintain your delusion that a product you've already decided you want before a single production unit has been produced, used, or reviewed will meet or exceed your expectations.
and as a consequence I have no reason to believe that there's a meaningful discussion to be had here.

I'm not satisfied with Maschine. I want something that takes the best of the MPC and comprable hardware and makes it play nicer with computer music. Maschine made some great strides, but it misses on some important points. At this point I have no reason to believe that the MPC Ren will be a noteworthy improvement.

starving student

Post by starving student » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:30 am

whoaaa nelly why all the lack of harmony my friends. There is nothing wrong with someone loving a paticular instrument. We all benefit from the knowledge that anyone very passionate about a paticular instrument gives to us whether it be a strat, yamaha piano, mpc, or maschine, passion is the best teacher and makes it possible for us to gain more insight than through typical channels. Lets open this discussion up not try to shut it down, who knows we might even help one another find products that we enjoy using, I know a few of the great folks here helped me find and enjoy using maschine....... lets continue

aizo

Post by aizo » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:36 am

Whoa that MPC Studio looks like shit. I really like the look of most of Akai's designs but this thing looks 10 years too late. I don't know anything about it's abilities but it sure looks ugly.

I guess the leaked photos are right. I'm liking the ipad thingy though. Me wants me wants
ImageImage

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:36 am

I understand you have some bad impression on AKAI. But for most people AKAI and NI they are same dump. Don't try to take your time to compare two sh1t and decide which is nicer sh1t.

starving student

Post by starving student » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:42 pm

yeah aiz actually I don't like the way any of them look, i'm waiting for whats up with the ipad version as well cause I don't mind if that one has a futuristic slant as it's the ipad, but the others look like crap to me as well, I don't like the way they try to make it all areodynamic and shit, I like my curves on a woman not a machine.