64mn DeepDubHouse Live Set- All original tracks

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
xuoham

64mn DeepDubHouse Live Set- All original tracks

Post by xuoham » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:52 pm

ColorBeadsSession part1&2: link (All music Paul Mahoux)
And more House or Ambient tracks too... almost all done with Live.
Thanks for listening and for the feedback!

paul
Last edited by xuoham on Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.

elemental

Post by elemental » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:17 pm

is this a Live set of finished tracks or a set of live arrangements/tweaks/loops/samples etc?

xuoham

Post by xuoham » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:31 pm

This is a "set of live arrangements/tweaks/loops/samples", which means it's all personal and original music made from scratch, except 4 obvious samples (Bee Gees/you should be dancing. Hassan Hakmoum/gift of the gnawas, Hubert Reeves/Interview,
1960 Speech for independance of HighVolta Republic). All the rest made with Live, my guitar, Reason, Reaktor. All homemade loops and samples.
But you know, it's hard to see the limits of what's live or not since a lot of transitions or fx sends were already in the clip as envelopes.
Anyway, thanks for your interest man!
Cheers
(It's summer... i wouldn't mind being in London right now! aaah... Okinawa is too hot in summer!)

kennerb

Post by kennerb » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:55 pm

I try the link but it doesn't resolve. Anyone else have any luck?
3ghz Pentium 4 (Prescott), XP Sp2, 1gig Ram, Dual Monitor with Matrox Millenium, MOTU Traveler, Event EZ8 Adat card. Also IBM THinkpad t40 1.6 1 gig ram

smart1123

Post by smart1123 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:25 pm

kennerb wrote:I try the link but it doesn't resolve. Anyone else have any luck?
Click on the word 'here'.

Yeah dude your link is not instantly apparent.

However I like your music alot, nice one, any chance of a higher bandwidth full length download anywhere?
15" TiBook 1.5 GHz 1Gig RAM, MOTU Traveller, Live 5, Reaktor 5, Alesis Micron, Yamaha EX-5, UC-33e, BCR2000, Lexicon MPX-1, Orbit, Event 20/20's

xuoham

Post by xuoham » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:56 pm

Hey guys,
Thanks alot for the feedback, and sorry for that not so obvious link!
There should be a full 192kps version on the P2P network (Limewire...)
By the way, i'm so happy with this soundclick website! Much easier than putting up a website (especially if you're broke in a foreign country) and you get what you want: to be heard! Why didn't i do this earier!? And you can send the link to labels instead of international mail and CD...
Thank you!

Aaaaah.... Oregon...Vancouver... it's so fucking hot here...
...but the Japanese girls are too,
yyyaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!!!.... damn! damn! damn!

kennerb

Post by kennerb » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:52 pm

xuoham wrote:Hey guys,
Thanks alot for the feedback, and sorry for that not so obvious link!
There should be a full 192kps version on the P2P network (Limewire...)
By the way, i'm so happy with this soundclick website! Much easier than putting up a website (especially if you're broke in a foreign country) and you get what you want: to be heard! Why didn't i do this earier!? And you can send the link to labels instead of international mail and CD...
Thank you!

Aaaaah.... Oregon...Vancouver... it's so fucking hot here...
...but the Japanese girls are too,
yyyaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!!!.... damn! damn! damn!
Heh heh, Oregon has a lot!! of Japanese girls these days. I know what you mean.

I have been clicking on the here button but it still doesn't resolve. :(

I can get to soundclick but it won't let me get to your page. I did a search and you come up there and all. hmm. Must me the stupid firewall. Its probably some strange PAUL MAHOUX block rule. I'll look into it :D
3ghz Pentium 4 (Prescott), XP Sp2, 1gig Ram, Dual Monitor with Matrox Millenium, MOTU Traveler, Event EZ8 Adat card. Also IBM THinkpad t40 1.6 1 gig ram

kennerb

Post by kennerb » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:57 pm

I figured it out (sorta) It's some Firefox thing. I loaded up the Internets Exploder and got there fine.

Nice stuff. Very groovy. Is that you on bass? I like the house with the glitchy element. I have to keep listening for the Dub influence.

defunkt

Post by defunkt » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:22 pm

excellent mix sir.

Clearscreen

Post by Clearscreen » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:13 pm

nice stuff! i like the slide guitar track at the bottom too. makes me wanna pull out the old teisco and drop the tuning!
Hp Elitebook 2.8Ghz. Live 7.0.14 & Live 8.1.5, XP Pro. and stuff...

xuoham

Post by xuoham » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:48 am

kennerb wrote: Is that you on bass?
Hi Kennerb, thanks for your post and the japanese girls topic!
Bass is either: some of my guitar processed in Live, whatever processed in Live, or some artifact bass programmed with Reason. Actually, a very cheap bass sound (you would hear it alone, you would be surprised) but it sits very well in the mix. I think the key to nice funky programmed basslines is to be very careful about velocity and notes length. Very short notes for muted strokes work so good for this style of "fingerd" bass.
I really appreciated your feedback man!
Thanx

(OT!):Is Ralph Towner well known in Oregon?

xuoham

Post by xuoham » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:54 am

Clearscreen wrote:nice stuff! i like the slide guitar track at the bottom too. makes me wanna pull out the old teisco and drop the tuning!
Thank you Clearscreen. This track was just some pothead wandering with the dat recording. Among one hour of not so good stuff was this little piece. It's funny because it sounds kind of deep and "meaning it", but i think i was just not thinking at all when doing it (that's why maybe) or thinking about some very trivial stuff.
I'm always amazed (and confused) that tracks made purely out of fun are usually better than stuff that's more "meant to be".
Thanx!

nechted

Post by nechted » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:16 pm

Hi, nice music there! Sound nice and original but still has a good house vibe... we like this kindof stuff here because it's groovy and not stupid, and some moments are a littlebit ambient. Make me wanna buy Live soon!

tomperson

Post by tomperson » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:29 pm

Is there a way to download the set instead of listening online?
Turn up the radio. Turn up the tape machine. Look into the sunset up ahead. Roll the windows down for a better taste of the cool desert wind. Ah yes. This is what it's all about. Total control now.

Clearscreen

Post by Clearscreen » Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:41 am

i agree, the best stuff i've made has always had a strong element of 'un-thinking' when i was making it!

also, just realised that i now have to hate you - you have a 66 335!! don't tell me it's a tobacco burst.... please...
i settled for a 67 guild starfire 4 a few years ago (don't get me wrong - it's v nice), but now wish i'd gone with a 66 335 for the extra grand... DOH!
Hp Elitebook 2.8Ghz. Live 7.0.14 & Live 8.1.5, XP Pro. and stuff...