finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta 'soon'...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jmp909

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta soon...

Post by jmp909 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:24 pm

four of the Bitwig team worked at Ableton previously, so I'm not sure "plagiarism" of Live is necessarily the correct word for it. they probably designed it in the first place ;)

dhilsabeck

Post by dhilsabeck » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:28 pm

A little competition is a very good thing.

And surely they will be offering attractive crossgrade paths to Live 6,7, and 8 users to prime their user base???

moscom_musik

Post by moscom_musik » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:28 pm

jmp909 wrote:four of the Bitwig team worked at Ableton previously, so I'm not sure "plagiarism" of Live is necessarily the correct word for it. they probably designed it in the first place ;)
Yes, I get that :) As I was saying, it is more likely a situation similar to what you get when you compare Logic, Cubas, Sonar, etc... Let's hope the best then! It looks very ambitious, so let's see how it works first.
Macbook Pro Retina 2015, Live 9 Suite, Push, and a bunch of plug-ins I like :)

jellycaster

Post by jellycaster » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:37 pm

Peevy wrote:64bit, Dual monitor support, Native Linux Support!

I use Linux for everything but making music. A DAW/Sequencer that rivals Live in Linux would be a really really good thing. But I loves my Lives...come on Ableton make Linux LIVE

could you or someone give me a quick overview as to what the advantages of using a DAW in linux might be? cheers in advance

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:37 pm

Will Ableton sue them for cloning whole design and concept? I think Ableton can win.

oddstep

Post by oddstep » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:38 pm

lets be honest, unless it has bezier curves on automation and timestretching in sampler no one will be able to make music with it anyway.

xzusa8ky

Post by xzusa8ky » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:42 pm

Yeah I do want to Beta test this piece of software!! I am very excited about Bitwig. I hope they will release a solid product that will force Ableton to wake up. Live is still lacking so many features which should have been implented for years ago but nothing happends!? What is wrong with Ableton theese days? When will Live 9 come out? or will there ever be a version of Live 9?......Lets see what comes! 2012 starts interresting! 8)
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

aizo

Post by aizo » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:44 pm

like stated before, this is Live 9

I mean it looks too damn close to Live.
ImageImage

interpolate

Post by interpolate » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:47 pm

I really like the concept of arrange vs mixer "clip launching", and this is something I didn't even know I wanted until I saw it.

I also like how you can tile the clip matrix with arrange at the same time.
Ableton Suite 8 & Max4Live

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:52 pm

it's not Live 9, just sayin.

I think we start here, Bitwig looking like Live with popular feature requests added. In about 5 years I bet they start looking much more different than eachother. Maybe Ableton will venture into new territory, maybe Bitwig will.

tech44

Post by tech44 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:56 pm

pencilrocket wrote:Will Ableton sue them for cloning whole design and concept? I think Ableton can win.
If they were part of the original Live concept, they may have some right to copy or maybe even to a portion of the code base....who knows.
-----
Audiobombs.com: Free ableton racks, soundsets, touchosc templates and more.

Rationalizer

Post by Rationalizer » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:59 pm

Peevy wrote:64bit

Where did you see that? All I see is "32/64 bit VST support" which could mean some kind of a bridge. Just saying.

EDIT: Otherwise I find it very exciting!
Last edited by Rationalizer on Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WIN8.1 x64 | Suite 9.5 x64 | RME FF400 | UAD-2 | Maschine 2 | SparkLE | Mopho | Blodeld | Komplete 9 | Ebony A2 | Adam A7 | Launchpad | Waves Diamond V9 | Many VSTs

Facebook | Youtube | Soundcloud | Beatport

HeadrickProductions

Post by HeadrickProductions » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:00 pm

Anyone not excited about this is a blind fanboy. At the very least it is good for all consumers to have head to head competition just like NI is going to have with akai MPCR. This is nothing but great news for all users of live because now ableton has to really make their product that much better.

Ableton has a huge leg up because they've been at it for a long time, MFL, the bridge, and a huge user base.

But still this is such a great thing and I can't wait to beta test this thing.

I do not know about software trademark works but this has to come as close as it gets without going over the line even if the guys use to work at ABleton. I would assume that ableton owned the rights to whatever was produced while working for them, but again I really don't know the software world.

CAN'T WAIT for Ableton's answer cause you can bet that they will have a damn good one.
In a K induced Haze (the old K kind not the special K kind ), but an Asian spizz can sometimes bring me out! If ya don't get it, ya never will.

Swing like your life depends on it

HeadrickProductions

Post by HeadrickProductions » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:01 pm

Rationalizer wrote:
Peevy wrote:64bit

Where did you see that? All I see is "32/64 bit VST support" which could mean some kind of a bridge. Just saying.

I would assume that it is like reason which can run both 32 and 64 bit when installed separately.
In a K induced Haze (the old K kind not the special K kind ), but an Asian spizz can sometimes bring me out! If ya don't get it, ya never will.

Swing like your life depends on it

Rationalizer

Post by Rationalizer » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:02 pm

Hidden Driveways wrote:I have an iPhone, not an Android phone.

Likewise, I will use Live, not BitWig.
What a weird thing to say. So I have an Android therefore I should change to Bitwig?
WIN8.1 x64 | Suite 9.5 x64 | RME FF400 | UAD-2 | Maschine 2 | SparkLE | Mopho | Blodeld | Komplete 9 | Ebony A2 | Adam A7 | Launchpad | Waves Diamond V9 | Many VSTs

Facebook | Youtube | Soundcloud | Beatport