OT : NOT IN OUR NAME - Spread The Message ...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Mbazzy

OT : NOT IN OUR NAME - Spread The Message ...

Post by Mbazzy » Wed Mar 19, 2003 9:39 am

The following email was just sent to you via NotInOurNameMusic.com.

Mbazzy/Didier Legein

--------------------------------------------------------

This email comes at you from Not In Our Name, Saul Williams, DJ Spooky, Coldcut, Ninjatune, and Synchronic Records - who have created some powerful music and art AGAINST THE WAR.

Time is short, and we need your help to spread this art and message far and wide!

At the site below, we have provided the music to download FREE as MP3s, graphics, text, banners - everything you need to make this travel everywhere:

http://www.notinournamemusic.com

We ask you to do 2 things right away:

1) DOWNLOAD THE SONGS AND GRAPHICS FROM THE SITE ABOVE. BLAST! them anywhere and everywhere you can, including websites, friends, peer-to-peer networks, radio shows, at protests and rallies. Write about them. Make your own remixes (downloads include a vocal track). Whatever's clever!

2) TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW ABOUT THESE SONGS. Forward this email to friends, and motivate their friends to do same.

Please help us make this message of peace and solidarity go viral!!

Another world is possible, and we pledge to make it REAL!!!

PEACE.

------------------------------------------

LATEST PIRATE TRACK BY SAUL, CHECK IT OUT:

\"No Man's Land Radio\"

Available for free for download at
http://www.notinournamemusic.com/mp3/sa ... s_land.mp3

--------------------------------------------------------
http://www.mbazzy.tk -
Mbazzy's "The dysfunctional playground, a scrapbook a bout the shape of useless things" now OUT on Retinascan - http://www.retinascan.de

Logic

What about us?

Post by Logic » Wed Mar 19, 2003 6:48 pm

What about those of us who are looking forward to finally having a liberated Iraq? Where my relatives who live there no longer have to face political persecution and violence for their opinions. I am very much looking forward to visiting my family and being able to return and say what's on my mind without facing the threat of an oppresive regime that has hurt/killed many, many people over the years, including some of my family members.

Thanks for listening. Keep the music rolling.

astromass

Post by astromass » Wed Mar 19, 2003 9:39 pm

nothing will stop this war at this point...but this ball will keep rolling until there is a mcdonald's on every street corner in the middle east. usa elections are coming up soon...but not soon enuff. i'm not a big fan of the "idiot son of a famous man", but i have friends who are in the gulf, ready to shoot and be shot out, and i'll be DAMNED if i am to spit in their faces.
nyquist theorem and nyquil...

Mbazzy

Post by Mbazzy » Wed Mar 19, 2003 10:13 pm

There is/was an alternative way to get Sadam out of the saddle ... by the UN, inspections etc ... however Bush showed UTTER CONTEMPT for this organisation/institution by wanting to have his own little war [ Look daddy, I can do it also ... ] ... and please don't tell me you still beleive this is about liberating a country of their tiran ... come on grow up ... this is all but about geopolitical control and the hidden agenda of the oil/defense ridden cabinet of powerhungry hawks like Rumsfeld, Cheney , ... all oil billionaires in their own right ...

Wake up, USA, you're not living in a democracy anymore .... you just don't realise it ...
Mbazzy's "The dysfunctional playground, a scrapbook a bout the shape of useless things" now OUT on Retinascan - http://www.retinascan.de

joshcarter

Post by joshcarter » Wed Mar 19, 2003 10:28 pm

Clearly there will be people on both sides of this issue. But even more clearly, this is NOT a forum for political debate.

-Josh

Logic

OK

Post by Logic » Wed Mar 19, 2003 10:57 pm

I did not mean to start some sort of debate. The end justifies the means. My uncle was killed by policemen in Iraq 5 years ago for his political beliefs. I wish he was still alive to have the optimism and confidence you seem to have in the U.N. I for one will be glad when the regime is out and my family is safer than they are now.

Peace to all.

Mbazzy

Post by Mbazzy » Wed Mar 19, 2003 11:00 pm

Neither did I .... Logic, respect to you ... but I sincerely hope that the new found freedom for the PEOPLE of Iraq will be worth that name ...

Logic

Peace

Post by Logic » Wed Mar 19, 2003 11:18 pm

I hope so too my friend.

monolake

Re: OK

Post by monolake » Thu Mar 20, 2003 2:14 pm

I personally can only encourage everyone to use every available forum to speak about this war. tihs is propably going to change history for all of us and the users of the Ableton Live are part of this world.

This is a personal statement of me, Robert Henke. This is not an Abeton statement. But we at ableten are also discussing what each of us could / should do in this situtation and we also finds it difficult to continue business as usual.

Peace. Robert

please consider donating money to organisations like http://www.msf.org/
who care for the civil victims of wars.

Logic wrote:I did not mean to start some sort of debate. The end justifies the means. My uncle was killed by policemen in Iraq 5 years ago for his political beliefs. I wish he was still alive to have the optimism and confidence you seem to have in the U.N. I for one will be glad when the regime is out and my family is safer than they are now.

Peace to all.

monolake

oh, sorry logic, wrong quote

Post by monolake » Thu Mar 20, 2003 2:24 pm

Oh, sorry Logic, i did not want to quote your statement in my last mail, i wanted to reply JoshCarter who said that this is not the right place to discuss political issues.

(( But since i made this mistake i am taking the chance to add that i definitly do not think that the political situation in iraq has been ok. my objections against this war are more based on the fact that the US not long ago was supporting the iraq ( rumsfeld had dinner with saddam , 19 november 1983 ) and are responsible for delivering wappons to countries like the iraq if they think this is usefull for the US and i therefore have difficulties with their way of freeing the world from evil once they establsihed it by themselfes. (( seems to be a pretty good business model btw. )) ))

robert

Logic

War

Post by Logic » Thu Mar 20, 2003 4:33 pm

Thanks for the kind words. There is plenty of narrowmindedness on both sides of the coin. Blind flag waving and arrogance on the U.S. side is obviously disturbing. The U.N. is only as strong as the participation of all members. Ignoring the will of the U.N. is not wise.

However, allowing Hussein to stay in power is equally as dangerous. Protecting his sovereignty is absolutely not the right thing to do. Hardworking Iraqi people deserve better.

Take care!

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Thu Mar 20, 2003 8:52 pm

They've got to be protected
All their rights respected

UNTIL SOMEONE THAT WE LIKE CAN BE ELECTED...

(the line in capitals is the crucial bit...)

And thank you Mr. Bush, for trying your best to destroy the UN. They do after all want to take our guns away.

http://www.jbs.org
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

Alex Reynolds

Post by Alex Reynolds » Fri Mar 21, 2003 2:13 am

While I certainly don't agree with Bush's preemptive act, it is pretty clear there has been no discussion about the culpability of European nations in this mess.

Where issues of arms dealing and the transition from petrodollars to Euros are concerned, France and Germany have made a significant profit from the status quo.

I am as concerned about why Bush ignored the UN, as much as I am concerned about why Europe closed its eyes to ongoing atrocities while it lined its pockets along with the rest of the world.

-Alex

geargasm

Post by geargasm » Fri Mar 21, 2003 2:17 am

I'm all for a liberated Iraq. There's so much more going on that meets the eye. This is centuries of history, most notably originally brought upon by WWI.

I think a lot of people would be enlightened if they opened a history book rather than spouting off hippie rhetoric. I don't much personally care for the things that Saddam has done, but I actually understand the reason he's had to be such a tyrant to his people. Really, try opening a book. It's not an excuse for anyone's actions, but it's just more complicated than it looks. National policies for and against this war have nothing to do with the US', Germany's, or even France's public opinion.
Your opinion (mine too) just simply doesn't matter.

How about all the Iraqi's that are going to or have already starved to death because Saddam has diverted aid to build presidential palaces? Anyone who wasn't crying foul then that is now, needs to take a shut the fuck up pill.

What's happening now should have happened years ago.

I just saw protesters in San Francisco pull someone out of their car and beat the person while they were on the ground. Then it appeared as though someone was looking for something to steal in the car. People were taking pictures, no one was stopping it. It's probably worse in South Korea from what I saw on the news.

Anti-war protest people everywhere, in every country are being VIOLENT! What the FUCK is wrong with people? Did Martin Luther King die for nothing? I would personally like to see anyone who hurts anyone in protest of this war suffer a long torturing death.

Before anyone runs and signs a petition or cries fowl, think of what you could have done to stop this from happening in the first place. Give someone a hug. Do something nice. Incessant hippie anti-war shit isn't something that promotes peace. You can only begin to help by starting at home.

I love y'all, but seriously, this is too little to late. Do something closer to home. Spread the love. Your anti-war rhetoric is just promoting their cause.

If the world is so full of injustice, go work at a homeless shelter.
I am the bumpitron.

jory

Post by jory » Fri Mar 21, 2003 6:17 am

GeaRGASM....

I just got off the streets of San Francisco. I came home and checked this board to "get away from it all for a moment", but while we are on the subject: Let me tell you firsthand. The only violence I saw was police burtality and it was everywhere. This was a peaceful protest.

With all due respect, you have to realize that the images you get in (where are you OHIO????!!) your part of the world are just what the war-media machine is choosing to show you. Get out on the streets and see with your own eyes before you judge whats going on.

Today I was:

-Hit with a police club
-Almost ran over by a police motorcycle line that decided to speed through our march to try to cut us off
-having to watch people get maced and beaten
-the victims of verbal threats and abuse from the cops.

I never lifted a finger in violence.

there is war in the streets of SF tonight my friends. Get outside.

Check http://www.indybay.org for pictures and first person accounts. Or for world protests, see http://www.indymedia.org

Peace and love to you all this dark night.
jory[/url]