Convert Audio Effect To Midi Effect

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
Syncretia

Convert Audio Effect To Midi Effect

Post by Syncretia » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:09 am

I want to take the patch Envelope Generator which is part of the MaxForLive API and save it as a Midi Effect.

I have tried copying the patch and then pasting it in to a MaxForLive midi device but it all gets screwed up. Once I do this, I can't remove the background stuff from the presentation and Max can't figure out what it's supposed to display. For example, it shows all the lines which are supposed to be hidden. I tried removing all the of the stuff from presentation but the lines still display.

You can test this yourself. Just

-Open a clean midi effect device and go to the patching view.
-Now add another device by navigating to Max Audio Effect -> Tools -> [Max API CtrlEnvelope] Envelope Generator.
-Go to the patch view of the enveloper generator and copy the patch
-Go back to the clean midi effect and paste the patch in
-Save the patch and view it in Live.

Notice how everything gets screwed up. You can see the lines which should be hidden.
Download and listen @ http://www.syncretia.com

ring (Simon Slowik)

Re: Convert Audio Effect To Midi Effect

Post by ring (Simon Slowik) » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:02 am

You should activate the option "open in presentation" in the patcher inspector of your new Midi-Device.
Please also keep in mind that if you copy and paste objects they will appear some pixels lower and more to the right (as set in you copy&paste-preferences).

cheers
Simon

Syncretia

Re: Convert Audio Effect To Midi Effect

Post by Syncretia » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:37 am

That got it! You da man!

Now I can finish off my patch. I'll be uploading it to MaxForLive pretty soon and I'll post again when it's up.
Download and listen @ http://www.syncretia.com